Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Popra San Diego (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/195828-popra-san-diego.html)

shifter 09-22-2008 12:25 AM

Popra San Diego

1 Attachment(s)
Finally done with the races this weekend. We had a blast.

I need to thank Troy from INTHERED, The Brunner family, The cracker box guys, Raganuffin, TJ/Thad, and The whole crew of Volunteers at Bay Fair that made things smooth for Team AVR at our first race as a team.

We put XP1-00 through it's first race meeting without too many major headaches. Dave and Todd had their first race together as a team and reallllly got their act together for the 3rd race in second right behind the 43 eliminator with 1075's before running out of fuel.............:angry-smiley-038: It was a mad dash to find some more but to no avail so we missed the 4th race. Shheeeees Rookies.

It was cool to finally see the boat back on the water after a 2 year project to put her together.

Renegade dominated with the cat races :ernaehrung004:

and Cooper took a swim with Scott after a biig speech during the drivers meeting about pushing too hard in the corners. Good to see they were fine.

It was fun.:evilb:

pat W

racesdad 09-22-2008 01:25 PM

where are the pics of the old girl?
mike

Ryan Beckley 09-22-2008 01:27 PM

Is the V-bottom the EXTREME that burned?

racinginthered 09-22-2008 09:20 PM

Thank You!

Originally Posted by racesdad (Post 2693590)
where are the pics of the old girl?
mike

Just saw your response and Congrats on the Pittsburgh thread!

We just wrapped up SD and the venue was terrific, "The Old War Horse" is running well! The old girl as you call her, still has legs!

GC
Wheel-Man, In the red Racing

racesdad 09-22-2008 09:42 PM

Go George And Troy

Brad Johnson 09-22-2008 11:19 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great week end

This weekend went off really well, I tell you everyone we have talked to really loved the show. It was really impressive to be pitted next to the unlimited hydros, man those guys can swap out a turbine fast!
It is nice to drive away with another checkered flag; maybe we will get another this weekend in LOTO...
In The Red guys – paybacks are a *****, ha ha ha :party-smiley-004:
Can’t wait till the Kilo runs in December at the Salton Sea, sounds like a blast.:evilb:

BRUNNER 09-23-2008 10:10 AM

WOW ! what a weekend, to say the least.

First let me say thanks to everyone that made it out and and enjoyed the event with the rest of us.

Was a great weekend of jam packed racing both sat, and sun.A little less for me and Mr. cooper but I 'll let him elaborate on that if he want's too , but I can say that both me and Kevin are great and I really appreciate him letting me run with him this past weekend , i had a blast !

Thanks again to the AVR boys bringing out the old burn victim with a rejuvinated and better looking body , that boat definitely looks rad and ran good as well.

Congrats to The In The Red racing team for actually running and finishing a race this weekend , :ernaehrung004:

And again thanks to everyone that showed up and made this thing a great venue , POPRA , and also the BAYFAIR committe

Big thanks to my family!:evilb:

P.s will post some pictures tonight!

Flashwave 09-23-2008 12:47 PM

Fantastic weekend of racing and Hospitality put on by Brunner Motorsports and Paradise Point. 4 heat races over 2 days plus testing and the kilos on Friday made it a jammed packed fun event.

Tom, Jennifer and the whole crew made us feel great all weekend. I wish every event could be like this. Thanks to all who raced and especially to those who worked so hard behind the scenes. We had a terrific time.

Jim

Westcoast 09-23-2008 01:16 PM

I would like to say as a volenteer on the perimeter line....Your welcome and THANK YOU guys for bringing your boats and providing great entertainment for us spectators!!! Please come back next year!

Does anyone know what happoned to Rods boat?

HTM2 Racing 09-23-2008 03:25 PM

HTM, would like to thank so many people, thanks to the POPRA's crew and their family for making this event unforgettable for us, the food was good, the racing was awesome, and all of the members from POPRA were awesome,very helpful, thanks everyone, we had a blast, and the checker flag made the weekend for US we will see you on the Salton sea in December.
Signed the Day Cruiser LOL :evilb::ernaehrung004:
it might be short but it works,,

FilterPRO 09-24-2008 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Westcoast (Post 2694732)
I would like to say as a volenteer on the perimeter line....Your welcome and THANK YOU guys for bringing your boats and providing great entertainment for us spectators!!! Please come back next year!

Does anyone know what happoned to Rods boat?

We belive that Rod broke a crank in his starboard engine,was disappointed but said he had a great time and will be back for sure next year and is bringing 2 boats next year, Tom Bruinner -BRUNNER Motorsports:cool::cool:

racinginthered 09-24-2008 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a Picture of the Fab 4

FilterPRO 09-24-2008 01:32 AM

San Diego Bayfair 2008

Tom here,Hello to all teams that attended:From your Vice President-Director of Race Operations Tom Brunner from Brunner Motorsports promoter of the SAN DIEGO BAYFAIR Offshore Division of this event I would like to thank each and everyone of you that showed and help make this a Great event,Because as a Race Director and a Race Promoter it's a lot of work and with lots of tireless hour's and hour's of effort driving to meetings and did I say Day's and Day's Hour's and Hour's lots of phone calls a couple thousand emails etc. I'm sure you get my point,but it makes it all worth it at the end weekend when we can get boats to show up and put on a Great show for all the 200-thousand plus fans that we BAYFAIR/POPRA have at this Spectacular Powerboat Festival of Boat Racing,this is one Huge undertaking working with all the other classes from competing for time on the race course, to competing for space in the pits to accommodate all the contestants that show up from all Divisions,Exspecially to Accommodate the Large Offshore Boats and Riggs,Special thanks to The board of Directors of The Unlimited /Bayfair Office in SAN DIEGO special thanks to:Jeff Thomas ,Bob Davies,Becky Strawser,Lynda Self,& Sue Hirsch my immediate contacts they are the ones that help us along with all there support staff to put this HUGE event together and you to Justin
:ernaehrung004:

racinginthered 09-24-2008 01:49 AM

Well said my friend, well said. If it wasn't for you, I don't know if Pittsburg or San Diego would have happened. I am looking forward to a little R&R myself. Thanks to all of the teams that helped support the Traveling Circus that is POPRA. I hope that we can grow and add a couple of more races for next years schedule. I will be working on Oceanside and another site (TOP SECRET).

Craig Ferguson, you are a gentleman. Thanks for making all of us feel like family, and I hope you enjoy the pictures in the offseason.

Brad and your "entourage"..............it will happen when you least expect it, and it will be BAD.

Troy
Stick-Man
In The Red 16

HTM2 Racing 09-24-2008 06:11 PM

picture

Hey in the red can you email me some of those pictures, I found a really good one on the net as well i can email you back it was in a gallery. thanks
htm:evilb:

shifter 09-25-2008 11:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more photos. I was a little busy to take pics.....:ernaehrung004:

shifter 09-25-2008 11:48 PM

I guess that is a before and after.

wrong pics on the last. The Hydro is the Huricane 4.

shifter 09-25-2008 11:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
pat W:evilb:

shifter 09-25-2008 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need to go to sleep now.:ernaehrung004:
pat W

shifter 09-28-2008 11:00 PM

Troy,

Who was in the black chopper? Do you have any photos of the vee races?

pat W

Brad Johnson 09-30-2008 09:56 PM

footage of BayFair

Pat- We have lots of footage from SD. Both from the docks & from the bird. Thanks to our #1 sponsor who sprang for the black chopper. We are still on the road home from LOTO & should be in Tahoe tomorrow eve. Get us your email & we'll do our best to send some your way. Nance (the wife)

shifter 09-30-2008 11:52 PM

Brad and Nance,

Nice long trip.

I sent you a PM.

thanks,

pat W

racesdad 10-01-2008 12:11 AM

Brad And Nance,
I Need A Med Hat Like The One I Stole Off Nances Head Sunday. Thank You Very Much.
Do You Have Any In Red Plaid?
Mike Stancombe

racesdad 10-01-2008 12:17 AM

Troy, Get A Set Of Boxes On Her

Brad Johnson 10-05-2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by racesdad (Post 2702508)
Brad And Nance,
I Need A Med Hat Like The One I Stole Off Nances Head Sunday. Thank You Very Much.
Do You Have Any In Red Plaid?
Mike Stancombe

We dont have any red plaid. but we do have black with red pinstripe:p
and houndstooth that are black and white.

racesdad 10-05-2008 09:51 PM

sweet i will take one of each

shifter 10-06-2008 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brad,

Thanks for the chopper info. Can I post the other pics?

We are trying to get a sponsor to get to Key West so the pics really help.

What day are you leaving for Key West and what direction?

pat W

Photo BY Rawin Lekhakul

shifter 10-08-2008 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are more of Rawin Lekahkul's pics.

shifter 10-08-2008 11:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Great shots
pat W

cadillactee32 10-29-2008 05:04 PM

Thanks To All The Teams, Who Came Out And Supported This Race. Hope To See You All Next Year At The 1st Stop For The 2009 Season.

cadillactee32 10-29-2008 05:08 PM

crichdsn 11-01-2008 11:20 AM

wow pat.what did you guys do to our old boat!how does she run.chris told me he saw the boat and now i just did.does she run alot better at high speeds now?i still need to get my but down there to see you guys.hope all is well and i miss the whole racing scene.maybe one day i will win the lotto and have you guys design me a boat.talk to you later....craig r

FilterPRO 11-07-2008 12:24 AM

SALTON SEA Speedweek North Shore State Park Salton Sea California / Coming Soon December 5,6,7th 2008
ALL POPRA Race teams and all other Interested Race teams & ALL Performance Boat Manufactures & Marine Engine Manufactures,come out show your stuff who's going to be top Dog.........contact us at www.pacificoffshore.com

FilterPRO 11-07-2008 01:30 AM

Salton Sea

1 Attachment(s)
Blast From The Past 1967 Salton Sea 500
Tom Brunner Sr.
Chrysler Triple Engine Outboard Powercat !

shifter 11-13-2008 12:29 AM

Craig we had a continental breakfast with a side of sausage just in your honor......:grinser010: The boat is running real well. You guys should come down and see her run in the Salton Sea in December.

pat W

shifter 11-14-2008 01:13 AM

Here is an onboard video from one of the races.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZP9G3K-CE
pat W:evilb:

FunHome 11-14-2008 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2693594)
Is the V-bottom the EXTREME that burned?

Cool project!! But what the heck is it??
The LS7's are way cool!!
A pair of those in my Saber would be AWESOME!!!

shifter 11-15-2008 01:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It was a burn victim now after 4 year restoration it is a pleasure/race boat. But it gave us a chance to fix some stuff. I convinced the new owner to go the LS7 route with the 6-speeds when he already had 557 c.i. blower motors ready to go. So he sold those and we got 2 crate motors and marinized them and stuffed them in.

Engine completely dressed, dual cooler bellhousing, headers,clutch, steel engine mounts, offset FNR transmission = 624 lbs.:evilb: 550 hp.

Here is a video of some of the testing. In the video (last post) we are already in 6th at 7200.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMT3WDJRj4

Let me know if you want a set. If you want more power we are working on that too.

I put some pics of the model I made of what it was supposed to be but we ended up with the 1/4 f-16's.

pat W

racesdad 11-15-2008 12:52 PM

want to sell me that model?

shifter 11-15-2008 08:32 PM

Ahhh no. :evilb: build your own........I can build you a real one...... I have another hull we are looking at doing but still changing more things. I am building another model for it.... Come out to California for a little rigging job, get out of the cold.

:ernaehrung004:pat W