What class should this be in? >

What class should this be in?

Notices

What class should this be in?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
No doubt..but you cant expect a twin i/o 30 foot boat to just move up to class 4. They wouldnt have a chance
Then again ,,,the chance thing . THAT IS BULL .

In a race i understand the speed bracket is top (4) + 85 MPH,,,a 75 MPH boat has a chance ,,turns wtare conditions and sofort .
Plus i think that a 32 foot suns. with stock power can easaly be helped an other 3-6 MPH with all the GOOD people we have at the races.
And i hope aswell that he will race with us and we will gladly help him to get his boat where it needs to run.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Registered

No, Randel hasnt beaten on anyone. But i do know that smitty is fair. i also know if panther can run his 30 twin engine big block, or a super boat with 2 outboard mercs, or toasty with 2 i/os those boats arent setting speed records and are being beat by singles. It just seems that some racers are trying to pay their bills and want less competition in their class. you dont see the joker boys on there complaining every 2 min about rules and classes. Suck it up and deal with it. This isnt the OSS where every "pro" racer can have a say and minipulate the rules. just go with what has been working; and the past has been working. Class 5 is the biggest of the series are you really going to let randy screw with that?!?! Smitty stick to your guns stick to what works well. dont feed into someones ego. although offshore racers its kinda hard to put the egos away

Last edited by Hannibal41; 02-24-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Well ,,i quess first of all the boat is 32' ,,,if u have a 29 foot fountain its realy 26 but still counts as a 29 !!!!!

Second of all i run a 32 single in class 4 !!!! Now do u think the 2 feet make that much of a diffrents ??

+ i have a 10 inch notch at the transom ,,,does that make it a 31 ??
Come on ,,stay sirius with the length ,,,a 32 foot Sunsation is 32 FEET !!!
I agree with you on this, i wasnt talking about the Sunsation.I was talking about the twin i/os already in class 5. You cant just move them up.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Hannibal41
This isnt the OSS where every "pro" racer can have a say and minipulate the rules.

I think I had this conversation a couple years ago when I first looked into racing my 65/67mph stock Scarab. No "rule" manipulation was made for me so I went out and built a boat to fit a class.

No one wants "selective enforcement” in our rule book and that is what your asking.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Racer
Racer

With that being said I think it might be an interesting idea to allow a “to large” of boat race class 5 or 6 for a nominal insurance fee; but not be eligible for the purse or trophy. This way you could get your feet wet so to speak.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

If you take the door off the top of a canopy boat does that than make it an open boat?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
If you take the door off the top of a canopy boat does that than make it an open boat?
I would not even think about that ,,,,,very UNSAFE !!!!!

+ i dont think so ,,it still is a canopy ,,just without the hatch.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

I dont see what you guys are afraid of. Last year Octane showed for two races. St Clair and Patchogue. They finshed First in St Clair and 2nd in Patchogue. Against the so call Big power twin v's. Of coarse the ocean would be a different story, thats why we keep a mix of rough and calm races. It evens things out if you are in for the points.

As far as a boat too long for the class running class 5, the rules will not bend. Not by an inch. The twins vrs single is up for debate.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the Octane Boyz ran a SMART Race. Remember, On Any Givin' Sunday you can either win or loose!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered

Smitty,We all know the adrenaline rush that is achieved when you look off to your sides and see boats 2 or 3 deep within yards of each other or even inches sometimes.This rush is what drives us all to keep coming back for more.Unfortunately,the only time I experienced that was in the 1st corner and, when all the class 5 boats started catching and passing me on the 4th lap.Maybe its my lack of experience or maybe its the size of my boat,maybe its the lack of horsepower.Whatever the reason I dont feel that I can be competitive in class 4.I would like to race with class 5 where I feel I might be able to compete.It wont take long to see if the canopy is that much of an advantage.If so Put me back in class 4 and I'll give it hell.As far as the Octane boat,just because we both ran as SVL w/ another organization doesnt mean that the boats are comparable.The only thing similar is the canopy.He has 4' of hull and a ft of beam and weighs about the same.Somebody mentioned common sense,prop calc,length of boat and even running the boat.Common sense? I race boats duh! prop calc?is what it is,boat length? actually 26',I would be happy to let you run it and make your decision based on that.You have done a great job with this organization and I will honor your decision.Augie dont take it personal,I'll still let you do theh cookin!

Quick Reply: What class should this be in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.