Notices

OPA 2010 season

Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPA 2010 season

Well folks, the silly season is almost over. The long winter of sitting indoors, dreaming about the race that got away. There has been a lot of changes in the last few months, that always seem to upset the sport. The little engine that could, OPA is still climbing the hills. Our season is upon us, our race sites are in order, all we need is a little fuel, a couple of bouys, and God willing sunny sky's.
In the past few months, the sport seemed to get so complicated, that some of the teams got frustrated and took up Golf. I play Golf, trust me it's not even close. Stick with the Boats.
This is actually really simple. Load up your stuff, Fuel the truck, hang out with your friends, and have a blast. Offshore is as simple as it gets. Hell, we dont even have to pay for the race track.
We have a lot of great people pulling together to make your 2010 season one you will spend all next winter dreaming about. Same cast of charachters, just for the first time, all pulling in the same direction. It has been a blast. Just today, I got to test Steve Adams (Garvey Guy Runnin and Gunnin) new race boat. Spoke to Gino today, his new boat is in our shop getting an Ilmore repower. Jim Anselmo on to something new, should be here wednesday. Stopped in this morning on a new class 6 boat going together. What I am getting at is. Gettem ready, Ocean city is right around the corner. We are at no shortage of competition. Oh and I spoke to Louie today. Still says he's gonna kick my a@@. If anyone has any questions in ref to the upcoming season, Post here, and we'll answer any questions you may have.
Have a great Easter with your families, cause it might be the last time you see them till the season is over.
Best wishes........Smitty
Old 04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Smitty,

As a huge fan of OPA, I am very pleased to see that 2010 season is in order and everything is all set. Great job, Smitty!!

I know how hard is to wait to get over a long winter, I feel the same thing right now. The feelings inside me right now is that I am really looking forward to the season, see what's new, see any changes, see new boats, and most importantly, is see OPA families and friends.

All I am saying....I JUST CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all your boats are being dialed in for 2010 season!

Happy Easter and see you soon!

Chris
Old 04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

is that what we call a pep talk?
Less talk more work. Big boat race lotta people gonna be there!!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Should Be Real Cool....
Old 04-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Any changes with the schedule? I remember at the meeting there was a possible date change.
Dr. G
Old 04-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I am looking forward to this year.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered

hey smitty, i see our moreheadcity race and your opa race are finnily on different weekendes .. that mean we are going to see the opa guys make it to morehead this year . please pleaae we would love to have you all down here . thanks robbie
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Thanks for all you do Smitty, see you soon
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Smitty,

I am trying to figure out a question for you regarding P1. Since P1 has ben cancelled for 2010. What are the chances for P1 teams to come to USA to race with OPA and other orgs???

Chris