Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Just thinking and drinking (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/243498-just-thinking-drinking.html)

TYPHOON 12-03-2010 10:36 PM

Just thinking and drinking

The more I think about people having a need to be in a class they might not belong in.
1)Purse money?
2 ) need to win?
There can be no other reason I can see. Am I wrong?

Solution: Every team gets the same money to start a race. Take the total purse divided by the number of racers.

The need to win at any cost I havent come up with a answer yet. :party-smiley-004:

If we did this I would be willing to race class 4 in my open boat. I could run WOT trimmed out to the moon like it should be. What does anyone have to gain by sandbagging? The money is the same but the trophy is smaller. Maybe its the Jack talking. I like WOT racing.

Another idea: Sat race. Everyone races 20 miles wot in a cannon ball run. No bracket rules, just race for bragging rights. Lets see what you got. I would bet that boats in lower classes will see where they realy belong if they truely want to race. If the purse is the same then what is the problem.

Each day is a gift ,not a given right. Quote:" Bonjovi" I like that quote. Now Im Fu$ked Nicole Back just came on Quote: All in ball out!!!!

MD

TOASTY 12-03-2010 11:00 PM

Do you remember when we called you from Jail and we needed bail money? You where with Brucie eating din in NJ, and where all set to read a credit card number to the Cop...I miss those days.

TeamSaris 12-04-2010 12:05 AM

Drinking...thinking...on a friday night...at 1am...fellas, winter is here

rchevelle71 12-04-2010 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by TYPHOON (Post 3266555)
Another idea: Sat race. Everyone races 20 miles wot in a cannon ball run. No bracket rules, just race for bragging rights. Lets see what you got. I would bet that boats in lower classes will see where they realy belong if they truely want to race. If the purse is the same then what is the problem.

Each day is a gift ,not a given right. Quote:" Bonjovi" I like that quote. Now Im Fu$ked Nicole Back just came on Quote: All in ball out!!!!

MD

Where do I sign up?? Love that idea.

Runnin-n-Gunnin 12-04-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by TYPHOON (Post 3266555)
The more I think about people having a need to be in a class they might not belong in.
1)Purse money?
2 ) need to win?
There can be no other reason I can see. Am I wrong?

The two biggest reasons, whether people want to say it or not!!

Solution: Every team gets the same money to start a race. Take the total purse divided by the number of racers.

Perfect!! "Tow Money"

The need to win at any cost I havent come up with a answer yet. :party-smiley-004:

This one goes waaayy beyond racing boats!! Even therapy won't work for some!!!

SMITTY!!!! Do you hear this?!?!! Guys may opt out due to equipment wear and tear, but we are probably looking at 6-7 total races--So let's race!!! Cool Thought!!

MD

OUTLAW Likes!! Keep Drinkin'!!

BRUCE SEROFF 12-04-2010 07:39 AM

solution.......................keep drinking....stop thinking

wot 12-04-2010 08:54 AM

3) To Race!

That's the difference.

Wazzup Racing 12-04-2010 09:06 AM

Thinking and drinking.....You Kill me. How's your head this morning?

Towsontown Auto 12-05-2010 01:51 PM

Randy, Randy, Randy, we all know the real answer to this life long question??? almost all of the class 5 guys feel real
safe at 75 mph "BORING" and it's not so tough on their equipment "valve springs every 2 races" from crashing on the limiter ??? So this bring us back to a hand full of guys from the days of yesteryear that really want to hang it out on the edge!!! Unfortunately this will hurt a class that already works and has great boat count. That being said,I guess that leaves SVL as the only real alternative to single engine as hard as you can go racing? My question to you guys is could the 10 possible boats really out there come to some agreement, commit and show at 4-5 races and a worlds ??? I know that OPA has offered a class and a purse if 5 boats would start the race for a 5 race format,monies would be broken out however the group wanted it.SBI has also made noise but I don't have any hard fact about their offer. So to all the SVL gang if you will come together on this offer I will buy one and be ready to race this 2011 season. no boxes no cranks no flywheels no BULL**** just your best game that you can MAN-UP for !!!! I mean No disrespect to anyone just ONE frustrated racer.

HighPriority 12-05-2010 04:20 PM

WOW !!! Al is that you? I have never heard a work from you before on this board. I sure hope you guys can make this SVL thing work out, and Al I sure hope I'm your driver.:lolhit: