Sunny Isles beach >

Sunny Isles beach

Notices

Sunny Isles beach

Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Man I'm ready to F@#$%ng bust, I'm come on here time after time and read the same S*$t over and over again. I just have one question, how many people on here have actually done something to improve Powerboat Racing? I hear the same thing year after year, 1st from the racers, how much are the purses? do we get gas money? hotels? food? television? parts for our boats and even more stuff I'm too embarrassed to mention. How many here have really and I mean really courted a sponsor or sponsors? 2nd is the race sites, the municipalities want to know who's paying for the Cops, Firemen, Ambulances, Patrol, rescue and salvage boats, the environmental people, the sanitation people, insurances and there is more believe me. 3rd the incessant *****ing and moaning about the sites, there too far, I didn't like my spot in the pits, the hotel is 3 miles way, I mean WTF? I though we boat racers were tough? lol
What I'm driving at is if you live in an area that has a race site and you are a racer how about helping or offering your services, and maybe someday this sport will rise to what it should be, until then I will do what needs to be done. Thank you, Louie
Louie,I know its hard to see it this way but if you take all the complaints as constuuctive criticism,then alot of people are doing something to improve boat racing! lol.AS far as the purse,what is so wrong with asking what we are gonna win? I,m sure we all know that we are not gonna make money at this sport but it sure helps when you take any amount of money home with you.Why is it so wrong to ask when we can expect that money?I cant speak for everybody but I use that money to help me get to the next race.Courting a sponsor? As a matter of fact I have.Unfortunately they were a little dissapointed in what they recieved compaired to what I promised.I only promised them what was promised to me.fortunately enough we had a good year and were able to keep our sponsors but with much less enthusiasm.Needless to say,there will be more money coming out of my pocket this year.Television? of course were gonna ask,thats the first thing a sponsor wants to hear.This year I will certainly be more careful what I promise.Parts for my boat? Well? Why wouldnt we ask? Teague Marine was announed as a new sponsor for the series,He sells parts.Wouldnt it be safe to assume that part of that sponsorship might have something to do with parts.Optima Batteries jumped on board as a sponsor and offered free batteries. (thank you very much Optima!) I have not purchased any other brand since and hopefully you all are doing the same.
As far as getting a race put together,I dont know how you guys find the time to do what you do.And the patience to deal with all the major headaches involved.If it wasnt for people like you, Smitty,Mikey,Brad and anyone else involved in putting these events together we would have nothing.Complain about a racesite? Dont think I ever have.I have never been to a bad OPA race.Ok,Sunny Isles and Orange beach are a little far but I made the trek down for both of them and they were worth every penny.
Louie,remember Constructive Criticism.Please dont bust on us now.We are looking forward to that new race site on Long Island
Old 05-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Amen!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

So let me ask a simple question. How stupid do you think we look, when Optima calls wanting to ship batteries, and I have to say, I only have four registered teams. Here is an 80 thousand dollar deal, and you guys cant even register. Allan spent two weeks getting all your paperwork mailed to you, Ron and I spent four months putting that deal together, Total lack of respect. If you want the sport to grow, do more than expect.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

hey smitty, i am here 100%!!! Let me know if there is anything i can help with!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

I know Bud, you were the first one registered in 3 months ago. Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
So let me ask a simple question. How stupid do you think we look, when Optima calls wanting to ship batteries, and I have to say, I only have four registered teams. Here is an 80 thousand dollar deal, and you guys cant even register. Allan spent two weeks getting all your paperwork mailed to you, Ron and I spent four months putting that deal together, Total lack of respect. If you want the sport to grow, do more than expect.
And the crowd grows silent.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The crowd is supposed to be silent when the Emporer speaks.
Seriously, didn't mean to tick anyone off, just trying to make plans/arrangements for Sunny Isles. It's nice being one of the "four".

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 05-13-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
The crowd is supposed to be silent when the Emporer speaks.
Seriously, didn't mean to tick anyone off, just trying to make plans/arrangements for Sunny Isles. It's nice being one of the "four".
Thankyou Bob
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Louie and Smitty, I can tell from our teams POV, your efforts do not go unnoticed or unappreciated

Scotty B
Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll be there to support OPA and Optima. Thanks for the opportunity Smitty and Ron. " 41 Epic Performance Yachts Pace Boat"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.