Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Is the LI race still on? >

Is the LI race still on?

Notices

Is the LI race still on?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JD If you have nothing good to say you should SHUT UP ! You & I will Talk the next time I seeYou!!!!!!

Don
Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I've been a resident in the township of Islip for 45 years. If it's fun and brings people in from other areas, Islip usually isn't interested. I was surprised when it was originally announced it was going to be in Sayville ( part of Islip township ). From my understanding, when Battle on the Bay started, OPA tried for Islip, but no luck and that's why it went to the township of Brookhaven. Different knuckleheads running Islip now, but nevertheless, they're still knuckleheads. It just seems to me that in so many other states they promote fun and tourism and cool things to do, I just don't see that on LI. Sorry, I say it like I see it. Good luck Lou dealing with these people. I know you go above and beyond and it's appreciated by many of us, I guess not by the ones who have a vote though.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I've been a resident in the township of Islip for 45 years. If it's fun and brings people in from other areas, Islip usually isn't interested. I was surprised when it was originally announced it was going to be in Sayville ( part of Islip township ). From my understanding, when Battle on the Bay started, OPA tried for Islip, but no luck and that's why it went to the township of Brookhaven. Different knuckleheads running Islip now, but nevertheless, they're still knuckleheads. It just seems to me that in so many other states they promote fun and tourism and cool things to do, I just don't see that on LI. Sorry, I say it like I see it. Good luck Lou dealing with these people. I know you go above and beyond and it's appreciated by many of us, I guess not by the ones who have a vote though.
These people (Islip Town) were ecstatic when "they" asked us to bring the race there after the scheduling issue with Patchogue and we agreed. Then after months of work by GSB and the Sayville Chamber and none by them ( lotsa vacations, guess that's why it takes years to get a building permit ). The town realized they drop the ball and the same people that loved it decided not to vote it in, though we already had the event permit. Well elections are around the corner and there is a young, honest former Navy Seal Named Tom Croce that will be running for Supervisor this election. He's gonna clean house of the dead wood, guess who I'm voting for?

Thanks for the Support and kind words, I will relay them to our committee members who are at the meetings fighting for the event with me, Louie

Schedule to follow, It's on!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Racer
Racer

0kay schedule is as follows

1) Starting Wednesday boats start arriving at the Patchogue race Village on Route 27 and Route 112 (will get exact address out to all )

2) Friday Night 3:00 pm we head to main street in Sayville for the viewing and meet the racer parties, also guys bring your hero cards and or boat pics as we will have an autograph signing. festivities end 10:00 pm and back the Race Village.

3) Saturday there will be boat viewing at Race Village and or testing
on the race course starting at 10:00 am till 4pm Boats will be craned or launched at participating Patchogue marina's. ( free ).
Saturday night at Race Village we will have live music along with a Grucci Fire Works Show.

4) Sunday the Battle is on! Crane in! head to the course and kick some butt! We are expecting 2 heats but if we get a larger count we are permitted for 3. Sunday night we will have our awards party at Blue one of the top restaurants in New York!

Thanks and any questions please post them, Louie
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

louie missed it last year by on my way there this year the race great for long island and the south shore, pics from 2009 jeff

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Now That's What I'm Talking About Great Job Louie & Kevin
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great job guys thats what i call working hard to make a race happen.

Last edited by gary cook; 07-22-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Awesome job wish i could make it!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job Louie, you always put your heart into it!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Great job Louie, you always put your heart into it!
Thanks Augie, It's the life we chose, See you in Michigan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.