Port Huron Race Details- By the Race Chair >

Port Huron Race Details- By the Race Chair

Notices

Port Huron Race Details- By the Race Chair

Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Port Huron Race Details- By the Race Chair

Hi everyone! I am the Chairman for the Port Huron Races (International Offshore Powerboat Race), and I was directed to these forums by Evil Ed from Cleveland Construction.

I was reading through them, and saw a lot of confusion regarding the Port Huron Race, and would like to lend my sincerest apologies for this. We have been trying to get this event here for 10+ years, and it finally happened...however it was all approved 11 weeks before the event.

That being said, I would like to help clear up any questions that anyone may have regarding these races.

One thing I would like to say is that we are working diligently to release the Racers Packet. All approvals were given on it's content this afternoon (July 21st), so it will be posted by tomorrow evening (July 22nd, 2011). I think this will clear up a great amount of questions out there, and I will be sure to come on here as soon as it is released, and post a link to the information.

Again I would like to apologize for things not being done, and/or released in a time frame that you are all used to. We are new at this, and learning as we go, so any constructive criticism is also greatly appreciated!

You may e-mail me directly at [email protected], post on the forums, or call me at (810) 984-3420 and ask for Courtney.

I hope that everyone will come see what this race has to offer, and will come take on the challenging current through the race course.

So who is planning on attending the Port Huron Races?

Sincerely,
C. Goerlich
International Offshore Powerboat Races, 2011
Chairman
Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

p-f-e racing will be there and people should under stand that getting a new race off the ground on both sides of the border is a pain in the rear at best good luck see you there.
Thanks gary p-f-e racing 619
p.s having to deal with evil old man ed smith you should get an award for that

Just some fun jabing at ed we go back a little ways in fact i think im the only one he has ever raced with and not went over and went for a swim.

Last edited by gary cook; 07-22-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me just say that without the help of Ed, we would not even have boats! We know about boats for leisure, not racing. Way less protocol. Enough said!

Thank you for being understanding, and patient with us this year, and we look forward to seeing you in Port Huron!

Again the packet will be posted tomorrow afternoon, and if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Courtney
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

We will be there! Thank you!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Courtney!

I will be there as a race fan from Canada and will be at both sides of the St. Clair River during race weekend.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Are passports needed for the event?