Class 6 question........ >

Class 6 question........

Notices

Class 6 question........

Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Maybe they think by leaving the canopy doors open it gives the boat more lift??

The video was fully funded by our sponsors and they wanted the message and logo on the inside of the doors to be seen. We do not actually run it like that very much. We do ALOT of appearances off the water. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, hence the theme. It might be a pretty low budget "team", but we do a pretty good job in getting the word out about the importance Early Detection while having a little bit of fun.

We are located about 3 hours west of Chicago.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I just couldn't skip over the "I hate batboats" thing without saying something!
I said I hate bats.......
Old 11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are here at LOTO with a Marina, and Race Experience. If you need help with things let me know. Jim and I ran a bat boat for about a lap in Chattanooga, it was neat but of course this one did not run very well. Then i think it was sent to Jim's shop to be tuned properly.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sbracing
My mistake. I stand corrected.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by sbracing

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP-NglUeZU[/YOUTUBE]
Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
We are here at LOTO with a Marina, and Race Experience. If you need help with things let me know. Jim and I ran a bat boat for about a lap in Chattanooga, it was neat but of course this one did not run very well. Then i think it was sent to Jim's shop to be tuned properly.
What marina do you have? Our place is just past the GG Bridge. The motor was pulled last week (fuel injected 383) to be freshened, dyno'ed and tuned. We also pulled the dash as we are adding a complete compliment of new Livosri gauges with custom faces, and all new wiring from bow to stern (10 years around salt). Lastly, we will be installing a Bravo 3 lower and attempt to tune some props for it. The B1 might be faster, but with less than 5 feet wide at the water line, the prop torque kind of sucks, and the manners around the docks is even worse. I'd switch to a DPX, but just don't have the $$$ to do so. As long as we can hit 75 mph and handle well, I will be happy. Hpefully we can get there with the B3. Hopefully the weather will allow us to be on LOTO in February to try it all out!

Sorry about the thread hijack. I had never even considered racing this boat until I spent some time on Lake Meade with Chris Reindl a month ago or so. Since then, I have been lurking in all of the OPA threads to learn more about it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
What marina do you have? Our place is just past the GG Bridge. The motor was pulled last week (fuel injected 383) to be freshened, dyno'ed and tuned. We also pulled the dash as we are adding a complete compliment of new Livosri gauges with custom faces, and all new wiring from bow to stern (10 years around salt). Lastly, we will be installing a Bravo 3 lower and attempt to tune some props for it. The B1 might be faster, but with less than 5 feet wide at the water line, the prop torque kind of sucks, and the manners around the docks is even worse. I'd switch to a DPX, but just don't have the $$$ to do so. As long as we can hit 75 mph and handle well, I will be happy. Hpefully we can get there with the B3. Hopefully the weather will allow us to be on LOTO in February to try it all out!

Sorry about the thread hijack. I had never even considered racing this boat until I spent some time on Lake Meade with Chris Reindl a month ago or so. Since then, I have been lurking in all of the OPA threads to learn more about it.

Don't hesitate to post any questions. Most of the class 6 teams are on this forum, so ask away. Bilgerat knows what he is doing. He has an impressive resume with Simmons Racing.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Johnny if I EVER see Pete and Rich come out in those outfits I will be no F'n good!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bravo 3 lower sounds like a great Idea ( i think i had that idea once as well ) anyhow Mercury makes some XR props for the 3 now with a 4 blade in front and a 3 blade out back pretty cool stuff.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Bravo 3 lower sounds like a great Idea ( i think i had that idea once as well ) anyhow Mercury makes some XR props for the 3 now with a 4 blade in front and a 3 blade out back pretty cool stuff.
I sent you a PM, but I will for sure contact you when we bring it to the lake for testing in probably February. I need a guy in the drivers seat that knows what he is doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.