Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question >

To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question

Notices

To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question

Old 12-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don' knwo what i will have I don't have much rigt now just a pile of parts and the engine will be the most difficult to get together, The boat is a Mach 1 ( ok done laughing ) just a straight vee, the base for the motor unless something else comes along is a actually a tall deck block, fairly large bore, Dont remember, but beyond that and induction I am short on internals. Been working a line on an old HP500 that I would just freshen if I get it. Gonna be a lot of work from now till then. And it is tuff for me as my shop is a half hour from home and I have 4 kids, basketball, etc. You know.
Gary, One question I would ask is, Whom that currenly runs in class 6 do you think you would NOT be able to beat, at all, no chance to beat...If you had only 500 HP?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Racer
Racer

Gary, can beat anybody! lol I feel a properly propped and set up boat with 500hp can run with the best of them. I ran class 6 in Patchogue with a lady driving her boat had about 650 hp was a bit long at 29' and the whole pack was glued together on the take off. Come turn 1 and there was the separation. Pop your 500 hp in and give it your best, truth is the big hp boats sometimes push each other and they breakout or break period! Got to be in it to win it! Louie

PS I stole that slogan from lotto
Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Gary, One question I would ask is, Whom that currenly runs in class 6 do you think you would NOT be able to beat, at all, no chance to beat...If you had only 500 HP?
Wow, one post with Louie being polite. Guess you guys must be busy.
What 29' did Louie get to run in class 6. I know he helps make the rules, but it is a 26' limit right on being measured from tip to the vee at transom ? Oddly enough the boat I am working on is called a 29' but after cutting down the deck ( removed only about 4" of linear length ) I think it measures 25'9" without the platform.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bilgerat i assume you mean i have 500 hp and everybody has whatever?
If thats it well its possible to win but would be real hard because 45 to 70 time would be much slower so who knows.
To answer your question if they breakout or breakdown they are beatable
Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbracing
I nominate Smith as Throttleman of the year.....

You gave that award to me in Port Huron when I had (Zero) 0 BREAK OUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU ALL CHEATED AND WENT TO FAST .....LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

I am not sure of the whole potential of say the green Wazzup boat with whatever engine is in it now, But if the Velocity only had 500 HP would you not think you had a chance against the Wazzup boat the way it sits ?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
You gave that award to me in Port Huron when I had (Zero) 0 BREAK OUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU ALL CHEATED AND WENT TO FAST .....LOL
No, Tyler, we gave you throttleman of the race!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
I am not sure of the whole potential of say the green Wazzup boat with whatever engine is in it now, But if the Velocity only had 500 HP would you not think you had a chance against the Wazzup boat the way it sits ?
It would be very difficult if not impossible...

I'm in favor of a 600hp class limit with pump gas.

Anyone can build a 600hp pretty cheap but problem is with lower HP people will be looking for stronger acceleration times so they would bump up the compression for race gas.

This would just move the cost of racing from the engine to the fuel , instead of spending an extra 3k over the winter building a big HP motor you will be forced to spend 250/350$ per race on race gas...

So if your going with low HP Its best to add a "no race gas" clause.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

1. 600hp
2. Pump Gas (93 octane max)
3. Naturally aspirated ( no blowers, turbos, or nitrous )
4. ----- RPM limit ??
5. 26' limit Measured bow tip to bottom center of Transom, where drive or extension box is bolted on. ( not the shorter length if a boat has a "Notched" transom. )
Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

All boats that cannot produce 500 HP will be turned into patrol boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.