Notices

Class 6 Team Major Sponsor????

Old 12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Class 6 Team Major Sponsor????

Just a question for everyone.

Do you think its possible for a Class 6 team to land a Major Sponsor or do you think only the larger faster boats have the sponsorship advantage???

Major sponsor being a company like Amsoil for instance. (Strictly as an example!!!)

I guess a high profile company is what Im trying to get at.

I mean Class 6 is more entry level or for the guys that doesnt have a wad of $ to spend. Do you think its frivalous to even try to get a Major Sponsor for say $10,000, $15,000 or more??

It isnt like we do this as a job in class 6 like other teams. I mean we all race in the same water, we all pit in the same pit, we all drive on the Interstates to get there, we're all at the same parties and gatherings, most of us have team web sites, etc..the only difference is our boat is smaller. We have the same passion and want to win!!

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 12-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Its like buying the hottest girl at the bar a drink, its worth a shot! Whats the worst that can happen?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Its like buying the hottest girl at the bar a drink, its worth a shot! Whats the worst that can happen?
Spoken from experience??!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
Spoken from experience??!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
The word "No" never hurt anyone, just gotta move to the next (sponsor i mean...) and keep on truckin. Throw **** at the wall, somethings gotta stick. And be nice, int he words of Brett Scott- "Its easier to catch flys with honey than with sh!t"
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Remember, back in 2003, 2004 and 2005 Nestle' Ouik sponsored The Jersey Boyz P4-13 Boat. AMF came aboard in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Anything is possible. You gotta STAND OUT! Alice Cooper had his Snake, Keith Richards had (Besides his a$$ Kicking Riffs) his drugs, The Greatful Dead had Jerry Garcia and The Godfather had The Jersey Boyz, OPA, My Guns and My Bats. Find something that is COLORFUL, use it, own it and make it yours and make people want to take photos of you and your boat. Hope it helps Bro.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Are you even old enough to buy a drink
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hmmmmmm........
Old 12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep telling Gary we need to figure out a way to use the girls he has working in back..
Attached Thumbnails Class 6 Team Major Sponsor????-tool_2.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Dare to be different! Come up with an idea that nobody can be against and go for it. I had two hospitals that wanted to be my major sponsor and then without really looking, I ended up with an electrical distributor, a nutritional suppliment company, a website, a local bar/grill, and a home center. Much of the mechanical work was completed on a sponsorship basis, as was the graphics on the boat and the Suburban (1997 and 230,000 miles). We also purchased "for real" race jersies. EVERYBODY looks at us as we roll down the road, or are out on the lake. we always carry promotional items to give to people, or to throw out to other boaters in party coves. I think that we went through 20,000 hot pink mardis gras beads this past year, along with about 8,000 autograph cards that has boat information on the front, and information about the importance of EarlyDetection. Every single sponsor was committed before the boat was even completed. It was all done from a artists rendering and a good story that showed a definite ROI. In fact, this was all completed before I had even ridden in a boat like this (yes, I bought a boat without ever seeing one in person, let alone ride in one). Put on your thinking cap, come up with an idea, and then put on your salesman cap. Just remeber that you need to show a perspective sponsor that the value that you can give them is greater than the cost that you charge. By the way, my son and I have never raced a lap in our lives (although I do want the boat to race this coming year).

I have posted it before, but here is a video that our sponsors funded towards the end of last year. They hired a regular production company from 5 hours away, along with a helicopter to come out to 2 different lakes to shoot it. It was played as we pulled the boat out onto the ice of a hockey game as we threw pink beads, T-shirts, hats, coozies, etc, up into the crowd. For us, it is more about promotion than it is racing. It is all smoke and mirrors! That said, we hope to race the boat this year in order to make it a "real" raceboat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRz0lXOMn8

Good luck with your hunt.

Last edited by 36Tango; 12-22-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Dare to be different! Come up with an idea that nobody can be against and go for it. I had two hospitals that wanted to be my major sponsor and then without really looking, I ended up with an electrical distributor, a nutritional suppliment company, a website, a local bar/grill, and a home center. Much of the mechanical work was completed on a sponsorship basis, as was the graphics on the boat and the Suburban (1997 and 230,000 miles). We also purchased "for real" race jersies. EVERYBODY looks at us as we roll down the road, or are out on the lake. we always carry promotional items to give to people, or to throw out to other boaters in party coves. I think that we went through 20,000 hot pink mardis gras beads this past year, along with about 8,000 autograph cards that has boat information on the front, and information about the importance of EarlyDetection. Every single sponsor was committed before the boat was even completed. It was all done from a artists rendering and a good story that showed a definite ROI. In fact, this was all completed before I had even ridden in a boat like this (yes, I bought a boat without ever seeing one in person, let alone ride in one). Put on your thinking cap, come up with an idea, and then put on your salesman cap. Just remeber that you need to show a perspective sponsor that the value that you can give them is greater than the cost that you charge. By the way, my son and I have never raced a lap in our lives (although I do want the boat to race this coming year).

I have posted it before, but here is a video that our sponsors funded towards the end of last year. They hired a regular production company from 5 hours away, along with a helicopter to come out to 2 different lakes to shoot it. It was played as we pulled the boat out onto the ice of a hockey game as we threw pink beads, T-shirts, hats, coozies, etc, up into the crowd. For us, it is more about promotion than it is racing. It is all smoke and mirrors! That said, we hope to race the boat this year in order to make it a "real" raceboat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRz0lXOMn8

Good luck with your hunt.
Are the pink beads to let the ladies know you can do visual mammograms!!!!!!

J/K ......very noteworthy cause & cool bat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.