A "New" Miss Geico to debut in 2014

Notices

A "New" Miss Geico to debut in 2014

Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave
I would not expect you to understand what is going on with this project.It is a boat that has been designed not copied. I know this is hard for you to do, but think outside of the U.S.A. boat building techniques.
I suggest you stick to designing/building skiffs that performed so well.
Very Impressive!

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 03-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

outside the US ? i don't understand that? tencara, nicolini and others use the same processes.

why would you build a plug "right side up" and with the deck on it ? its extremely difficult to blueprint the bottom.

sharkey your double talking here, first you didn't really even look at it, then you walked all over it. you stated it might be fiberglass or now its MDF ??? then it might have CNC milling done, maybe not?

the story just doesn't make sense, whether you told it here or overseas!!! you don't mill plywood or MDF plugs. sorry for pointing out the facts or accusations as you put it
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
outside the US ? i don't understand that? tencara, nicolini and others use the same processes.

why would you build a plug "right side up" and with the deck on it ? its extremely difficult to blueprint the bottom.

sharkey your double talking here, first you didn't really even look at it, then you walked all over it. you stated it might be fiberglass or now its MDF ??? then it might have CNC milling done, maybe not?

the story just doesn't make sense, whether you told it here or overseas!!! you don't mill plywood or MDF plugs. sorry for pointing out the facts or accusations as you put it
Yes, I walked all over it and no, I was too into photographing it to take the time to actually look at it.

Now depending on where you are looking on the plug , there is obviously different materials. Topside and sides appear to be MDF. the black area along the chine is something else (not a hull). Being as I do not know the exact answer to what that material is, I will stop trying to describe it to you or speculate on it.

I will not waste my time going back and forth with you on it. I tried my best to give you a description but that wasn't acceptable .

MGR has already told you it is MDF and it was CNC'd

I am not sure why you are making such a big deal about this. Did you ever think that perhaps they are finished with the bottom already ? Now they have the sides and the deck to work on.

From the way you are posting, you make it sound like you would build a deck plug upside down... ? Now that just doesn't make any sense .... !

I see you avoided my question.

Have you ever seen a multi part mold before ?

Did you notice Skater does not have any deck molds for the larger cats ? Should Peter have the hulls upside down while he builds the decks ???

MGR,
Now I can't wait to be able to post the rest of the images.

It most likely will be the only way to convince SD that this is its own design....

CNC MDF : http://allrout.com/
Attached Thumbnails A "New" Miss Geico to debut in 2014-cnc-mdf.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Racer
Racer

Have you ever seen a multi part mold before ?
Is this what you don't understand?

Look, genius. Sharkey is double talking because you are not listening. He is also trying to give information without giving to much. If the bottom mold is finished, why would you lay on your back to sand the top plug. Why would you not make sure every seem and body line are perfect. This isn't some scabbed together splash of a boat that is already out there. And why would you cnc foam, cover it in bondo, and then sand it instead of using a hard surface to begin with. Bottom line is we know whats under the cover and so will everyone else real soon. Come on over and have a look yourself. I think you've been here before.