smith point race info

Notices

smith point race info

Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Sucks to hear it Lou
A huge thanks to you, Kevin, Don and the whole crew for your efforts!
Jason and Johnny
Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks that all the hard work all the OPA people did is shot down. Remember though, this is Long Island. If it's fun, than it probably wont get approved, if it's profitable, than it probably won't get approved, if it's fun and profitable than it definitely won't get approved. Our elected officials are a bunch of wankers. I'm not actually sure what thier interests really are, it definitely isn't what they say they are. I guess it's all ego. Anybody that would spend millions of dollars on a campaign to get a job where they earn between 70 and 120 thousand dollars a year isn't right upstairs in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, L I isn't all terrible. My wife and I make a pretty good living and have very nice lives here, but with that said, we get the hell out of here whenever possible. We take 3 or 4 nice vacations a year, and every place we go is better than here. It's very hard for our economy to get any better here when the elected wankers chase everybody away and do nothing to bring other people here. I know this is a bunch of venting, but it's frustrating. I couldn't even imagine how frustrating it must be for Lou and the crew. I appreciate and respect all of the effort they put in and I'm sorry that all there hard work was shot down.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

You didn't see my other post.
It has nothing to do with fun or profits. Long island has alot of racing.
Fire truck races in central islip, car and bike races in riverhead. The don aronow boat race around long island. Marathon and bicycle races.
Bad mouthing the guy on the internet won't help or solve anything either.
He is a public employee and he or a rep from his office has to be brought before a judge to explain why the race is a threat to the public health and safety. This is not a hard thing to do and i was willing to help with time and money.
Lou worked hard and its a shame for him to have to put up with this nonsense from this one individual.
Jeff jacobs-country service auto transport-long islands #1 auto hauler since 1992
Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jjake0623
You didn't see my other post.
It has nothing to do with fun or profits. Long island has alot of racing.
Fire truck races in central islip, car and bike races in riverhead. The don aronow boat race around long island. Marathon and bicycle races.
Bad mouthing the guy on the internet won't help or solve anything either.
He is a public employee and he or a rep from his office has to be brought before a judge to explain why the race is a threat to the public health and safety. This is not a hard thing to do and i was willing to help with time and money.
Lou worked hard and its a shame for him to have to put up with this nonsense from this one individual.
Jeff jacobs-country service auto transport-long islands #1 auto hauler since 1992
I guess you were responding to my post. I did say I was venting, but with that said, everything I said was accurrate. The Don Aronow race ? Really ? I know their is a little "un-official" run around L I. The real one was stopped 40-50 years ago. As far as car racing, what a joke. We had 3 tracks, they forced 2 of them out of business. No offense and I don't really want to get away from what this thread is intended for, but I stand by what I originally said.
I'm still not really sure if you were responding to my earlier post, so if you weren't, sorry. - but if you were, I hope you get what I'm talking about.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear of your hard work down the tube.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this Louie!! All the effort of you and your crew is not taken lightly! THANKS!!!!! We'll just have to show them somewhere else what their gonna miss!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Damn Louie I know how hard you have worked at this. Hats off to you my friend for always giving it your best!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sure is getting difficult to live here on this sandbar. Thanks for the hard work Louie.