rule changes and meeting 2013 >

rule changes and meeting 2013

Notices

rule changes and meeting 2013

Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
I like the autograph thing but think figuring out how to get sponsers more involved and giving them more credit is paramount. Most people attending our races just see Amsoil and Geico on 2 boats? Seems to me they would love more exposure and maybe light a fire under other sponsers when they realize BANG FOR BUCK?
The marketing term for bang for the buck is Return on Investment. The marketing people want to see what they are getting for their investment. Autograph sessions and other activities in the pits are key to getting sponsors exposed to our fans. Just putting a name on the side of a boat is not enough. From my experience in the Grand Am Rolex and Continental Tire Series', I can tell you that if we as a series want to make it attractive to sponsors, we need to step up our professionalism, from uniforms to what our pit area looks like. No disrespect to our current state of affairs, but to get more serious sponsorship, we as competitors have to take it up a notch.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sbracing
The marketing term for bang for the buck is Return on Investment. The marketing people want to see what they are getting for their investment. Autograph sessions and other activities in the pits are key to getting sponsors exposed to our fans. Just putting a name on the side of a boat is not enough. From my experience in the Grand Am Rolex and Continental Tire Series', I can tell you that if we as a series want to make it attractive to sponsors, we need to step up our professionalism, from uniforms to what our pit area looks like. No disrespect to our current state of affairs, but to get more serious sponsorship, we as competitors have to take it up a notch.
We agree with the arguments here from all sides. The biggest I think is we all sit here and say we need to do this for a sponsor we need to do that, the BIGGEST thing we need to do first is fix our rules so our racers are all on board and our organization run efficient! We need to fix it from the inside out not the outside in. Do you not think scouts or the owners themselves might come on OSO, Serious and other avenues to see how we as an organization act?! Hell, 3 of my sponsors come on here and read up on us just to see how we're doing, you don't think he then goes back and wonders just how dis functional of an organization we all might be?! It happens people, we as racers need to step up OUR game like stated and start to show a professional side rather than just a bunch of back yard racers who just want to have a good time. Yes us included! Its just like football or any other sports, WE ARE REPRESENTING OPA AND OURSELVES! Just like they represent the NFL and there sponsors like Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc....Sometimes you hear people say we are the Nascar on water, guess what? We aren't! Right now we are a semi disfuntional bunch of racers who get together and have a good time when we're together then when we get home all we do is b!tch about how it went. Just my opinion boys, just like I've read yours. So what are we going to do? Are we going to fix it from the inside out for the better of the sport or we going to make things fit our personal agenda and keep complaining? I'm ready for a change for the better of the sport! It can only help us later.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by sbracing
Maybe there shoud be prefered parking for your team and rig if you have real sponsors. Most of us want a parking spot with some exposure along with our class. Just a thought maybe the race site has priemium spots for the teams that represent us best. I know some will complain on who determines "sponsored teams" but in the end we all know who those quality teams are that proffesionly make the rest of us look good. I know I will need to park in the dirt behind the building but I wont be alone. LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Maybe there shoud be prefered parking for your team and rig if you have real sponsors. Most of us want a parking spot with some exposure along with our class. Just a thought maybe the race site has priemium spots for the teams that represent us best. I know some will complain on who determines "sponsored teams" but in the end we all know who those quality teams are that proffesionly make the rest of us look good. I know I will need to park in the dirt behind the building but I wont be alone. LOL
Save us a spot Randy please.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pit placement is key, however no team should have to be out on the back 90 so to speak(not even Randy lol). When I was fortunate enough to be able to bring the hydro display I did everything in my power to be on the opposite end of the pits from the Geico team and have everyone in the middle as EVERYONE wants to see the Geico setup and the hydro was exotic and got a few visits. That way all the teams got exposure going between the 2. If the placement is right then everyone will get the proper exposure.

My setup is far from elaborate, but there is less than 1000 invested into it and more importantly fits in the back of my truck under the tonneau. It doesnt take much, to put on a show. Nice post Mike, hopefully everyone takes notes..
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy1
Something simple but at the same time important.Legal numbers on all race boats per specific class rules. All bracket class boats should be triple digit numbers.All spec class boats should be two digit numbers.
XTREME numbers 0-99
SUPER CAT numbers 0-99
SUPER CAT LIGHT numbers 0-99
SUPER VEE LIGHT numbers 0-99
CLASS 1 numbers 100-199
CLASS 2 numbers 200-299
CLASS 3 numbers 300-399
CLASS 4 numbers 400-499
CLASS 5 numbers 500-599
CLASS 6 numbers 600-699
There is already a distinction in the class (example 3-79) which is the 300 class. I don't see a need for a change as this would mean teams would have the expense to redo uniforms, boat #, hero cars, trailer and support vehicles numbers, etc, some teams have built a name around there #, and some teams maybe superstitious about changing there #, I think this could cause some teams some unnecessary expenses,
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered

Nice ideas here, I also think the pits need to be a bit more organized. I would really like to see all the classes set up in the same area, all right next to each other. i feel like this would give the fans a better understanding of who is in what class and the type of boats that race in each class. I know everyone doesnt get to the race at the same time due to numerous conditions but i feel like a pit layout with each teams spot labeled would be great. This does require everyone to let OPA know they are coming in advance. Just my opinion...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Pit placement is key, however no team should have to be out on the back 90 so to speak(not even Randy lol). When I was fortunate enough to be able to bring the hydro display I did everything in my power to be on the opposite end of the pits from the Geico team and have everyone in the middle as EVERYONE wants to see the Geico setup and the hydro was exotic and got a few visits. That way all the teams got exposure going between the 2. If the placement is right then everyone will get the proper exposure.

My setup is far from elaborate, but there is less than 1000 invested into it and more importantly fits in the back of my truck under the tonneau. It doesnt take much, to put on a show. Nice post Mike, hopefully everyone takes notes..
I have to agree with that, we never had much anything for a pit display, never got much attention. Bought a 100 dollar tent and a few posters, now our pit is busy. Didnt take much
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

I know im one of the biggest culprits of this, but I think the whole world wide web being able to see the racers argue over rules really hurts our professionalism view. You cant go on a Nascar board and see Jeff and Clint argue.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zipp Express
There is already a distinction in the class (example 3-79) which is the 300 class. I don't see a need for a change as this would mean teams would have the expense to redo uniforms, boat #, hero cars, trailer and support vehicles numbers, etc, some teams have built a name around there #, and some teams maybe superstitious about changing there #, I think this could cause some teams some unnecessary expenses,
Waterboy may be referencing the 2 spec boats out there with 3 digit #s. And also there was one season where boats in Class 4 ran under #23, #311 & #400.

From my observations, the fans are becoming more educated and are starting the learn the different classes that are out on the course. This alone is a + for the sport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.