Absoutely Not Welcome >

Absoutely Not Welcome

Notices

Absoutely Not Welcome

Old 03-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absoutely Not Welcome

I have learned about a SVL owner’s conference call and vote. The funny thing about it is that myself and two other teams were not invited. I was told that there were three votes. First on the Bad Boy Boat it was approved. Second was to require Mercury seals. The only boat that was affected was mine. The third vote was about the elimination of the Vortex engine. The only boats that were affected were the other two teams not invited on the conference call.
How could there be a meeting without all the teams being notified. The fact that Randy told me to call him on a public forum does not constitute a notification that there will be a meeting. The three teams that were not included on the conference call not only raced in 2012 but are already registered for 2013. One of them is the World Champion. How many of the teams that voted in this secret meeting are registered for the 2013 season? The exiled team’s owners are not that hard to find (if somebody wanted to find them).
Since I was not invited to this super secret meeting I did not get to hear why the Vortex engine was to be outlawed. So I am forced to come up with some of my own ideas. One being that the veterans of the class know that Miklos and Kildahl are some of the best racers out there and it would be easier to convince the newer owners to outlaw the Vortex rather to face Miklos and Kildhl on the course. A sealed Vortex from Innovation and a sealed 525 from Mercury have been very competitive for years and never been a problem until now. I think that the veterans don't trust the Innovation seal and think anybody using a Vortex is cheating. Why would an Innovation seal be any different that a seal from Mercury?
Whatever happened to the idea of a prop shaft dyno? My friend races Super Bikes and the first three guys off the course go to the dyno. I thought that if there were enough teams signed up by the registration deadline that a prop shaft dyno would be purchased (I don't know that for sure, I wasn't invited to the SVL's fraternity meeting). Why are the veterans trying to hide behind seals instead of a prop shaft dyno?
There was no attempt whatsoever to contact the three team owners. In my opinion the three registered teams were not invited on purpose. How could such a Honorable group of racers place their vote knowing that they picked who was going to be at the meeting and who was not going to be at the meeting depending on which way they vote. The only teams not invited to the meeting were the only teams directly affected by the vote. A new meeting should be held with all the registered teams. At that meeting only teams that were registered by the deadline should have a vote.

Cheating is cheating on or off the course!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by extras
You sound like a freshman at a pep rally.
You sound like the Freshman not invited to the pep rally.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Mark, OPA's season starts at the first race at registration. They would like to have you pay your registration earlier.So the 2013 season has not yet started. My guess is your think of SBI where they make you pay at the last race of the season(the worlds) and then you all good for the following year. The teams that were on the conference call were teams that have raced consistently or just bought a boat that showed interest in racing with OPA and liked the direction of the sealed motor program.
The teams you speak for (Micklos and Kildals) were both at the OPA worlds and were invited and welcomed by the other OPA racers. At that time it was thought that all the boats would be equal with the way the rules were set at OPA and it was the first time that a SBI spec motor was put up against sealed 525 Merc. motors at a OPA event. It became clear to most that there was to big a difference in the two packages. We will never know if it was just there talent in the two vortec boats or the extra HP. There was no foul play on there behalf and Kildal's did an outstanding job and won the Championship. Congrats Steve and son!!!!!
As I recall several month's ago you posted you were done and your boat was for sale. Do you plan on racing again? There is no conspiracy,there is no secrate society,there is no cheating,and there is no problems with the other 9 teams that like where the class is going.Having conference calls with SBI teams that have expressed there dis like to what the OPA teams believe in really doesnt make much sence. IMO there has been enough said on here to understand that SBI/SVL is going in a different direction than OPA/SVL. The good news is teams have a choice

Smitty can explain the dyno issue from last year to you if you want to call him. Kildal has been talking to Simmons and the last I heard Micklos was selling his boat. As I have said before the class would like to have you race with us if you want.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

There is no secret society? Why were we not on the fu€king call? If someone goes out and buys a boat they get on the call but the three of us are not on it? Please explain why the three boats were not on the call! Or just shut the fu€k up!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy,

As I stated in a post prior, you nailed it on the head.. You stated something to the affect, If you dont like what we're doing in OPA SVL then you can go elsewhere. The problem is you keep posting false information most on the borderline of blatant lies. In 2012 I had an obvious interest in the class and had a conversation with Mr. Simmons directly and he stated that,"We have rules, and you have to follow them"(Solomons 2012 awards) Absolutely Not observed the weight stipulation during the 2012 season and due to a miscalculation(on our part) in Solomons, came in underweight. Upon the realization of this and before the week long review was completed a formal email was sent to the OPA offices volunteering our disqualification due to our infraction. Did you or Pirate disqualify yourselves when you decided to go behind the Start/Finish boat?(Even the television announcers caught it...http://www.oparacing.org/2012_solomons_tv.html) Absolutely Not came in the front door realizing it was not their ballpark and did everything in their power to follow the rules that were in place even with the constant harassment of the OPA inspector by the "Secret 4". Please refer to Page 26 of the official OPA rule book and I provide the following:

All SVL teams will pay OPA a onetime registration fee of $1500. This fee must be paid before March
15th. OPA will require at least five SVL teams to register in and commit to a minimum of five races
during the 2013 racing season. If the teams comply OPA will invest in a propshaft dyno to be used at all
OPA events. Entrance fees for all events will be waived, as is the case with all OPA Classes.

Facts:
1)At registration at the Jupiter Worlds the head registration official offered at least 3 teams(that I am aware of): Zipp Express, Boatfloater.com, and Sunprint with payment in full of these monies that their registration would carry over and cover them for the 2013 season
2)On March 13, 2013 I personally submitted full registration paperwork on behalf of Absolutely Not along with a cc card# to OPA registration to comply with the official OPA rule book (remember Mr Simmons said, "We have rules and you have to follow them")
3)This leaves 3 currently paid in full teams registered in the 2013 OPA SVL class: Absolutely Not, Boatfloater.com, and Sunprint

Why dont you call Smitty and explain to him why you are trying to turn away teams and more importantly 3 teams that know how to follow the very same rules that you shoved down Smitty's throat? While you have him on the phone, please convince him to refund the monies spent by the 3 teams that followed your rules since 5 teams did not register and commit to 5 races as the official OPA rulebook states. Obviously a prop shaft dyno will not be acquired and if it is, it will only out of the kindness of OPA's heart.

To answer Mr Simmons statement on rules, yes we understand that you have rules, we ARE following them, when will the "Secret 4" ???
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered

I suggest you two both call Smitty and leave the rest of us out of your issues. You ask me questions, I give you what I know ( which you dont agree with) and then you tear me up. Please stop asking me if you already have the answers. You are both right about everything and I agree with what ever you say,think or write.
Randy
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Registered

Randy just tell us why ALL the registered teams were not on the call. It is because you and Simmons did not want us there. You want this to be your very own club that you make the rules. The people who knew we were not invited are Cheaters and did not want us there for their own gain. You have proven this class CAN NOT police themselves. Honorable racers would have wanted ALL the teams to have a vote. You guys only want to give out votes to whoever you want to. It's not your choice who is in this class. This is not your class it is our class!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Registered

You wouldnt like or believe my answer so im going to take the high road and not have this public bickering. Smitty please call these guy's. Our class has exploded with new boats and we would like to keep the growth going.
MD
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good God. Why do racers make the rules for their own class and not follow them? Write the rules down making them as inclusive as possible and then enforce them to the letter. Simple.

All most forgot: IMCO is for sale

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 03-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Randy give it a shot. Give us your best Explanation why three registered teams were not on the call but teams that just bought a boat could be on the call? Lets hear it. This would not be on the public forums if you Self proclaimed honorable boat racers actually had any honor. What you did undermines the integrity Of not only SVL but all boat racing in general. All these new boats have to see that their are cheaters in this class and we all need to know who. Which person or persons took it upon themselves to leave us out on Purpose that's the real cheater or cheaters. I have heard of a lot of scum bag moves in boat racing but this on takes the cake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.