Notices

Racing headsets

Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing headsets

In need of an intercom system for the race boat. was wondering if you guys may have old stuff or point me in a direction to go.

What are you guys using? What sucks? Whats good?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ntrsspray
In need of an intercom system for the race boat. was wondering if you guys may have old stuff or point me in a direction to go.

What are you guys using? What sucks? Whats good?
http://www.racingcommunications.com/...ems/index.html

http://store.tigerperformance.com/ma...m-systems.aspx

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.ph...ndex&cPath=258
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

We use racing communication. Most are not interchangable. Plan on doing the whole system with one manufacture.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.pciraceradios.com/ ask for Mark Lowman

He knows exactly what is needed for an open race boat and will make it to your specs. ie Val had a Tiger rigged helmet and Mark made a pig tail to make his helmet interchangeable to work with my system. Charged me like 5 bucks instead of having to rewire the helmet for over a 100. He(PCI) is all about saving the racer money.

All of the above have great reputations as well and have looked into them over the years, just always went back to Mark for his service and pricing
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
We use racing communication. Most are not interchangable. Plan on doing the whole system with one manufacture.
We have used Racing Communication for years never had a problem. Any time we added stuff they got it right the first time.

Randy give me a call I would love to talk
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Registered

This is 2013. so it's about time to lose the wires! Midland BT Next Bluetooth Intercom. Up to 7 units can connect, crystal clear. Easy helmet installation, easy pairing, $449.00 set of 2. They connect to each other so phone in the boat is not required. Phone can be paired also to accept phone calls.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Racing Communications, Craig, Ryan and crew do a great job. Also they actually come to some races to take care of you......
Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats
This is 2013. so it's about time to lose the wires! Midland BT Next Bluetooth Intercom. Up to 7 units can connect, crystal clear. Easy helmet installation, easy pairing, $449.00 set of 2. They connect to each other so phone in the boat is not required. Phone can be paired also to accept phone calls.
Wouldn't you still need to wire it to the VHF?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

If you use ptt, yes. I use the vhf mike and a third bt unit mounted next to the vhf. It is one inch square and 3/8 wide. Has a pigtail that plugs into vhf external speaker jack. I set that bt as prioity. Any traffic on the vhf is set to overide voice to voice. If I need to make a vhf call I use the mic. These syste.s are pretty trick. With a rear facing wifi go pro paired to my phone I can stream the footage real time to any cell phone on shore via tango. Person watching on shore can call the boat and let us know whats going on behind us.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Where can you get the bt intercoms?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.