Freeport, NY Great Race On The Sea Meeting >

Freeport, NY Great Race On The Sea Meeting

Notices

Freeport, NY Great Race On The Sea Meeting

Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Freeport, NY Great Race On The Sea Meeting

There will be a meeting about the Freeport, NY Great Race On The Sea next Wednesday February 26th @7PM.The meeting will take place at Rachel's, 281 Woodcleft Avenue, Freeport, NY 11520.Representatives from OPA and The Great South Bay Racing Association will be on hand to discuss plans for this exciting event which is scheduled August 22nd through the 24th.Anyone interested in getting involved with this event is encouraged to attend. It is exciting to see offshore powerboat racing returning to Freeport, NY; which has an illustrious history in the sport.

www.rachelswatersidegrill.com

Last edited by waterboy1; 02-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Thanks Mark and congratulations on a well deserved award!! , With two feet of snow on the ground the locals are thinking we are nuts talking about a boat race in August! lol. Well I guess there are more of us nuts then we thought, the attending number is almost at 20 and still growing. The focus for the meeting is to add some local class 7 teams to the OPA series, to get local marinas and businesses involved early, to discuss last years event and make necessary adjustments and to start qualifying Rescue and Patrol boats. Anyone interested in helping during the event or attending the meeting please pm me or call me at 516-702-2601 . Thank you, Louie
Old 02-20-2014, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seen the menu for The Resturant, "Stuffed Lobsters", called Val, Guilio, Smitty, Anthony and I...We're IN!!!!!!! Hope it don't SNOW but FUC$ IT, VAL has a BRAND NEW GMC
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did the meeting go guys?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The meeting turned out well. Approximately 20 people showed up. I think Lou made some good contacts to help with the race.
Joe Reilly raced a class 7 boat last year and works locally for public works/parks dept. It appears he has some great contacts and local knowledge helping with logistics.
Another volunteer who showed up ( I apologize-forgot his name) has a boat and offered to help recruit patrol/safety boats.
Several people showed up who are interested in racing class 7. Mark H. gave a briefing of the rules, explained inspections, swim tests and safety requirments. It appears that at least 2 new class 7 boats will be coming from Long Island.
Over all, it seemed like a productive meeting. Another meeting for the future was discussed-possibly for the spring. The Restaurant who hosted the meeting, "Rachel's", is very excited about the race.
This information is just off the top of my head. If anyone wants to add anything that I missed, please feel free to post!
Thanks Lou for spearheading this race again!!!
Bob G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 02-28-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Racer
Racer

Its on!! next meeting is April 15th 7:00 pm at Rachels in Freeport for racers , patrol boats and volunteers. Businesses, restaurants, advertisers and sponsors will meet prior at 6:00 pm to discuss logistics , advertising opportunities and such. Thank You, Louie
Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Registered

Thanks Louie...we should have another good turn out. Excitement is building for this race; the local guys out there really want to get involved. See you on April 15th!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Racer
Racer

Tomorrow is April 15th!! woo hoo!! Meeting at Rachels 281 Woodcleft ave. Freeport, N.Y. 11520. Expecting a good turnout, should have the Live stream guys there for question and answers and what will be available for our teams and sponsors, Race Patrol boats and Safety crews will be there also. See You there, Louie
Old 06-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

RIP Louie the rigger! Passed away yesterday

Hard worker for any and all good things
Old 06-20-2022, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.