Great Race on the Sea CANCELLED >

Great Race on the Sea CANCELLED

Notices

Great Race on the Sea CANCELLED

Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Very sorry for you Louie and your crew....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, Sorry about the cancellation. There was quite a bit of help and cooperation from the people at Nassau County, Freeport and Long Beach. We live in a major bureaucracy and to get things accomplished can be difficult to say the least. Not everyone thinks a boat gliding across the water at warp speed is the s#!t like we do. So there will always be resistance and compromise on both sides. We have to put on a mega event safely (not limited to racers, spectators and rescue personnel, but for all), environmentally sound, with parking, hotels, routing, water rescue, EMS, Helicopter LZ and I could fill the whole page. The main issue is the fact we lost some key real estate as in the crane-in area , wet pits and rescue triage, to scramble at this point to readjust a years worth of planning would have not been prudent or safe for our racers and fans. Believe me I scrambled anyway. We have some awesome races coming up, this weekend is Port Huron, Michigan into Sarnia, Canada, followed by Detroit, Michigan with the OPA Worlds in Solomon Island, Maryland. Check the OPAracing.org for particulars, Who knows, maybe next year a new site on the island? stay tuned! Louie