Big $$$$$ for winners of CBPBA/OPA Race of 9/28/03

Notices

Big $$$$$ for winners of CBPBA/OPA Race of 9/28/03

Old 09-30-2003, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big $$$$$ for winners of CBPBA/OPA Race of 9/28/03

Guy's and ladies, if ya think about it, CBPBA has a guarantee of a 20,000.00 purse, four(4) classes ran which means a 5,000.00 purse for each class which breaks down to 3,000.00 for first place, 1250.00 for second place and 750.00 for third place.Ted had told Smitty and I that the Mayor of Cambridge, Maryland was going to put up another 5,000.00 which would make the purse 25,000.00 split up between Four classes but I'm not sure that has happened......Has it Ted???????? The Jersey Boyz would like to THANK Ted and everyone with The Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association for coming up with this kind of purse and running a safe race for the teams. Everyone had a great time and hope we have it again next year. Regards to all Augie"The Godfather" Pensa
Old 09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
diamonddaveF170

Still happy either way.
Ted everything was great. When are the checks going out!
1st in P-2 or 3rd in P-3.
Better money for everyoneby letting money be split by 4 classes instead of 5.
Great Venue

David

Last edited by diamonddaveF170; 09-30-2003 at 09:45 PM.

Old 09-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a juicy purse.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:51 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice job Ted!
I wish I didn't have to work last weekend...
I would have made it for sure...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Geez Augie, are you gonna tell about the strippers too??? We are working out the details with the sponsors and will have some numbers in a day or two.(Bill and I just got home last night after a loooonnnggg day in Cambridge on Monday). You have my personal assurance that the $4000 purse in each class will be paid. The fifth class issue is open at this point but we will do what we can to get the racers what they deserve.

I want to thank everyone for coming down and putting on such a great show for all of us and the City of Cambridge. I hope that in the very near future the word "Cambridge" will be synonomous (sp) with great offshore racing.

Oh and Augie, we had to give the other $5000 to that farmer's daughter for "hush money" Don't worry, I won't elaborate on this public forum
Old 10-01-2003, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That's cool about the farmers daughter,I didn't want to marry her anyway...$5000.00 was cheap to get rid of her in the long run. Ted, 20,000.00 is 20,00.00 no matter how you look at it even if there were only two classes and all the guy's know that. Look back at the photos and you'll see Diamond Dave Racing..P2-13 was awarded the checkered flag for P2 for him, we made him run P3 to be more exciting for the fans and your sponsors but he is just as happy in third place in P3. Come on Ted, all the guys are waiting and asking me questions I can't answer.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:45 AM
xtremeracingf1

Wow Augie Ted did a great job to get a 25,000 purse for Maryland,thats more then most of our races.Good job Ted,next year hopefully it will be even bigger and draw even more boats.I know with purses like that it would pay for us to all make the trip.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by A.Pensa
That's cool about the farmers daughter,I didn't want to marry her anyway...$5000.00 was cheap to get rid of her in the long run.
Right on, Augie. What a deal. Cambridge: Fat purses, discount pay-offs. I really regret not having been there.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Who needs Key West?
It sounds like all of you just ran at the best race site of the year!
Great job CBPBA!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Go Here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=60568

Quick Reply: Big $$$$$ for winners of CBPBA/OPA Race of 9/28/03

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.