37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Notices

37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
What 2000 are you looking at, if it is the one I am thinking about steer clear, multiple owners and run very hard. If you are going anything more than stock power go with the #6 boat. I owned a Bravo boat with 750 hp supercharged motors for 5 years and now have a # 6 boat with a set of quad rotor 565s. You will find the #6 boat is happiest at higher speeds in the rough stuff.
What speed did you get out of the Bravo 750hp set-up? Did you have a lot of drive problems? The 2000 is being traded in and just had some motor work. I believe it has seen a lot of poker runs though.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OuterControl
Thanks BBB725,
Do you know what motors were in the SSM V boat. I was told by one guy that the boat with SSM V drives rides squirrelly. Is that a good description of the ride?
Twin 800 blower motors, the boat had a tough time getting on plane and seemed to ride to flat, so squirrelly would be a good description.
The 01 boat with 575s and bravos would be my choice nice package and the insurance will be better than the #6 boat. The boat with SSM V you have drive first, but are parts available for the Vs yet? May want to check on that.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

ASD-7

http://www.arneson-industries.com/asd7m.htm Talk to Rik directly.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What speed did you get out of the Bravo 750hp set-up? Did you have a lot of drive problems? The 2000 is being traded in and just had some motor work. I believe it has seen a lot of poker runs though.
The Bravo boat would run right at 100 to 104 at its best. All of the internals on the drives were changed to IMCO. I also raised the motors up 1 inch and ran the imco driveshaft into a standard Mercury coupler. Drives held up a lot better with those cahnges. Is the 2000 boat called" Lets Rock" Really if you are looking at a turn key package stick with the 575/Bravo boat, you will love it. If you are looking at more HP go with the 6s.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered

Yea the 2000 is called Let's Rock. It is being traded in to Lake Cumberland Marine. I use my boat mainly on a large fresh water lake, Lake Lanier in Georgia. 100-104MPH is exactly where i would like to be. I would have to beef up the 575's to reach that, but it's sounding like the Bravos might be the better choice for me. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the 2000 is called Let's Rock. It is being traded in to Lake Cumberland Marine. I use my boat mainly on a large fresh water lake, Lake Lanier in Georgia. 100-104MPH is exactly where i would like to be. I would have to beef up the 575's to reach that, but it's sounding like the Bravos might be the better choice for me. Thanks for your input.
That 575 boat should run a solid 90 mph, maybe a little better. Lets Rock has had the living hell run out of it. That boat is on owner #6 or 7 by now. Are you looking at the 575 boat being shown here in the classifieds. Looks like a really nice boat.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

We also have a 97, split bolster / center entrance boat for sale

Brand new interior, 600 mercs, bravo's on boxes, boat has not been the water for 2 years. mint condition inside and out mild paint job but very clean

let me know if your interested.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
That 575 boat should run a solid 90 mph, maybe a little better. Lets Rock has had the living hell run out of it. That boat is on owner #6 or 7 by now. Are you looking at the 575 boat being shown here in the classifieds. Looks like a really nice boat.
Yea that is the 575 boat I am looking at. I appreciate the input on Let's Rock. I don't want a high maintance boat.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild Child
We also have a 97, split bolster / center entrance boat for sale

Brand new interior, 600 mercs, bravo's on boxes, boat has not been the water for 2 years. mint condition inside and out mild paint job but very clean

let me know if your interested.
Yes I would love to see some pics of the boat.I will send you a PM with the e-mail address.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

I'm the current owner of the Let's Rock Boat. I am the 5th owner. Bob Russell was the first owner, then John O'Loughlin,(both multi Outerlimits owners)
then Grant gerrity (Grand Lake, who owned it for less than a year),then the guy in New Jersey I bought it from(who is currently selling the Wild Child boat). I talked with all the owners befroe me about the boat and other than Grant Gerrity they all said they loved that boat and the feeling while driving it. When I got the boat it was not maintained the way it should have been. I have spent a lot of time and money to bring this boat up to the level it deserves. The boat is almost flawless currently. It had 240 hours on the hull when i got it. I have only put 25 hrs on it.
Summary of what has been done to the boat since I have had it: Port and Starboard top ends rebuilt including new Jessel Pro Shaft Rocker assemblies, Port Motor complete bottom end and Dyno (all by Gellner Engineering, Ohio), Painted Cockpit dash to match the rest of the boat (was white), Dual Flush Mount Helms, New Upholstery in Cabin, New Snap In Carpet through out, New Full Cover, One New Dry Sump 1500 HP Trans, Rerigg and all new double steering pump system, All new shifter, and indicator cables, All new MSD Ignition, New Bump Solenoid Modules (it all works like factory now), New Imco Gatlin Exhaust Silencers, Swimstep rewelded and powder coated, New Fuel Pumps, New Indicator on dash, New Marine Machine HD Tie Bar Assembly, All new steering and trim tab SS bolts, Added 1" spacer to the #6SSM drives, New Fuel Transfer pumps, Myco Trailer completly rebuilt including all new Axles, 6 disc Elect over Hyraulic brakes, controller, tires and wheels, new bunks, jacks,lights and wiring, new leaf springs and some new paint

The boat is very clean and is dependable now. Starts and Idles around the docks very well, and of course does very well
top end wise. This boat accelerates unbelievable between 45 and 100 Even out here on Havasu or Mead in 110 Degree weather.

I have been thinking about selling and buying a 39' Quattro with 600's or 525's to lesson the amount of maintanance required, but mostly because my time is limited and don't have the kind of time this boat deserves.

The one comment about this boat being run hard all the time is probably not true, it was run hard I'm sure some of the time and has seen it's share of Poker Runs but the boat was built and designed for that and is still very solid. I have had fun with this boat the two trips I have had it out this summer
and as usual it brings plenty of looks and it is a blast to drive.

Quick Reply: 37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.