Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
Replacement Fairing/Windscreen on a 37 Stiletto? >

Replacement Fairing/Windscreen on a 37 Stiletto?

Notices

Replacement Fairing/Windscreen on a 37 Stiletto?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Fairing/Windscreen on a 37 Stiletto?

Hey guys- mine was a casualty of a clumsy guest this weekend on the boat. Broke into several pieces so need a new one. Is this something the factory builds or do I have to locate a vendor and have one custom-built? Ideas? I'm going to contact the factory this week to see what they say, but in the meantime, any help would be appreciated. Running without it is NO fun...
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northerndoc
Hey guys- mine was a casualty of a clumsy guest this weekend on the boat. Broke into several pieces so need a new one. Is this something the factory builds or do I have to locate a vendor and have one custom-built? Ideas? I'm going to contact the factory this week to see what they say, but in the meantime, any help would be appreciated. Running without it is NO fun...
Doc,

I'm almost certain that Larry replaced the windscreen on the 37 I bought from him, so you may want to call or PM him. Good luck.

Last edited by TCBoss302; 07-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

The factory should be able to get one made for you. I had one replaced about 5 years ago through the factory.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Thanks guys- I will call the factory and see what they can do for me.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Doc,

I'm almost certain that Larry replaced the windscreen on the 37 I bought from him, so you mat want to call or PM him. Good luck.
I'm afraid I don't know who Larry is, but would be interested in talking to him if you could give me his contact info. Thanks-
Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northerndoc
I'm afraid I don't know who Larry is, but would be interested in talking to him if you could give me his contact info. Thanks-
His OSO name is LV, so you could PM him. Here is his cell - 918-671-0675 Cell. He is a great guy and should be helpful. Good luck!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're handy and are willing to shell out the cash for a sheet of polycarb, you can make one yourself. Don't use anything thinner than 3/8". Basically, you can make a templet of an existing windshield and then trace it out on the polycarb. Cut it with a fine tooth jig saw (protect the surface before hand). Use a heat gun (dont burn it) and carefully shape the curves/corners. Drill the holes, sand and polish the edges.

If you were to buy a sheet, you'll have enough to make your money back from co-owners many times over!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

Plastic Engineering in Tulsa made the replacement for TCBoss302's 37 -- they used the original to make the replacement.