shopping for new ride this fall/winter/spring >

shopping for new ride this fall/winter/spring

Notices

shopping for new ride this fall/winter/spring

Old 09-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
My two suggestions would be to stick with mercury power and buy the nicest boat you can afford.
You would say that as it is exactly what you have in Incognito...LOL. Funny, I told RiverRat in a PM that if he settles on a 37 OL, go buy yours.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, yup thats true and there is a reason that this is what I own. He said he wants turn key reliability and nothing too exotic. Merc builds a very reliable package, you know exactly what you are getting, and the resale is much better. As far as buying the nicest boat you can afford, I have plenty of friends who have learned that lesson the hard way. Spend more upfront, buy a boat that was well cared for and it will save you money and aggravation in the long run.

My boat isn't for sale, I'm happy with what I've got and I'm gonna stick with it for now. Tom, when you gonna get your rig down to FL so we can run together? I'm anxious to hear those YPM motors scream, are you gonna do Key West?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I would lean to a merc boat before aftermarket power for sure but I wouldn't rule the latter out...depends on the condition of the rest of the boat. also would prefer a stagger over side by side.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered

I know of a 1998 37 with triple merc 500's (carb, not efi) It is a one owner boat, he has had it since ordering it new. 430 hours on entire boat, top end refresh about 100 hours ago, on a trailer.
PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner. It is in great shape.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
I know of a 1998 37 with triple merc 500's (carb, not efi) It is a one owner boat, he has had it since ordering it new. 430 hours on entire boat, top end refresh about 100 hours ago, on a trailer.
PM me and I can put you in touch with the owner. It is in great shape.

not wanting a trip boat unless its a outboard center console LOL...one owner for that long it should be in great shape tho.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
Ha, yup thats true and there is a reason that this is what I own. He said he wants turn key reliability and nothing too exotic. Merc builds a very reliable package, you know exactly what you are getting, and the resale is much better. As far as buying the nicest boat you can afford, I have plenty of friends who have learned that lesson the hard way. Spend more upfront, buy a boat that was well cared for and it will save you money and aggravation in the long run.

My boat isn't for sale, I'm happy with what I've got and I'm gonna stick with it for now. Tom, when you gonna get your rig down to FL so we can run together? I'm anxious to hear those YPM motors scream, are you gonna do Key West?
As much as I would love to get down there and do a FL run, it's not going to happen this year. The only sceaming my Young Pereformance motors did were in the first 10 minutes of the Lake Cumberland Run and the screaming was the pistons burning up......... Hope to be back soon though.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Registered

Oh dude, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well looks as though I'm shifting gears...still upgrading in length but moving to a Cruiser (40-45), re rigging the skater and selling the sunsation. thanks for all the info here, all the PM's with suggestions and possible sale of other OL not listed on the market. I still plan own owning one...just be a little while longer.

thanks again,

Craig
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how many hours on engines?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
As much as I would love to get down there and do a FL run, it's not going to happen this year. The only sceaming my Young Pereformance motors did were in the first 10 minutes of the Lake Cumberland Run and the screaming was the pistons burning up......... Hope to be back soon though.
how many hrs on engines what was the cause?