Looking to purchase an OL 37,39, or 42

Notices

Looking to purchase an OL 37,39, or 42

Old 03-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violation98
haha... fair enough..

I started this thread a year ago, if you see the date when it originated. A lot happened between now and then and my budget increased significantly. I have plenty of love for OL and would love to own one. Some day I certainly will... however, even under 200k there is not much out there to chose from now and I found a great deal on an incredible Rockit.

The 39 Rockit has a max headroom of 5'8" which is far taller than the 388's and Donzis at 5'1"

Length Overall (LOA) : 39'11"/12.17 m
Number of berths : 1
Dead Rise : 25
Beam : 8'8"
Fuel System : Gas
Fuel Capacity : 238
Max. Cabin Headroom : 5'8"
Weight : 9500 lbs..
If you're this close to buying a Rockit then you must be satisfied with the cabin because you have seen it in person. BUT, I will stand by what I posted because that 5'8" headroom you speak of is only the first 12-15" when you step down in the cabin, then it drops drastically to like 4' 5" or something. Before I decided on a 37 OL, I looked at a 388 and then a 39 Rockit at the Miami boat show and as much as I liked the Hustlers, I wanted more room in the cabin. With that said, many people simply don't care that much about cabin size but it was important to me. I hope your deal works out as you will be getting an awesome ride!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didnt mention this during our 15 min of discussion. So a rockit for 137k ???? What happened to the hustler 388 on swap shop?
Old 03-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
39 Rockit for $125k(ish)??!?!! Wow
So he offered u 125 and me 137 lol farrel are u prop flicking
Old 03-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

Too many people getting confused here.. Let me clarify..

Violation is Rick, working a deal on a 39 rockit for a number greater than 125k.

525sc is Farrell, who is currently in the market for an OL in this same price range.

Essentially Farrell has just taken over this thread as a means to locate potential sellers, he is also a friend of Rick's.

I bought Farrell's old 37.

There, back on track! Lol
Old 03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
If you're this close to buying a Rockit then you must be satisfied with the cabin because you have seen it in person. BUT, I will stand by what I posted because that 5'8" headroom you speak of is only the first 12-15" when you step down in the cabin, then it drops drastically to like 4' 5" or something. Before I decided on a 37 OL, I looked at a 388 and then a 39 Rockit at the Miami boat show and as much as I liked the Hustlers, I wanted more room in the cabin. With that said, many people simply don't care that much about cabin size but it was important to me. I hope your deal works out as you will be getting an awesome ride!
TC,
I think its a good overall compromise of Cabin size. My Nor-Tech 39v had an awesome cabin with great headroom, so it will seem tighter in the Rockit for sure. But there is enough height in the Rockit for me to be satisfied. I agree the OLs are king when it comes to the best overall package with cabin and everything, but I just couldn't find the right boat. I crawled through a 39 Unlimited TG and could not believe how short the headroom was in that boat. It blew me away. ZRs and 388s too... it's what turned me off to all those boats quickly. I was basically left with OLs and the Rockit (for my taste anyway..) Then I found this Rockit and it all came together as a great option.
BTW- your Stiletto is SICK. I followed some of your threads a long time ago on the boat.

Plumbers crack - wrong guy, as Full Whack has explained. We have never spoken in person or email.

And just to be clear again, the Rockit purchase is far north of the budget I started with on this thread a year ago.

Thanks
Rick
Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violation98
TC,
I think its a good overall compromise of Cabin size. My Nor-Tech 39v had an awesome cabin with great headroom, so it will seem tighter in the Rockit for sure. But there is enough height in the Rockit for me to be satisfied. I agree the OLs are king when it comes to the best overall package with cabin and everything, but I just couldn't find the right boat. I crawled through a 39 Unlimited TG and could not believe how short the headroom was in that boat. It blew me away. ZRs and 388s too... it's what turned me off to all those boats quickly. I was basically left with OLs and the Rockit (for my taste anyway..) Then I found this Rockit and it all came together as a great option.
BTW- your Stiletto is SICK. I followed some of your threads a long time ago on the boat.

Plumbers crack - wrong guy, as Full Whack has explained. We have never spoken in person or email.

And just to be clear again, the Rockit purchase is far north of the budget I started with on this thread a year ago.

Thanks
Rick
Thanks for the compliment! I need to get on here sometime and finish that thread just haven't had time to compile pics and get them posted.

If your deal goes through, you will have a sic boat as well and I have know idea which one it is. What I do know is all the ones I have seen look awesome! Good luck!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I remember being shocked at how much headroom a 388 Slingshot has. Visually, the exterior lines look so much more sleek and lower than a 382 Formula, but the headroom is identical in those two boats.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OL 42 Legacy triple??
Old 03-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Gold Member

Just realized I was involved in this? Thanks Full Whack for explaining.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oceanperf
OL 42 Legacy triple??
an arguement can be made for a trip bravo boat vs 700s and NXTs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.