Notices

2001 37 stiletto twin 575 sci

Old 09-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...JkaW9yaW8ncyJd

In terms of speed there is a huge difference. Now this isnt exactly apples to apples but my boat is an 85 mph boat w 700's side by side and full scx's. Im sure I could get to 90 and maybe 95 w messing w props and prop height but his 41 was 115 w staggered 700s and Nxts. Thats one thing the new tech has acheived. Speed! Now granted its a much shorter cabin and a much lighter boat so maybe. Again Maybe, its not as good in rough water.

With all of that said. I love my boat and will not pay 3-400k for a 41 becasue the improvements are not important to me. And thats what its all about isnt it? Having the boat you love and the reasons you love it.
It is, Pete....but if I got rid of my 37, I'd want a 39 Quattro or I'd be one of those strange people that would go for a 42 with trip 525's (I can't afford 3-400k). But, I wouldn't want to get rid of the 37 unless I knew it was worth the premium to me....I'm a cheapa$$, so there has to be something of substantial value for another $100k or so. More speed, great ride, more reliability (mainly because it would be newer). You know how boating is in MI....it's a lot of money for 3 months....

I bought the 37 I did because I wanted a/c, heat, pump out head, couch inserts to sleep 4, micro, fridge, etc. So I'm with you there, but there are some nice newer boats and hulls I'd like to know more about, too. I like the staggered and side by side 37's because they have a bigger head, but they are also faster with the same power. OL has done a lot of changing in the last 20 years that many people don't know in depth details on and why they made the changes they did, etc. It would make a great book.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 32fever
I actually would like to know a comparison. By that I mean, if you were to buy a 37' for $120k, how does that compare to a 39 Quattro for $170k and how would that compare to a 36SL or 41SL for 250k+(depending on you perspective since the 37 falls in between). What has the technology done? There really is not a lot of detailed info out there that I have seen.

I think it would be awesome to ride on various hulls in the same conditions all in one day to really feel the differences in what that technology has done. So, I actually would like to compare them. I've never been on any OL other than a 37 to know.
I have a Quattro, It has pretty good cabin room, full stand up bathroom / shower, Heat/AC, nxt and 700's it handles the rough water very well and it rolls well into the triple digits with ease on any given day you have good enough water you want to test it on. It is a great all around boat, the new OL boats I love also, the only thing holding me back from exploring them more is the cabin height, I kinda feel like if it's going to be that small why even have it, Haha. I guess I'm spoiled having all the room I've had in the cabin in the last few boats I've owned.
As far as comparison of a 37 to a 39.
Cabin height is very similar but inside is much more updated, speed wise hands down the 39 is much faster, rough water I cant vouch for the 37 so I wont pretend to have those facts but my 39 handles the rough pretty darn good.
You probably not going to find a well maintained Quattro on a trailer with nice 700 or bigger power for under low to mid 200's
Old 09-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I really liked the way our old 37' handled in the rough. Very predictable.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Any word if this boat is still available condition etc.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sonic Steve
Any word if this boat is still available condition etc.

Haven't heard, but this beauty just got listed and is definitely worth the look!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ts-o67297.html
Old 10-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Whack
Haven't heard, but this beauty just got listed and is definitely worth the look!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ts-o67297.html
I'm curious why this one is on the market. The guy selling it was after a 37 most of the spring and summer....contacted lots of folks with 37's and I see he finally bought this one. 3-4 months later, it's on the market. Looks like a really nice 37!
Old 10-03-2016, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I'm curious why this one is on the market. The guy selling it was after a 37 most of the spring and summer....contacted lots of folks with 37's and I see he finally bought this one. 3-4 months later, it's on the market. Looks like a really nice 37!
liked it and like the rest of us,,wants bigger and faster.the disease is never ending.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
He told me that he was concerned about work and was just playing it safe by selling…it sure looks nice and clean, I want it but its a little outside of what I want to spend.