37 Outerlimits "Diablo" Changing to SSM 6, Help please

Notices

37 Outerlimits "Diablo" Changing to SSM 6, Help please

Old 11-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 Outerlimits "Diablo" Changing to SSM 6, Help please

Looking for information for drive location to change the boat from #4 to #6 drives. Does anyone have a #6 boat with a side by side set up? Or can someone point me in a direction as to who to contact that would be knowledgeable and willing to help? Also will be selling #4 drives, gimbals, extension boxes and steering. Right hand drive needs lower gears and general go through. And looking for 6 drives and gimbals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Madox
Old 11-25-2016, 08:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

You need to do a stagger on a #6 37. It will run horrible in a side by side application.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Probably not the answers your looking for but I agree. That would be a horrible move. Way to much weight in the ass end and those drives would be to far spread apart.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

What would be the optimum center to center and X dimensions? Anyone have pictures of a staggered set up in a 37? Particularly how close is the front engine is the back seat.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Unfortunately i believe the side by side 37's had a larger cockpit than the staggered set ups therefore your talking about cutting and moving the whole bulkhead forward to accommodate the forward motor.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Registered

I would start at the same height as the #4s with 2" spacers in the #6s and then go up from there. Dont get discouraged you have to keep testing and trying different props and drive heights. Most single step boats will have more stern lift at high speeds, there are many good running side by side boats.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Equalizer
I would start at the same height as the #4s with 2" spacers in the #6s and then go up from there. Dont get discouraged you have to keep testing and trying different props and drive heights. Most single step boats will have more stern lift at high speeds, there are many good running side by side boats.
So your saying keep the drives at the same spacing (around 34") and put the x dimension at the same as the #4's. The consensus says side by side isn't the way to go. Trying not to get discouraged but haven't had any good options yet. Also had to put spacers in the #4's to make it drivable. Over 100 it would get scary. 1" spacers settled it down but runs slower. And with the 4's it sucks getting on plane, will not get up and go without taking it to 5200 rpm. I've been told that with 6's and a cavitation plate some of that issue will be solved.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

there is a 37 out there that was converted from a bravo boat to a #6 short stagger. If you look for edelecta in the activator area , he can fill you in. He had it done to his 37 that I just mentioned . He sold that boat years ago .but I'm sure he could give u some insite.

I have a 37 with number 5 's on boxes with the drives at 28 " and motors at 34". With 18" drive shafts .
Old 11-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomFTM
there is a 37 out there that was converted from a bravo boat to a #6 short stagger. If you look for edelecta in the activator area , he can fill you in. He had it done to his 37 that I just mentioned . He sold that boat years ago .but I'm sure he could give u some insite.

I have a 37 with number 5 's on boxes with the drives at 28 " and motors at 34". With 18" drive shafts .
You still got my trailer ??? Nice to see you in key west, I was trying to buy you a round and went inside to get some service and you were gone. It seems so easy to lose people in such a small town but its just insane !! Happy holiday's !!

Brian
Old 11-30-2016, 07:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TomFTM

I would love to see pics of your setup if it's possible. I was thinking of doing something similar but a little afraid because I haven't seen one like that. How much HP do your engines make? And I'm assuming the u joints have held together.? And thanks for the info on edelecta, I'll see if I can look him up. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.