Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Sorry to see the DomZ thread go... >

Sorry to see the DomZ thread go...

Notices

Sorry to see the DomZ thread go...

Old 10-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sorry to see the DomZ thread go...

A wise man once said... If you can afford the boat then you can afford the gas!!

If your gonna play you gotta pay!!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Sonny Bonacio

Hey guys,
I did write the request to delete the thread exactly as posted, problem is that once I posted the thread was deleted very quickly along with my request to do so. That thread was over 18,000 hits and 450 replies and was not doing anything to help me or me getting my boat. Figured according to the numbers anyone that needed to see it did.

The boat has not been sitting down there anymore, in the last few weeks Pantera has dumped allot of $$$ and time into the project on there own, I am happy to say that all of the rigging, swim platform, interior, dash and cabin are all now complete. The second transome plate is installed and should have the second 525 in and boat floating by the end of Oct. I am not happy that this has taken so long but I must say that these last few weeks has made me feel much better about Pantera, they have shown me that they are still getting up and going to work every day.

As earlier stated, the only thing I will be pissed about is if Jo is off on his projection on the speed with the twin 525's, and yes I agree, if your going to buy a boat like this better have a company gas card, or stay on the porch.

Thanks All
Sonny B.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by speed buff
otis311, sonny did post asking for you to remove the thread i read it before it was deleted.i give pantera credit for not giving up like a few other south florida manufactures and boat dealers that have done recentley in these tough times. they have delivered quite a few boats in the last couple of months and seem to be turning things around.i think sonny had posted that he would be down picking up his boat next month since he had decided on a few new upgrades on his last post.i wish pantera luck in very tough economic times. they are fighters and a great family !!! robert
...but then again you don't want to get involved
Old 10-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kitten
...but then again you don't want to get involved
Well said!
Ain't that the truth!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I missed that thread. I would have deleted it out of respect for Sonny. But that doesnt change how I feel about Pantara's business practices at all. Potential customers must know what they are up against.

I dont doubt that Jo and Pepe are great people. I have heard so many people say good things about them, It tells me that they cant be all that bad. I really do hope all turns out well for them. Ive stated this many times before. They build a great product....It just takes them way to long.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob,

A few boats did fall behind due to the price they were sold which in turn was our fault and I am a big boy to admit it. Customers want to add extra items that cost big $$$ into their deals and not pay extra $$$ for it. Many times we put extra work and options into each boat and not charge for it because we want the best product in our customers hands.

As of a few months ago I have had to raise our prices a bit to cover additional costs in materials and labor which in turn will expedite turn around time. We put way to much quality into our boats and were not charging enough for it. Obviously having 2 terrible accidents at the end of 2003 did not help either. We are certainly making changes from our mistakes and will not give up. If there is one thing that no one can say is that we do not cut corners on any boat and will not sacrafice our quality.We will put Sonny's boat behind us next month and move forward with a new positive direction.

I am proud that my Family and I are still here hammering away in this tough business after 30 years.I know you got screwed in the National Marine deal and now have some type of agenda to warn people in the industry.

That is all I have to say in this matter. Sonny will be one happy customer when I hammer the throttles with him out in the Ocean. Sonny 95 MPH is for real.

Like our customers always tell us : I love my Pantera !

JO - Pantera Boats

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 10-12-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Bob,

A few boats did fall behind due to the price they were sold which in turn was our fault and I am a big boy to admit it. Customers want to add extra items that cost big $$$ into their deals and not pay extra $$$ for it. Many times we put extra work and options into each boat and not charge for it because we want the best product in our customers hands.

As of a few months ago I have had to raise our prices a bit to cover additional costs in materials and labor which in turn will expedite turn around time. We put way to much quality into our boats and were not charging enough for it. Obviously having 2 terrible accidents at the end of 2003 did not help either. We are certainly making changes from our mistakes and will not give up. If there is one thing that no one can say is that we do not cut corners on any boat and will not sacrafice our quality.We will put Sonny's boat behind us next month and move forward with a new positive direction.

I am proud that my Family and I are still here hammering away in this tough business after 30 years.I know you got screwed in the National Marine deal and now have some type of agenda to warn people in the industry.

That is all I have to say in this matter. Sonny will be one happy customer when I hammer the throttles with him out in the Ocean. Sonny 95 MPH is for real.

Like our customers always tell us : I love my Pantera !

JO - Pantera Boats
Jo, your customers do love their boats, and Sonny wil too. I give you alot of credit to stick around and follow thru and not close up shop and run. It doesnt seem that you have tried to take any shortcuts and cheapen up the quality of your product either. I laid off from hammering you guys along time ago once I had a feeling that you werent going to run away. I still feel that your potential customers should know all your past and present history of late deliveries and it should come from you and your people. I want you to survive, so keep digging out of the huge whole you are in.

Like I always said, I love my Cigarette, but them Pantara's aint bad either
Old 10-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Like a hot knife through butter, I love mine!! Thank you Jo, Pepe & Linda
Old 10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
A wise man once said... If you can afford the boat then you can afford the gas!!

If your gonna play you gotta pay!!
We need to let the wise man know that gas is now north of $3 a gallon
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Registered

Again if you can afford the boat then you better be able to pay for the gas!! Why in the hell would you spend over 100k just so you could look pretty sitting at the dock? Yes I am aware that gas is around $3 a gallon ....but hey this is the hobby we choose ......Right!

Quick Reply: Sorry to see the DomZ thread go...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.