For sale again! >

For sale again!

Notices

For sale again!

Old 10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default For sale again!

I had to put my 24 back on e-bay. I had it sold and had a large deposit sitting in my account , We were waiting on the haulers who were schedualed to pick it up this week to go to Arizona. When disaster struck my buyer went for his annual
medical exam on friday sept. 30th and to make a long story short the doc. found a spot on one of his lungs, he went back the following monday for more tests and come to find out he has lung cancer. So I sent them the deposit back and re-listed the boat.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For sale again!

and you believed him? sounds like a good way to get out of a contract.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would certainly get a doctors report and then if true, you did the right thing. Like Bruce said, sounds fishy to get out of a deal.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Registered

I had a my Baja on Ebay also. It didn't reach the reserve but the high bidder said he wanted it and we agreed on a price. Well he never showed up the day he was supposed to. I got a e-mail that said they rolled their truck over early in the morning. They said the fog was so bad they drove off the road. A local guy ended up buying the boat the next week. I still have not heard anything from the ebay guy. Either way the boat is gone but I had to give it away.

Russ
Old 10-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

i feel you did the correct thing returning the deposit.good things will come to you in the long run !!! good luck selling it , robert
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree you did the right thing...If that guy would lie about something like that then trust me sooner or later he'll get an unexpected surprise in return.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Registered

i have had a one guy saying he had cash $48.000, then call back wanting me to meet him in pittsburgh with my boat, he did not even come see it,first, said he could not find a tow vehicle, steer clear of this character BEN SHAEFFER he owns a business from baltimore area, shaeffer imports anyone heard of this shady guy, ant ideas how to weed out the fake, con man
Old 10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vertigo88
i have had a one guy saying he had cash $48.000, then call back wanting me to meet him in pittsburgh with my boat, he did not even come see it,first, said he could not find a tow vehicle, steer clear of this character BEN SHAEFFER he owns a business from baltimore area, shaeffer imports anyone heard of this shady guy, ant ideas how to weed out the fake, con man
Yup!!!
He is F.O.S.
After 2 weeks of him telling me he was coming up to p/u the boat, I told him to take a hike.
Here is a few clues that he was full of it.
1. His 1st message on my machine was "I'd like to wrap it up this weekend."
2. Didn't need to take for a ride.
3. No surveyor.
4. He likes Pantera cuz of the "green eyes".
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vertigo88
Ben shaefer from MD. was the one who messed up my first auction. He is the one who was high bidder only to withdraw his bid, call me 2 days later and say the same thing he told storm that he wanted to wrap it up this weekend and that he was coming to get it that saturday. To make a long story short
I stayed here @ the shop from all night that friday tripple checking everthing & detailing the boat only to wait on that putz!! for SEVERAl hours and he never did show. You can also ask Pepper Nieset about him he is the one that had the 28 twins, and the 24 w the cobra motor that was in the classifieds not long ago. Me and him both had dealings with that guy. Man I wish I would have known about this guy a month ago, It would have saved me alot of trouble that weekend. As for the people that sent me the Wire transfer
deposit from Arizona, They are legit and it is a Very unfortunate situation for them.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Its a tough call to post a sham.
You dont want to run a smear campaign, but at the same time want to warn others.
All i did was take my personal belongings off my boat for this character.

Quick Reply: For sale again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.