28 with twins ( prop question ) >

28 with twins ( prop question )

Notices

28 with twins ( prop question )

Old 07-29-2022, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dru
I just looked at some pics of my old 28 and it was inning over 650hp a side and gps at 102. They were spinning out. That was a mean boat that took me everywhere. Went from Chesapeake to New York, Lauderdale to the Bahamas. Actually Phil Lipship tried to save me from an awful storm I hit on the way back. The coastguard sent a helicopter out to rescue me. They were over 10 footers and that 28 went thru every one. Not over but thru. Actually twisted the stock exhaust with the risers off the motors somewhat when it still had the black motor mercs. I didn’t realize she was filling with water but she got me in governors cut. I can’t say enough about those 28s. Tried to buy it back one time. Sorry I got off on a tangent but that was a great boat that spun its props out. You can see the props of you google Pantera 28 Baltimore Maryland. The add for the guy that sold it after me had some nice pics. And the props are going out.
102 with 650hpx2 huh? I am making more power than that, what props were you running?
Old 07-31-2022, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cmross97
102 with 650hpx2 huh? I am making more power than that, what props were you running?
which boat do you have and what drives do you have?
Old 08-02-2022, 05:50 PM
dru
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a high x dimension. Joey said the highest he ever did to help the original 310 mercs. I usually hit mid to high 90s but if I stripped the boat of everything and the waves and wind were right I did see 102 once but could hit 100 every once in awhile. By myself with no fuel. It doesn’t seem that outrageous when the 36 is hitting low to mid 90s with 525s. A 28 really doesn’t need steps. I can’t recall my prop size but they were 4 blades. I looked online at an old ad for it that you can find. Google 28 for sale in Md. it was white with a blue and red splash. It was the boat show boat back in 98. I wish I could remember but I know they weee Merc props that were labbed by Cavenaugh there at Merc racing. I actually preferred the non labbed because you lose a little top end but seem to get much better midrange. I regretted selling the boat and tried to buy it back but he just sold it for like 28 grand. I had just repowered it and he only had like 40 hrs on it. Had full Imco drive internals and Mayfair steering. It had the best of the best and that was a steal for that boat. It also had a Myco aliuminum trailer with it. It really was a steal but it was during the recession when everything was cheap. Sorry I don’t recall the prop size but I swear to rhe spead one reason I sold it because when it was repowered it was suppose to add some power but actually was slower than before. Which soured me and the man who did the work tried to blame it on everything else so I sold it out of disgust which I regretted. Anyway that is the story

This was a pic of the boat from governors cut Miami
Old 04-05-2023, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Currently spinning my props (bravo 4 blade) out on my 28 with twin 500 efi’s. Easily runs high 80’s low 90’s.