Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28 Pantera Single >

28 Pantera Single

Notices

28 Pantera Single

Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this whole used boat buying thing isnt fun!!

Make you wish you were rich and could just go have one built for yourself!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is out of your price range but it's still for sale

2004 28’ Pantera Sport Offshore Boat

Pics of boat on Pantera's web site.
http://www.panteraboats.com/28specs_sgl04_02.html

Asking $78K

Fresh water only & always stored indoors!

2004 28' Pantera with a single 496HO - 425hp.
It is completely turn key.
It runs 60 to 62 mph on GPS in any water.
Thats with a full load of fuel and 2 to 4 people.
This boat rides very smooth and handles great
no matter how rough the water is.
This is a fantastic Offshore or Great Lakes boat!
Most of my budz boats run 70 to 90 mph.
I'll pass 95% of them when the water gets rough.

The hull only has around 260 hours on it.
The old motor blew up with 112 hours on it.
Mercury replaced the blown motor with a brand
new one on 6-17-2005. The new motor has
approximately 148 hours on it. Motor oil
& drive oil changes at 25 to 30 hour intervals.
I have all paperwork available for inspection.

This also would be a great boat if you wanted a
bigger HP motor. Sell or trade the current motor
for $5K to $7K & replace with a bigger built motor.

Sits on an Aluminum-Tandem Axel Continental Trailer with spare wheel & tire. Trailer wheels & tires were
upgraded to 16" Goodyear Marathons & both (2) axles are equipped with disc brakes. Front bow bunk was also added for support as well as conspicuity tape & rear led lighting.
Last August I had brand new vinyl green eyes installed on the boat, these can easily be removed if you want something different.

[email protected]
Old 02-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ar15meister
this whole used boat buying thing isnt fun!!

Make you wish you were rich and could just go have one built for yourself!!!
Boy is that the truth! .... you always think it should be fun buying any toy, but it becomes almost a second job for the time it takes to find the right one or secure the right deal!

Sometimes I scratch my head even when buying a toy new .... it seems like you have to beg to buy something sometimes!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Dang guys, you're making this too hard on yourselves! Find the boat you want, either make an offer or tell the seller you'll buy it for the asking price. Go pick it up. Deal with anything that's wrong with it later. Because if nothing's wrong with it when you buy it, you'll break something soon enough!

Good luck!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Dang guys, you're making this too hard on yourselves! Find the boat you want, either make an offer or tell the seller you'll buy it for the asking price. Go pick it up. Deal with anything that's wrong with it later. Because if nothing's wrong with it when you buy it, you'll break something soon enough!

Good luck!
LOL ain't that the truth. I did what your saying with mine and it was still a huge pain in the arse. What a headache. It really makes me realize what the dealers go through. I bought my first boat through a dealer. All I did was sign an offer, show up for a test drive and drive it home. The whole thing was done in three phone calls and I only had to speak with one company.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
LOL ain't that the truth. I did what your saying with mine and it was still a huge pain in the arse. What a headache. It really makes me realize what the dealers go through. I bought my first boat through a dealer. All I did was sign an offer, show up for a test drive and drive it home. The whole thing was done in three phone calls and I only had to speak with one company.
I pretty much did the same thing with my Scarab. Made the call to the seller, then a call to a friend that lived in the same state to look at it. He gave me the ok and i was in the truck cash in hand.

The whole buying process took me 7 hours and that included the travel time to and from my house in Texas

kepp in mind i knew this was the boat i wanted but now i am racking my brain deciding on my next boat.
Apache,no pantera,no Active Thunder,no Apache,no sonic

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-29-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

HA! I should let Griff tell you how how easy it was...

"Scott, hey I think want your boat... I talked to Jo and Will." "OK, well it's here in Omaha, come on out" "OK, see you in 2 weeks".

That's probably why I'll have to keep it. It was sooo easy and exactly as advertised. Hell if I wasn't such a knot head, I'd probably have 700 hours on it right now!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck!
hmmmm...... Sounds very similar to my buying experience - only I had to watch it go to the next buyer, and wait for it to come back up for sale.

Originally Posted by BY U BOY

The whole buying process took me 7 hours and that included the travel time to and from my house in Texas
I had a 14hr round trip haul - and maybe an additional hour on the phone.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Registered

HA! Man, I'm working instead of drinking on superbowl sunday and that gave me a good laugh! Thanks dude!

I was looking at the pictures of your boat and noticed a deck hatch. Does it have a cabin!?

Has DangerKitty sold? Seems like it would be right up this dude's alley.
It's late, I'm bored, let's pull up some old threads...

Sean, this is the first time I had seen your reply... I guess if I would have been paying attention, I could have saved a trip to Miami, but then you wouldn't have the 24
Old 05-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Registered

Ha! Yah, hind sight is 20/20 huh?

And talk about a guy who put up instead of shutting up... Adam really stepped up and cranked this one out of the park. It's kinda funny becuase we all sort of thought Adam might be a bit of a stroker and then he comes sliding out from under the temple door holding the holy grail, reaching bag and grabbing his hat in the process.

Good on ya Adam! Glad you joined the Family!

Quick Reply: 28 Pantera Single

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.