Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades >

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Notices

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Old 02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Not that there's much to report right now, but I figured I'd stop messing up other people's threads with nonsense about my boat.

So, as I think everyone knows, I yanked the 525SC that was in the boat since it was new and put in the 750hp 565 that I got from Albert and Bruce. While I was at it, I had IMCO refresh the drive.

Unfortuantely, about 2.5 hours into running the new motor, the oil pump committed suicide and spit iron through the motor. So... time for a rebuild!

I think most everyone knows the boat only ran a best of 72.4mph prior to popping the motor, so we decided to make some changes to the motor. Once it's back in, I'll get a baseline and then also start messing with the set-up.

That's where it stands now. Waiting to get the motor back from the machine shop hoping it'll be back in the boat by the end of next week if all goes as planned.

I did buy a new Pantera hauler in the mean time... Here's a couple of photos to keep you guys busy!
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-020608_07281.jpg   Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-img_0298.jpg  
Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Oh yah, your turn Tom!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

As noted in Mikes thread, I bought this from another OSO member. It should get delivered to my place next week.

Oh yah, Kirk, I'm going to shoot clear on it and see how it goes. Otherwise, I'd recommend that you all buy stock in Scotchbrite and WD40!
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-right.jpg  

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 02-06-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

DS, w/ a black truck like that... you'd should be towing the black F1 behind it..
Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

OOOaaaahh Nice tow pig. That black F1 would have been tits behind that For now I'm towing the apache with my z71. When I first got it I took one look at the boat and said......man I need a bigger truck, but it handles OK. 1 mile to the ramp and back is all I need it for.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

I was towing with a half ton 2wd Silverado. My wife's Z71 Tahoe towed better. But like you, I only go about 3 miles to the ramp. This year I want to go do some poker runs and stuff like that, so I figured I need more truck!

I though an F2 would look good with the truck!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered

Oh, also binned the extension box idea for now. I couldn't find one used and it seemed like too much cash for something that I was doing mainly for looks, based on what other people that have tried them have told me...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Awesome! here we go .... NEW Thread! yeah baby!

And just to get this out of the way now and early on in the thread:

Nice Truck! Power Stroke??

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Not that there's much to report right now, but I figured I'd stop messing up other people's threads with nonsense about my boat.

So, as I think everyone knows, I yanked the 525SC that was in the boat since it was new and put in the 750hp 565 that I got from Albert and Bruce. While I was at it, I had IMCO refresh the drive.

Unfortuantely, about 2.5 hours into running the new motor, the oil pump committed suicide and spit iron through the motor. So... time for a rebuild!

I think most everyone knows the boat only ran a best of 72.4mph prior to popping the motor, so we decided to make some changes to the motor. Once it's back in, I'll get a baseline and then also start messing with the set-up.

That's where it stands now. Waiting to get the motor back from the machine shop hoping it'll be back in the boat by the end of next week if all goes as planned.

I did buy a new Pantera hauler in the mean time... Here's a couple of photos to keep you guys busy!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered

Sean had me put together some "ideas" for graphics...

He'll probably get pissed for me leaking this but I can't hold out any longer...

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-repaint-idea-3-sm.jpg  

Last edited by SDR_John; 02-06-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered

Yup, 2004 with a 6L powerstroke. I really like the truck. Got a great deal and it has really low miles. Now if only I could get my half ton sold!

You guys have seen it with Mike's blower hatch on it right?
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-100_0989.jpg   Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-100_0991.jpg   Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-100_0992.jpg  

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 02-06-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.