Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Question to Jo/Pepe - How Many?? >

Question to Jo/Pepe - How Many??

Notices

Question to Jo/Pepe - How Many??

Old 02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Question to Jo/Pepe - How Many??

How many Pantera's are in existence?
How many have you built that are out there?

The reason I ask, is I was telling my Father all about touring the plant last weekend, and also my Boss, and they both asked - I answered with a quick math thing, (OK I guessed) and said I think about 2000. Explaining to them how I met the MAN that built my boat.
So, how many have you built?
Trying to explain to these guys (Sea-ray type guys) why this boat is so unique. And why I'm so geeked about owning one.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its approximately 1000 built to date.

Regards,

JO
Old 02-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
How many Pantera's are in existence?
Trying to explain to these guys (Sea-ray type guys) why this boat is so unique. And why I'm so geeked about owning one.
Bouyhunter,
You cant explain that for SeaRay guys. They will never understand.

When we visit the outdoor Miami BoatShow big yacht (used boat section) my friends was very exiting about a used 60 SeaRay. I had my eyes on a used red 53 Magnum. My friends just laughing at me....

Nice to see you btw!!!

Mange
Old 02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Thanks JO! It was great you at the show. I'll give you a call soon about the throttle pod, and some of the things we discussed at the show.
Getting back to work this week has been a bear.

Originally Posted by Mange
Bouyhunter,
You cant explain that for SeaRay guys. They will never understand.

When we visit the outdoor Miami BoatShow big yacht (used boat section) my friends was very exiting about a used 60 SeaRay. I had my eyes on a used red 53 Magnum. My friends just laughing at me....

Nice to see you btw!!!

Mange
Nah, I guess you're right, Sea-Ray guys wouldn't understand.
It was great to meet you at the factory as well.
If I remember correct, you just picked up the blue 24 out of the midwest recently??
I think Pepe is right. Give it five years, and these old boats are going to be appreciating.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bouyhunter
I don't think it has anything to do with how many. I wonder if they've built more race boats than pleasure boats though. You can tell your buddy's that Pantera's are unique for many reasons. Each boat is customized by its original owner and the Nunez family. They are classic in design, simple and clean, yet tough as hell. Built like they were when offshore racing was at its peak by the family that raced them into the history books. There is always something special about a product built by a master craftsman and every Pantera is built by the owners of the company. A tribute to their quality is the fact that some of their first race boats are still out running today. These boats live higher than most peoples expectations and I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say their Pantera was their best boat. They are not just for the connoisseur, they are for bad boys too.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the1st41
Bouyhunter
I don't think it has anything to do with how many. I wonder if they've built more race boats than pleasure boats though. You can tell your buddy's that Pantera's are unique for many reasons. Each boat is customized by its original owner and the Nunez family. They are classic in design, simple and clean, yet tough as hell. Built like they were when offshore racing was at its peak by the family that raced them into the history books. There is always something special about a product built by a master craftsman and every Pantera is built by the owners of the company. A tribute to their quality is the fact that some of their first race boats are still out running today. These boats live higher than most peoples expectations and I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say their Pantera was their best boat. They are not just for the connoisseur, they are for bad boys too.

I think I agree with you on every point.
No, the Sea-ray guy's won't understand - but I want them to realize I have one of less than a thousand ever built - hand built - by the man himself.
I'm very proud to be an owner.
In a few years these boats are going to be at Barett -Jackson calling a high dollar. People are going to get bored with the old cars, or they are all going to be bought up.
The great old boats are next.
Mine isn't for sale.
I saw the build of your 41'.
That is going to be one helluva boat - invite me out for a ride when she is complete - if you don't mind me inviting myself...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the build of your 41'.
That is going to be one helluva boat - invite me out for a ride when she is complete - if you don't mind me inviting myself...
All proud Pantera owners are welcomed.
How could I keep it all for myself?
That just wouldn't be right.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Haha, I'm a sea ray owner........or maybe I should say my parents are sea ray owners and I just captain the boat and take care of all the maintenance. Might as well be mine, I can do whatever I want with it. I would just tell them they are the only go-fast manufacturer that puts a lifetime warranty on their boats for the original buyer including race-set ups. I know AT does, but they don't build race-setups.