Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24 for sale >

24 for sale

Notices

24 for sale

Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Magne - I'm still plugging along a little at a time.
Hopefully some decent weather this weekend, and maybe I can update with some pics.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Geez - it's like looking at my own boat.
I took a pic of mine last weekend after I replaced the life-line, and put it up as wallpaper on my work computer.
I've been staring at it all week, and it's been driving me nuckin' phutz that the screw in the rub-rail isn't centered on the bow. Forgive me for being so anal, I used to be a custom trim carpenter, and it was always tiny little details like this that can make the difference. I know, nobody but me would pick it out, but hey, I will pick it out.

Then, looking at this boat, I see they must have started running the rail from the same spot every time.
You dont want the screw directly in the front, as it is a stresspoint, but I would have run one on each side evenly spaced, just for looks
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
You dont want the screw directly in the front, as it is a stresspoint, but I would have run one on each side evenly spaced, just for looks
Thanks Rick
Honestly, I was wondering about that. And I've really been thinking about this - just show's how neurautic I may be to put so much thought into this.
I don't think it would actually be a stress point though, I would expect the stress to be dispersed before it would hit that high into the hull. And, a single screw through the hull/deck bond?? I don't see that causing any structural detriment.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Thanks Rick
Honestly, I was wondering about that. And I've really been thinking about this - just show's how neurautic I may be to put so much thought into this.
I don't think it would actually be a stress point though, I would expect the stress to be dispersed before it would hit that high into the hull. And, a single screw through the hull/deck bond?? I don't see that causing any structural detriment.
Just the fact that it is in a vee there, How would you back it up with a washer and nut on the backside?? or even if it werent thru bolted, I would think it would want to tear out, since the material the thread is grabbing is in a vee. Mine are all thru bolted(at least all the ones I could get to, and iI have long skinny arms, so thats most of them), I offset those front ones like 3 inches, and did the best I could to get them evenly spaced on each side.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez - it's like looking at my own boat.
I took a pic of mine last weekend after I replaced the life-line, and put it up as wallpaper on my work computer.
I've been staring at it all week, and it's been driving me nuckin' phutz that the screw in the rub-rail isn't centered on the bow. Forgive me for being so anal, I used to be a custom trim carpenter, and it was always tiny little details like this that can make the difference. I know, nobody but me would pick it out, but hey, I will pick it out.

Then, looking at this boat, I see they must have started running the rail from the same spot every time.
Everything in life has to be cost effective, when I built that boat was over 30 years ago, I used to build 2 boats per week.
I sold that boat new for $12,500.00 !
About the same it is being sold 30 years later. So stop being so picky, It is not a $200K 24'
pp.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Everything in life has to be cost effective, when I built that boat was over 30 years ago, I used to build 2 boats per week.
I sold that boat new for $12,500.00 !
About the same it is being sold 30 years later. So stop being so picky, It is not a $200K 24'
pp.
awww

come on pepe, I was trying to get all technical with the screw placement(made sense to me), you just blame it on being cheap
Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

No I am not blaming it on anything! It's just that there are so many potentially better boat builders on this board that it gets old after a while.

pp.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
No I am not blaming it on anything! It's just that there are so many potentially better boat builders on this board that it gets old after a while.

pp.
I was juss jokin' Pepe You build an Awesome boat, as can be told by my 1981 still being around, and several other late 70's and '80s boats
Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Pepe, relax - I didn't mean it that way at all.
And I was sure there was a reason.
I was more just making a note that it is identical placement on both boats from that era.
I didn't mean any offense in any way.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

I am relaxed! It bothers me when some of you criticize a $15K boat that on top of that is 30 years old and try to compare the detail to a $500K new boat.
It kind of gets ridiculuous! That is why a lot of people in the boat biz try to stay away from the board. I am just try to be the opposite, maybe I should try to also stay away.
No offense taken, I was just trying to explain the why of things.
pp.

Quick Reply: 24 for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.