Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread. >

Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.

Notices

Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last pic. for now.. Here is a shot of my Very crappy looking , however fast 10.5" tire 260z that I had when I got back into street racing after a bit more oval track racing... (see thats when you know you have an addiction problem !)
Like I said the car looked like Crap , sat up like a 4x4 but ran like a champ & Thanks to a well setup 4 link hooked really hard.
-- (60ft high 1.20's) --
The first time I took the car to the track I ran a few passes getting the bugs out before comming off the trans brake & getting on the Big Shot kit... & woops seems that I miscalculated the neccesity of whelie bars & long story short after litterly dragging what little backend the car had , wheelieing through 60ft. I had to ease out of it & when it came back down to earth it was still heading straight (despite comming down so hard that it busted the front spoiler & the Lt headlight door...) so I got back in it again & it came back up about 4ft the second time & when it settled back down that time I must have been a bit disoriented for some odd reason.. b/c I just barely scrapped the gard rail & decided it was off to the trailer & Back on the phone ordering a set of wheelie bars...

Next trip to the track & first pass I broke 1 axle in the 9" & twisted the other imediatly after letting go of the transbrake... limp back to the trailer... Back to the shop & on the phone with Mosier ordering a set of 35 spline's & a new spool... Upgrade the death wish 4pt. rollbar... Built a cage..
Drove it to town a few times in an attempt to round up some ecxtra cash & then back off to the track.. Long story short the car ran high 5's & in the 120 mph range in the 1/8 th All over the place , never making a clean pass.. (later finding out due to a bad strut in the front end causing the car to wander bad in high gear..)

Fixed the strut situation , added on to the already added on to cage , Pulled the "mild" power out of it & built a sweet 14:1 cr. 406 with a set of -12 Brodix 15 degree heads , Brad Anderson intake , Huge solid roller , Jessel shaft mounts , Pacalloy springs ect...
Then before getting it all back togather we had my first daughter , So the car thankfully got put on the back burner before it killed me !! So that & a few other hotrods between these lead me back to boats... "my justification is that the entire family car ride" However its still a very bad addiction !! Besides who ever said any of us were too smart anyways ??

See I told you the car was ugly...
Attached Thumbnails Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-datsun.jpg  

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 07-23-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comp on my bug,
Back in the late 80's ,Highshcool days, I ran a Margay Cart with Yamaha kt100 (old rotary valve) on alcohol. I ran on a dirt track and a figure 8 track up in Tulsa. I wonder if they are still there. I am going to try to find old pics,
I also had an old school s10 back in the day. I will post it up too.

Last edited by Panterafreak; 07-23-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Typo's-----Didn't want Bouy to get me!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Ok, Here is my Long gone old school s10, shaved handles, louvers and all!

a couple bikini girls

Old 07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

some of my offroad toys, Look close in the passenger seat of the rail and you'll find my 3 yrold

Just sold this Banshee in April, man I miss it!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

OK this thread is killing me!!
I sold this a few yrs back. I had some serious fun spanking big blocks with this on the street. Sold it so daddy wouldn't get in trouble. I like jummping waves better now.
Digging this up brings back the memories.
Attached Thumbnails Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-151f%5B1%5D.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-156f%5B1%5D.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-165f%5B1%5D.jpg  

Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Awesome stuff! Scotty, you're not kidding when you say it's an addiction. I'm getting bit by the race car itch bad again lately! That Z car is a freaking animal! I tried some street racing but never had any money when I was still young enough to not have anything to lose by going to the clink. So I couldn't build anything rad.

I wish I had a scanner and photos of some of my other nonsense (GSXR 750, GSXR 1100, the Torino, the '66 Impala convertible and the late model). I did have the good sense to rent a bunch of stuff rather than buy or build it... I've had the good fortune to test a late model and an ASA speed truck at Altamont, a 410 Outlaw up at twin cities speedway, a Spec Miata at Sears Point and a Speed GT Camaro at Laguna Seca. Plus I've owned and run some pretty gristly little IT cars (the flag painted RX7 and the ratty ITC 510 attached). For the record that little 510 is one of my alltime favorite race cars!

Crazy that all three of us were/are kart guys! Man you sure said it with how much bang for the buck the karts pack. Nothing comes close...

I dig the bug! I kinda glossed over it, but I grew up around bugs and read Hot Bug every month for years. My stepfather had an affliction for collecting clapped out bugs and stashing them around the farm. At worst, we probably had 15 - 20 bugs at any one time (and boats, and school busses and tractors and...) but ver few of them ever got out alive unless me or my buddy Mike got 'em going. The last one I had burned to the ground! Anyhow, a very trick looking car and definately "period correct" with the bikini chicks at the bug-outs! (Bug-ins?!)
Attached Thumbnails Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-232.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-me-510-sfr-site.jpg  

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 07-23-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Seems funny that the hard core hot rodders found the "Panteras" for boats

Here is another. Me checking out the ladder bars before cruise night. Had to use phone books to see over the dash

Oh yea. the two stage kit(big) w/ the bottle heaters ......suprize,suprize.... see ya sucker

4:56 9" w/ a spool
Attached Thumbnails Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-166f%5B1%5D.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-158f%5B1%5D.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-mvc-169f%5B1%5D.jpg  

Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

hey. If some body would buy this thing I could finish off the drive for the Pantera.
Total strip and re rig last summer.
She shoots a mean rooster
Attached Thumbnails Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-6.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-7.jpg   Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.-8.jpg  

Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Sean, love the 510's
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is great ! Yeah Tom good point , its not surprising that we all ended up with Panteras somewhere down the line... The Jet looks great ! what hull is it ? I grew up in Jets as a kid My father had a 74 Tahiti for many years & a year or 2 before I bought my first pantera I found a 73 Kona which is kinda cool b/c it was the exact same hull as the Tahiti I grew up in , they were both built in Westminster , CA in the same plant I think & out of the same mold... Sean you may even know better than me... It was a pretty cool boat even thought it had Ford power...lol.. 460 , tunnel ram w-2 4's , Bassetts , worked pump , & all the other usual... I completly went through the boat , wiring , gauges , paint & graphics , interior , ect... It didn't take me long to realize why dad upgraded to a better ridding boat after several years... If I was a rich man I would definatly have me a bad flatbottom V-drive to play with during the week when the water lays down...

Panterafreak.. I love the shot of your little boy !! Kinda reminds me of somebody... That Banshee looks quite fun...
I had a 250r quad a while back & a buddy of mine (doubleJ here on the board) had a quadracer & man we had some good times on those !!

Sean , Thats totally right about the Karts... seems like you have had quite a bit of seat time yourself... One thing I would love to take a few laps in is a World of Outlaws Sprint on dirt !!! 800-900 hp orso of Alcohol injected power in a 1,200 lbs. orso car = lots of fun & possibly a driving suit full of crap the first few laps..lol... While looking through a few pics. today I found a shot of me when I was about 3 next to my uncles 3/4 midget that I ran many "dream" laps in as a kid...

I had a pretty cool RX-7 that I wouldn't mind having back to play with... It was a Twin Turbo 93 with Greddy exhaust , Pettit intake , Ram air , Underdrive pulleys , K&N , Petter farrel supercars clutch , speedlines , ect... It would make 14 lbs. of boost & pull your eyballs out on only 1.3 liters , (or 80 cubic inches) It really impressed me more than any street car I ever owned as far as the way it performed with what you had to work with... It would easily run high 7's (1/8th) & run 180+ on top end , Handle like a dream , all with the airconditioner on & ridding in style !!

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 07-23-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.