Pantera 24 SE 1995

Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
10yrs=35K????

Just my opinion, but 50K sounds outrageous for the '05,
And 15K sounds way cheap for the '95.
Like Storm said clean with good power worth a lot more. But, no offense to the owner but it sounds like this boat needs some work. Maybe it is worth more but we have limited info.

As far as the 2005 I think that pricing is in line. Actually, it's a pretty good deal considering it was probably $70-80k new just three years ago! And if I remember right this boat is barely broken in.

You can't just look at it as a 10 year difference you have to look at the whole picture. One is 3 years old and clean as a hell and the other is 13 years old and needs work. Just my $.02.

Plus owning a boat that is very reliable vs one that constantly keeps you off the water for repairs(or stranded) is huge to me. Peace of mind is priceless!

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-09-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just called on a brand new Pantera. to have a NEW 08 with NEW EVERYTHING! top of the line everything would cost me 80k. thats with a black gelcoat. custom sun pad, upgraded exhuast.

So as far as 15k for the boat on topic. sounds like bad mechanic. I think that to have a boat you either need to have big cash to pay for repairs and have a mechanic that you can trust. If you dont he will see you as a weeks pay check and keep milking you dry because he knows that you will pay it and give him all the time in the world to do it which COSTS MONEY. Or self educate your self and start fixing it your self, if you dont know any mechanical stuff then take a class at the local college. I worked a a local cadillac dealer i had a 72 year old lady come in and want a tune up. On a cadillac it cost around 500 bucks. She actuall declined the repairs went to a local college and took the basic auto repair class.

Once you know the basic stuff then you can find anything out on the internet and plent of people that would lend a helping hand or any info that would help. Good luck

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 08-10-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I just called on a brand new Pantera. to have a NEW 08 with NEW EVERYTHING! top of the line everything would cost me 80k. thats with a black gelcoat. custom sun pad, upgraded exhuast.
Yep, they're aren't cheap but they are built and rigged exceptionally well!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97

So as far as 15k for the boat on topic. sounds like bad mechanic. I think that to have a boat you either need to have big cash to pay for repairs and have a mechanic that you can trust. If you dont he will see you as a weeks pay check and keep milking you dry because he knows that you will pay it and give him all the time in the world to do it which COSTS MONEY. Or self educate your self and start fixing it your self, if you dont know any mechanical stuff then take a class at the local college. I worked a a local cadillac dealer i had a 72 year old lady come in and want a tune up. On a cadillac it cost around 500 bucks. She actuall declined the repairs went to a local college and took the basic auto repair class.

Once you know the basic stuff then you can find anything out on the internet and plent of people that would lend a helping hand or any info that would help. Good luck
Hey guys,I dont want to sound negative,but,,,in todays market have they been selling a lot of 24s for 80k???really
Old 08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not quiet as soured now...finally got to take the boat out for about 3 hours today....luckily I got a call Saturday morning and it was ready....the boat got fixed friday just in time for my mechanic to have another tragedy which he's out again...just bad luck with families this summer...the problem was not return repairs it was getting minor stuff fixed...5 weeks for fuel pump and riser gaskets....so hopfully problem solved....15k would be low...the majors arent what I've had to work through....my winter project is having to re rig and clean the wiring up....really poor rigging eletrical, (anyone know anything about Bill who bought several hulls and rigged them in the mid 90's). I love to work on my toys and can fix or build about anything but most of the time its a lot cheaper for me to pay a mechanic than do it myself. If I'm spending 4 hours in my engine hatch after a weekend breakdown, thats 4 hours I'm not billing my clients. A winter project is different just something to do in free time. I was surprised the boat will get up and scream...the rougher it got and the harder i throttled...the smoother the ride. Seemed to turn a lot of heads too. Definitely takes some getting used to turning.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
Hey guys,I dont want to sound negative,but,,,in todays market have they been selling a lot of 24s for 80k???really
Probably not but I don't think they have been selling a lot of 24s in the last few years, even before the market took a crap. The 28 has been a much better seller for them and I'm sure with the new 28SR it will continue to do so.

To put it in perspective I think the new Donzi Classic 22 Limited Editions is around $80k with a 496.

Donzi Sheet
Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default It's About Time

Don,,
Glad to hear you have finally enjoyed the boat! It likes to be run wide open and be carefull with the Tabs! It hits hard on the side , but it's a Pantera! You need to find a Good Mechanic, Not one who works just on Deck Boats! Everyone here on the formum can help you. I was feelling bad for you, I had a few problems , but I had more fun with the boat then you would know.

Dave
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

Thanks Dave. I had Dad sick for the first two months of the season...same ailment as your Dad...we know how that ended. Two days after fathers day. Unfortunately mechanics are human too....a new boat owner jump a boat on the trailer and pinned/hit the mechanic and a tech.

Question for ya....a couple of guage issues....the wirings a mess under the dash...the Tach pegs out once started....trim gauge pegs out....and the Speedo is not working...had the speedo line hooked up water was coming out under the dash unhooked it...couldnt tell if it was a plug in type speedo...since it is a liquid filled.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered

Oh and tabs....kinda spooky when i first got in....running straight line or right turn with the tabs up. I'm dragging the starboard tab just a hair...seem to run a strait line fine and make a comfortable right....the port tab is not dragging except a hair when making a left. I was going to leave these fixed for the most part...right or wrong?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to start any rumors, or make any assumptions, but I don't think a 24' has been built in a few years.
OK, I just contradicted myself, and made an assumption.
Pepe made the comment to me in Feb. when I was at the factory that he still has the molds for the 24', but they were not at the factory, and in storage.
So, yes, I imagine it would take them a lot of work to bring out the mold and prep it to make a new build - hence the cost.
I got the impression that Pepe and JO have their sights on bigger boats and a European market.
The 28 is a proven performer.
The 36 is the next step up.
I'm sure the 41 is gonna be a monster - what's the update on that beast??

Quick Reply: Pantera 24 SE 1995

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.