Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24 Pantera vs 24 Python >

24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Notices

24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Old 09-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, you guys are a touchy bunch of boaters. Good thing the pyhon owner didn't say panteras suck or there would have been a real life lynching. Geeeesh.

All the kid said was he liked his boat, its the same hull design, it can DO what a pantera can do and you went off on him like he killed your dog and humped your old lady.

So, what EXACTLY can a pantera do that a python can not do. Be very specific here fellas. The way I see it, they both can float, move forward, backwards and if it all goes to heck, downwards. So, go ahead and educate me, I'm all ears.

You better be able to back up your bravado with good information and facts. Otherwise, you look a little foolish here.

PS, bromaguire, enjoy your boat. Your young and already beyond where most boaters I know started out so just blow off what these nancies are saying to ya and learn to be a good, safe boater. You will always run into BIGGUS DICKUS syndromme around boaters. Thats just a fact but usually, they are the ones sitting on their ( better than everyone else's) boats drinkin alone while everyone else parties together on the dock.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 182 Posts

Resale!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
wow, you guys are a touchy bunch of boaters. Good thing the pyhon owner didn't say panteras suck or there would have been a real life lynching. Geeeesh.

All the kid said was he liked his boat, its the same hull design, it can DO what a pantera can do and you went off on him like he killed your dog and humped your old lady.

So, what EXACTLY can a pantera do that a python can not do. Be very specific here fellas. The way I see it, they both can float, move forward, backwards and if it all goes to heck, downwards. So, go ahead and educate me, I'm all ears.

You better be able to back up your bravado with good information and facts. Otherwise, you look a little foolish here.

PS, bromaguire, enjoy your boat. Your young and already beyond where most boaters I know started out so just blow off what these nancies are saying to ya and learn to be a good, safe boater. You will always run into BIGGUS DICKUS syndromme around boaters. Thats just a fact but usually, they are the ones sitting on their ( better than everyone else's) boats drinkin alone while everyone else parties together on the dock.

Actually I find Pantera owners very friendly and not "BIGGUS DICKUS" at all. I've owned my boat for 3 years and I just had a friend go to the website a few weeks ago and he was shocked at how much history there was behind the boats.

There is a lot more to a boat than just floating and moving. If there wasn't we would ll be driving pontoons.

There aren't many boats in the size range that can keep up when the water gets rough AND hold together. Plenty of information and facts out there to back that up.

It was Bromaguire's very first post and he came into this forum and said his boat is EXACTLY the same hull and could do anything a Pantera could do. Now, I don't think he did this on purpose at all but some people may have taken it that way.

For the average boater they will never know the difference. For the guy that pushes the limits he definitely will. I will be the first to admit I could have bought another 24/7 boat and it would have met my expectations 90% of the time. But there has been that 10%(Lake Michigan) when I really appreciated what my boat could do. But many Pantera owners push their boats regularly and that's why they bought a Pantera. The Corvette analogy was perfect IMO.

Bottom line, not all 24/7 boats are created equal. Bromaguire a Python is a nice boat and they are fast. Go enjoy it!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

As a previous owner of a 24 python I think your all HALF full of chit. My boat handled great in the ruff.......thats when it shined. I could handle 3's......but not 4's.....never had any stress cracks. I also think its a faster boat. Started up and ran great every time. I agree the build quality is better on the pantera and the price usually reflects that.....but not comparable to a rolex.

Python raced boats too.

bromaguire - welcome to OSO, I was 24.....only 3 years ago when I bought mine and I realize what it takes to do that - much respect.

Personally I thought the cockpit layout and the dash were better on the python, but since I've never been on a 24 pantera......I'm just going by the pics. Blast away gentleman
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-python8-custom-2-.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-06-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

cockpit, dash. Original 1992
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-python4-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-06-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker

Thanks for the support. All I did was say that I liked my new boat and that it was a lot of fun. I was more or less reccomending the pantera because I knew it was built a little better than mine and if I like mine this much; one built even better would be even better to have.

I asked that question too what exactly it is that the Pantera can do that mine can't. I have had mine out in waves up to 4 or so feet and its still here so its not falling apart as some of you are immplying. I was pushing it hard thurs. in 2-3 chop and was able to take it up to a little over 70 and it felt solid to me.

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Actually I find Pantera owners very friendly and not "BIGGUS DICKUS" at all. I've owned my boat for 3 years and I just had a friend go to the website a few weeks ago and he was shocked at how much history there was behind the boats.

There is a lot more to a boat than just floating and moving. If there wasn't we would ll be driving pontoons.

There aren't many boats in the size range that can keep up when the water gets rough AND hold together. Plenty of information and facts out there to back that up.

It was Bromaguire's very first post and he came into this forum and said his boat is EXACTLY the same hull and could do anything a Pantera could do. Now, I don't think he did this on purpose at all but some people may have taken it that way.

For the average boater they will never know the difference. For the guy that pushes the limits he definitely will. I will be the first to admit I could have bought another 24/7 boat and it would have met my expectations 90% of the time. But there has been that 10%(Lake Michigan) when I really appreciated what my boat could do. But many Pantera owners push their boats regularly and that's why they bought a Pantera. The Corvette analogy was perfect IMO.

Bottom line, not all 24/7 boats are created equal. Bromaguire a Python is a nice boat and they are fast. Go enjoy it!
So in my first post I said the boats were exactly the same and could anything a Pantera could do? "I just bought a 24' Python which is the same hull as the pantera and its awesome. Its my first boat its great in rough water and hits 75mph with the 454. Lots of fun so far." My statement was a broad statement and it is correct. Are the exterior hull designs not practically the same? They may be built different but they come from the same molds. I have been pushing my boat hard and they're no stress cracks on it from before I owned it and none since I have.

Last edited by Bromaguire; 09-06-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
As a previous owner of a 24 python I think your all HALF full of chit. My boat handled great in the ruff.......thats when it shined. I could handle 3's......but not 4's.....never had any stress cracks. I also think its a faster boat. Started up and ran great every time. I agree the build quality is better on the pantera and the price usually reflects that.....but not comparable to a rolex.

Python raced boats too.

bromaguire - welcome to OSO, I was 24.....only 3 years ago when I bought mine and I realize what it takes to do that - much respect.

Personally I thought the cockpit layout and the dash were better on the python, but since I've never been on a 24 pantera......I'm just going by the pics. Blast away gentleman
I would agree with you. I've had my boat out in 3 footers and I have only been impressed so far by how well it does in the rough waters. I noticed also that quite a few 24' panteras don't come with cabins and while although mine isn't the biggest it was definatly a plus for me when I was looking for a boat.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

All 24/7 boats do not come from the same mold. They are not all built the same. I don't know how many times I need to say this.

The Python is a nice boat, but it does not have the build quality a Pantera has, period. I am not trying to be rude or knocking your boat. Baja makes a good boat too, but it's not the same quality as a Cigarette. Let's try going in the Cigarette forum and stating "My Baja can do everything a Cigarette can do" and see how that goes over? Or better yet try the Apache forum!

Yes, people did get some feathers ruffled and I knew this thread was a disaster waiting to happen. LOL I was trying to be polite in my threads but I see that didn't do any good.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bromaguire,
You will have a great time with that boat. They were built here and I see them all the time. I have several freinds that have had Python 24s over the years.
You can get all kinds of great information on this forum. Hope to see you on here.
Greg
Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
All 24/7 boats do not come from the same mold. They are not all built the same. I don't know how many times I need to say this.

The Python is a nice boat, but it does not have the build quality a Pantera has, period. I am not trying to be rude or knocking your boat. Baja makes a good boat too, but it's not the same quality as a Cigarette. Let's try going in the Cigarette forum and stating "My Baja can do everything a Cigarette can do" and see how that goes over? Or better yet try the Apache forum!

Yes, people did get some feathers ruffled and I knew this thread was a disaster waiting to happen. LOL I was trying to be polite in my threads but I see that didn't do any good.
HAHA, yeah, try that in the Cig or Apache forum, NOW THAT WOULD BE FUNNY!!!

Seriously, I don't think anyone went too rough on Bromaguire. He came to the board stating that he was young and doesn't know that much about offshore boats yet, but he loves his Python. Cool .
Having a performance boat at 21 is quite an accomplishment.
It took me until I was 24yrs before I bought a 25 Baja - and man, I thought I just entered the Offshore/Go-Fast world.
By stating he didn't know that much, I think we took it more as "we need to educate him".
I was pretty proud of my Baja at first, and then I began to educate myself more Offshore boats. Sort of funny building Offshore boats in Bucyrus, there just isn't alot of offshore racing history there - although it's not far from Lake Erie, which I don't care what you say, that can be every bit as offshore as the ocean is.
My Baja wasn't a performance boat, it didn't have the Pedigree, but it looked like a performance boat.
Hey man, it's just my opinion.
As long as you're on the water, and enjoy your boat, great! You're welcome to the party in my book.
We're all just boaters.
Even the cruisers, and ski-boats, and yachts.
Blowboats aren't boaters, neither are jet-ski's.
Enjoy your boat.

Quick Reply: 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.