Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ? >

Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Notices

Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Hey guys...

Pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question or something is blatantly and distinctly different between these two manufacturers, but I was looking to know some of the main differences between the models.

they are both 24/7 hulls...

i am rather new to the sport, so be gentle with me, lol...

what are the major differences between these boats in regards to performance or construction or other advantages?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post your question in the Superboat forum as well so you get both perspectives.
The boats are dimensionally the same 23-1/2ft long by 7ft wide with a 24°V.
I have owned both, a 1989 Pantera 24 Sport and a 1997 24 Super. Each boat has its advantages over the other.
The Superboat is lighter, faster, and has a few features that make it a little more user friendly.
The Pantera is built heavier, stronger and can take more of a beating in the rough.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO......thats like saying whats the differ between a Chevy Malibu and a BMW 5 serious .............Pantera
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Midnight Run 32
LMAO......thats like saying whats the differ between a Chevy Malibu and a BMW 5 serious .............Pantera

i expected nothing else but to get some criticism on the superboat... but that's why i posted it here! ... only an enemy will pick out the flaws ... i cant go to superboat and ask them to tell me superboat flaws and make pantera look better... that's where you guys come in..

IMO, here's what pantera has going for them over superboat in regards to the 24... little more modern looking, sexier, they typically all come with nicer interiors and nicer graphics or paint... lets be honest, aesthetics play a huge role

u can have a pile of crap that dos 80mph, or you can have a sexy vessel that does 75... the quicker boat will always win, but when you idle down the canal past the ladies and restaurants they will be looking at that sexy boat with the paint and graphics and nice interior and such...

the superboats have a very traditional old-school outdated look about them...

now as for PERFORMANCE ONLY.... what makes one more user friendly over the other as pat mentioned??

which one will handle rough water better?

would be looking at both powered by an I/O...

a newer 24 SB is a stepped bottom hull... a pantera is not if i'm not mistaken... advantages of these two different hull desgins...?

I know you guys love your panteras... i dont blame ya!! but keep it strictly objective with ffacts and experiences, IF POSSIBLE

Thanks fellas!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear what you are saying.....I haven't ridden a 24SB but i have a friend that has a BADA$$ 24 Pantera that handles the ruff incredible and it's not scared of what you throw at it. You ask anyone that doesn't own nither one of these boat and they will tell you PANTERA. The only word that explains that boat when it lands is SOLID. The lines of that boat and the way that boat sits on the water is out of hand. If you are on the market for a 24 i highly advise you to look at this one....make him an offer
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...1-24-sale.html
Old 11-26-2008, 09:57 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A bud of mine had an early 80s 24SB w/ new merc 225.
I had a 90s 24Pantera w/ BBC.
Hard to compare the 2.
IMO, the fit and finish on the Pantera will be better.
And here on LI, SB's don't get looks.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
A bud of mine had an early 80s 24SB w/ new merc 225.
I had a 90s 24Pantera w/ BBC.
Hard to compare the 2.
IMO, the fit and finish on the Pantera will be better.
And here on LI, SB's don't get looks.
kind of far detached question now...

how much worse is fuel economy of a BBC versus a EFI 2-stroke outboard?

whats the advantage of a 24/7 hull with single outboard power vs twin outboard power vs single stern drive power?

given pictures alone... yes it seems visible to me that the panteras are built with aesthetics in mind... they look more expensive, they look more fit and finished and performance luxury... whereas a superboat seems practical, simple, clean with, no bells and whistles just a bare bones bone that gets the job done

thanks everyone for all the feedback, i appreciate it.

stormrider... would you mind posting your e-mail for me? wanted to ask you a question off the board if you wouldn't mind.. or shoot me an e-mail? Thank you.. [email protected]
Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Are you not a Superboat owner?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...rd-setups.html
Do you just want to hear about Panteras?
You are going to get mostly bias opinions here in the Pantera form.
We have gone around and around here on OSO about these 24' X 7' hulls many, many times.
Maybe do a search, or post in the General discussion forum.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibby1485
kind of far detached question now...

how much worse is fuel economy of a BBC versus a EFI 2-stroke outboard?

whats the advantage of a 24/7 hull with single outboard power vs twin outboard power vs single stern drive power?

given pictures alone... yes it seems visible to me that the panteras are built with aesthetics in mind... they look more expensive, they look more fit and finished and performance luxury... whereas a superboat seems practical, simple, clean with, no bells and whistles just a bare bones bone that gets the job done

thanks everyone for all the feedback, i appreciate it.

stormrider... would you mind posting your e-mail for me? wanted to ask you a question off the board if you wouldn't mind.. or shoot me an e-mail? Thank you.. [email protected]
Shibby1485,

Look I've own/owned a few (to say the least) 24'x7's from different manufacturers. The best piece of advice I can give you is ride in them..period.
They all have trade off's.
Ultimately it's what you will like.

Superboat and Pantera are both good boats. They just happen to be the same size and can serve your needs equally for a fun family boat.
If your going to go racing ...then I would personally go with Pantera. Not that Superboat can't it's just that the Pantera is better layed up IMHO.

Remember it's not how fast you can go, but how fast you get there.

Angel
Old 11-26-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Shibby1485
now as for PERFORMANCE ONLY.... what makes one more user friendly over the other as pat mentioned??

which one will handle rough water better?

would be looking at both powered by an I/O...

a newer 24 SB is a stepped bottom hull... a pantera is not if i'm not mistaken... advantages of these two different hull desgins...?

To answer some of these questions; Just my opinions of course.
A Superboat has a more functional cabin (better layout) than a Pantera, yes even the Pantera SE.
The hatch on a Superboat gives better access to the engine since part of the back seat goes up too.
The Pantera will handle the rough better because it is heavier. The Pantera will hold up to abuse from the rough better because it is built stronger.
The step that was added to the Superboat does little if anything positive and probably is a negative for handling.
The larger strakes on the 1998 and newer Supers do probably get the boat to ride higher and faster than the older straight V but not by much.
As for an outboard powered 24X7, no to twins...

Quick Reply: Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.