Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   How about a Gathering of the Pantera's? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/204060-how-about-gathering-panteras.html)

Green Eyes 03-01-2009 01:07 PM

How about a Gathering of the Pantera's?

Being the newbe Pantera guy, I've gotten to talk to alot of other Pantera owners. People keep saying, "hope to see you" and I say, "yeah, I hope so too". Unfortunately, meetings like that usually never happen. So how about if we actually plan something?
Well, how about if we pick a date, a place and bring our Panteras together and for a weekend Fun Run?
I'll start off and propose that we meet on Lake George in upstate New York. It's within driving distance for alot of people, it's a big beautiful lake, with alot of nightlife and I think there are 4 or 5 Pantera's already on the lake.
In terms of dates, how about the weekend of July 18 - July 19?
Anyone interested? Any better dates?

TeamSaris 03-01-2009 01:29 PM

Im in if there isnt a race...either bumb a ride or bring a Pantera cousin :drink:

Clustergear 03-02-2009 01:22 AM

I am on vacation that week can I crash the gathering with a Powerplay

ar15meister 03-02-2009 08:34 AM

What about Lake Ontario?

ar15meister 03-02-2009 08:35 AM

I would be interestedno matter what, Lake George just seems like it wouldnt be "Pantera Water"....

Dr. Dan 03-02-2009 06:46 PM

:sport009:Well the Chesapeake Bay has "Pantera Water" - one of the main reasons I am buying a 28.

We can go to alot of places in the Bay.... easy on and off the I-95 Corridor.

I would be up for it as long as I am not at a Donzi Event. Priorities ya know.

Doc of the - Insolent Minx :ernaehrung004:

TeamSaris 03-02-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ar15meister (Post 2811906)
I would be interestedno matter what, Lake George just seems like it wouldnt be "Pantera Water"....

2-3s arent un-common..bot exactly rough but not calm

Green Eyes 03-03-2009 06:30 AM

Johnny,
Is there going to be a Columbus day Poker Run on Lake George this year?

TeamSaris 03-04-2009 07:00 PM

I doubt it, Id expect A lot of iron running around, but nothing organized.

rchevelle71 03-04-2009 07:53 PM

Would Love to join ya, but New York is a far tow from Miami!!

Big Time 03-05-2009 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Donzin (Post 2812762)
Johnny,
Is there going to be a Columbus day Poker Run on Lake George this year?

You should try to make it to the Sacandaga, that is not too far from you.

Green Eyes 03-05-2009 02:24 PM

I will definitely be there. Been there for the last 2 years in a 22' Donzi Classic. Can't wait to run it in something a little bigger.

TeamSaris 03-05-2009 05:24 PM

I hope to be there...all depends on the race schedule

Green Eyes 06-07-2009 06:53 PM

Well folks, this thread can now take on new meaning because we have a place and a date.
The Columbus Day weekend Poker Run on Lake George, NY is all but certain at this time. I know because I'm one of the organizers along with Performance Marine in Bolton Landing.(http://www.perfmar.com/).
The Poker Run itself will be on Saturday, October 10, 2009. The formal announcement will be made on OSO this Friday.
Anyway, I spoke to Jo (yes, Jo Nunez) on Friday and he said that if we had enough Pantera's show up that he might actually make the trip. He may also help to sponsor the event but he wants to see some Pantera's there.
So, what do you say? How many Pantera's can we get to Lake George on Saturday, October 10, 2009? Perhaps we could plan a special Pantera get together on Friday night (10/9/09). Can enough to get Jo there?
Well...what do you think?
Whose in?
I am and I know that Dr. Dan is up for it.

Elite Marine 06-07-2009 08:15 PM

Sounds like a great plan guys, hope it works out! Show those other guys what Panteras are all about.

HIMES(JAIME) 06-07-2009 08:34 PM

cool plan, it should be easy to get the 4-5 Panteras that are on lake there right? Which ones are they? If there is money involved maybe there could be a prize for the furthest Pantera traveled (Dude Sweet!). Good luck, hope to see lots of pictures. PanteralessJaime

Dr. Dan 06-08-2009 01:20 PM

:sport009: I am in as long as the Company doesn't schedule me out of town or in a Regional Meeting.

That might be a significant Event it will mark a pretty life changing anniversary for me - which is why I bought Morgan's Pantera to begin with.

Lizzy and I will plan on attending.

Danny the Cardiac Kid :ernaehrung004:

Dude! Sweet! 06-08-2009 04:59 PM

I'll send my old man down from Syracuse with a Pantera t-shirt and orders to buy you guys some beers. That's about as close as I'll come to getting in on a Family gathering in NY. :D

duunoit 06-08-2009 06:39 PM

I know you guys already have a plan to play in NY, but I think something a little more central would be better. I'm thinking something like Morehead City, Lake Lanier, Lake Hartwell, Smith Mtn. Lake. I'm a little biased, of course. I know there isn't Pantera water at most of those places. I'm going to start another thread to see where most of us are at...

IRONMAN 06-08-2009 09:42 PM

Didn't you get the memo that all meetings are to be held at the Sagamore?:drink:

Originally Posted by Dr. Dan (Post 2883351)
:sport009: I am in as long as the Company doesn't schedule me out of town or in a Regional Meeting.

That might be a significant Event it will mark a pretty life changing anniversary for me - which is why I bought Morgan's Pantera to begin with.

Lizzy and I will plan on attending.

Danny the Cardiac Kid :ernaehrung004:

VelocityRick 06-09-2009 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm IN!!!! lol

TeamSaris 06-09-2009 08:44 PM

Hey Norm....can I bum a ride with you for this if Im not working?

Green Eyes 06-10-2009 06:03 AM

Johnny,
No problem. You're in.
Norm

TeamSaris 06-10-2009 06:52 PM

Thanks Boss :drink:

Green Eyes 06-19-2009 06:20 AM

Here's the Time and Place Guys!

I am please to announce that a Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show will be held on Lake George (upstate NY), on Saturday, October 10, 2009 (Columbus Day Weekend). In addition to the Poker Run, there will also be a High Performance Boat Show with boats on display by both owners and dealers.
This years event is being sponsored by Performance Marine (www.perfmar) in Bolton Landing and Poker Run Productions, LLC. The event will be limited to the first 100 boats that register. First come, first serve. Registration must be postmarked by October1, 2009 in order to participate. There will be no day of event registration. Registration will close after October 1, 2009.
The weekend will begin on Friday evening with an informal gathering (cash bar) with DJ at the King Neptune Pub.
On Saturday, boats will gather and be on display at the Lake George Village Docks from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM. At 1:30 PM the Poker Run will begin with 5 seperate divisions of boats lead by a Pace Boat. The route will travel the length (32 miles) of beautiful Lake George, also called the Queen of American Lakes. The route will take participants up the east side of the lake via Pilot Knob (card stop 1), through the narrows (card stop 2), north to Rogers Rock (card stop 3), and return south on the west side of the lake through the narrows (card stop 4), to Northwest Bay (card stop 5) returning to the Lake George Village Docks where the card envelopes will be opened. Overnight docking will be available for participants on Saturday night at the Lake George Village docks. On Saturday evening, there will be a party (cash bar) with buffet, live band and awards ceremoney at the King Neptune Pub.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Poker hands ($1500.00, $1000.00 and $500.00* based on 100 boats. *Prize money will be prorated if less than 100 boats register based on the actual number of boats.) Awards will also be given for: Drivers Choice - Best Deep-V, Drivers Choice - Best Cat and Peoples Choice - Best in Show.
The cost is $250.00 per boat which includes entry fee for 1 boat, 1 poker hand, 1 dinner buffet ticket, DVD of the Poker Run, T-shirt and overnight docking on Saturday at the Lake George Vilage docks.
Additional information and registration forms are available at the Performance Marine website (www.perfmar.com). Click on the Lake George Poker Run link on the left side of the page once you enter the site.
In that registration is limited to 100 boats, I would encourge you to register early in that there has already been a great deal of interest in this event.
A block of rooms is being held at the Fort Willian Henry Resort (www.fortwilliamhenry.com). In order to receive the preferred rate, you must mention "The Lake George Poker Run".
If you have any questions, please call Norm Dascher, Poker Run Productions, LLC at 518-312-7478.
Look forward to seeing everyone there.

TeamSaris 06-19-2009 06:29 AM

Norm...perfmar hasnt worked in a while
www.performancemarineservice.com is the one.

Gonna be a great event!!!!!!

Green Eyes 07-20-2009 08:47 PM

Guys, you've got to come to this event now!

Originally Posted by Green Eyes (Post 2892054)
I am please to announce that a Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show will be held on Lake George (upstate NY), on Saturday, October 10, 2009 (Columbus Day Weekend). In addition to the Poker Run, there will also be a High Performance Boat Show with boats on display by both owners and dealers.
This years event is being sponsored by Performance Marine (www.perfmar) in Bolton Landing and Poker Run Productions, LLC. The event will be limited to the first 100 boats that register. First come, first serve. Registration must be postmarked by October1, 2009 in order to participate. There will be no day of event registration. Registration will close after October 1, 2009.
The weekend will begin on Friday evening with an informal gathering (cash bar) with DJ at the King Neptune Pub.
On Saturday, boats will gather and be on display at the Lake George Village Docks from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM. At 1:30 PM the Poker Run will begin with 5 seperate divisions of boats lead by a Pace Boat. The route will travel the length (32 miles) of beautiful Lake George, also called the Queen of American Lakes. The route will take participants up the east side of the lake via Pilot Knob (card stop 1), through the narrows (card stop 2), north to Rogers Rock (card stop 3), and return south on the west side of the lake through the narrows (card stop 4), to Northwest Bay (card stop 5) returning to the Lake George Village Docks where the card envelopes will be opened. Overnight docking will be available for participants on Saturday night at the Lake George Village docks. On Saturday evening, there will be a party (cash bar) with buffet, live band and awards ceremoney at the King Neptune Pub.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Poker hands ($1500.00, $1000.00 and $500.00* based on 100 boats. *Prize money will be prorated if less than 100 boats register based on the actual number of boats.) Awards will also be given for: Drivers Choice - Best Deep-V, Drivers Choice - Best Cat and Peoples Choice - Best in Show.
The cost is $250.00 per boat which includes entry fee for 1 boat, 1 poker hand, 1 dinner buffet ticket, DVD of the Poker Run, T-shirt and overnight docking on Saturday at the Lake George Vilage docks.
Additional information and registration forms are available at the Performance Marine website (www.perfmar.com). Click on the Lake George Poker Run link on the left side of the page once you enter the site.
In that registration is limited to 100 boats, I would encourge you to register early in that there has already been a great deal of interest in this event.
A block of rooms is being held at the Fort Willian Henry Resort (www.fortwilliamhenry.com). In order to receive the preferred rate, you must mention "The Lake George Poker Run".
If you have any questions, please call Norm Dascher, Poker Run Productions, LLC at 518-312-7478.
Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Welcome to Jo Nunez and PANTERA Boats http://www.panteraboats.com/index2.html as our newest sponsor for this years event. Jo told me that he is even going to try to make the trip up from Miami because he's heard so much about Lake George and would like to see some of his old friends up there.

WELCOME TO PANTERA BOATS!

IRONMAN 07-26-2009 01:46 PM

It was nice meeting you on the lake yesterday Norm, The boat looks great up close. Had some good chop to run in also.
Chris

Green Eyes 07-27-2009 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by IRONMAN (Post 2918306)
It was nice meeting you on the lake yesterday Norm, The boat looks great up close. Had some good chop to run in also.
Chris

Chris,
Great to meet you as well. Your boat looks and sounds great.
I hope that you can join us for the Lake George Poker Run on October 10th.
Norm

Pantera7 07-27-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Green Eyes (Post 2918696)
Chris,
Great to meet you as well. Your boat looks and sounds great.
I hope that you can join us for the Lake George Poker Run on October 10th.
Norm

Man !, I wish someone would organize something like that down here... Sounds like you guys are having all the fun. Let's go Joe, lets get something together for us down here? Let's get something together guys. Maybe a run from Crandon to Eliot?

Out There 07-28-2009 06:39 PM

Pantera7,
Welcome! How's your boat performing? It is one of my favorites. Very sweet set up. I looked at the map when I saw Jo would possibly be going to Lake George. Other end of the world from me!
Greg

tomcei 07-28-2009 07:10 PM

pantera7,,
You can't just come on here like that and not post some more pics of that boat:evilb:

I've been wondering where she was.:drink:

Pantera7 07-28-2009 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tomcei (Post 2920162)
pantera7,,
You can't just come on here like that and not post some more pics of that boat:evilb:

Forgive me.... Here you go.

Pantera7 07-28-2009 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by tomcei (Post 2920162)
pantera7,,

Lets try this again?

rchevelle71 07-28-2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera7 (Post 2919563)
Man !, I wish someone would organize something like that down here... Sounds like you guys are having all the fun. Let's go Joe, lets get something together for us down here? Let's get something together guys. Maybe a run from Crandon to Eliot?

I am in, thats an easy one:drink:

Pantera7 07-28-2009 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2920302)
I am in, thats an easy one:drink:

Sorry, I have a bad memory. Are you one of the boats that went to the carribean to sand bar run ?

Pantera7 07-28-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera572 (Post 2920135)
Pantera7,
Welcome! How's your boat performing? It is one of my favorites. Very sweet set up. I looked at the map when I saw Jo would possibly be going to Lake George. Other end of the world from me!
Greg

She is running fantastic. Yea, that is a bit far for a boat gathering for us.

Pantera7 07-28-2009 09:12 PM

Hang on guys. I am trying to load some more pictures.

Pantera7 07-28-2009 09:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures...............

rchevelle71 07-29-2009 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera7 (Post 2920317)
Sorry, I have a bad memory. Are you one of the boats that went to the carribean to sand bar run ?

I tried, but lost an ignition coil between Gilberts and Caribean Club, boat went back on the trailer, and I rode with Angel in the Twister. I have the Purple 24 single outboard Pantera.