Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Miami to Bimini Race >

Miami to Bimini Race

Notices

Miami to Bimini Race

Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That little boat looks like it sh*ts and gits!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that was the video I had seen... smooth as a nice sunday drive !! Well maybe not that easy but the boat was running sweet & smooth !!

Seems like I remember Jo telling me years ago that the boat had huge power in it at one time & ran well in the 90's..
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have watched this video over and over, I cant believe how close to the way my boat handles this thing does, the side to side characteristics, and the lightness of the hull comparison are amazing, the things that scared me about the 24x7 when I first drove it are apparent in this boat, althoug it has so much power, it pulls out of it way faster than mine. I zoomed in on the seat in this boat, and it looks amazingly familiar to my 3-man, which Angel got from the factory, it wouldnt happen to be the same one would it???

Anyway, if given the chance, I would drive/throttle/heck even navigate this boat to Bimini given the chance!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

Plum Loco would run in the mid to upper 80s for speed back
in 1992 with small block power. He won quite a few races with it in A-Class.

rchevelle71, Not the same 3 man bolster. Your 3 man came out of the 2000 Pantera 24' owned by a friend of mine Ron Sirriani. Plum Loco is at our factory now getting some work done to it for 2009 race season.

JO
Old 04-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Plum Loco is at our factory now getting some work done to it for 2009 race season.

JO
Is it possible to post some pics of what your doing with Plum Loco?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plum Loco would run in the mid to upper 80s for speed back
in 1992 with small block power. He won quite a few races with it in A-Class.

rchevelle71, Not the same 3 man bolster. Your 3 man came out of the 2000 Pantera 24' owned by a friend of mine Ron Sirriani. Plum Loco is at our factory now getting some work done to it for 2009 race season.

JO
Cool,

Just looked familiar, may have to get it reupholstered next year, took a beating sitting around my garage for 4 years, I'll let ya know when the time comes. Any idea where Plum loco will be racing?? I am pretty sure Scotty's Kean boat will be back out this year, would be nice to see them run together.

Rick
Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Great sound and video, but no turns?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Plum Loco would run in the mid to upper 80s for speed back in 1992 with small block power. He won quite a few races with it in A-Class.
I bet the bigger hp small block would be fun. How does it handle with that much less weight in the a$$? I know mine will get light in the bow with some trim, I'd think that small block weight would really help get the whole boat aired out.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for the complements guys, I really enjoy the boat. I have owned it for the last 5 years or so. The original owners are friends of mine and raced the boat for about 3 years 1992-1994. It was custom built with the bulkhead moved forward just behind the bolsters. This made a really large engine bay and allowed the engine to be mounted on rails and moved forward for a better weight ratio. They won several races and were very competitive using a Chevy Nascar style small block. It made 600-700 hp @ about 8,500 rpm. It ran like jo mentioned in the high 80's low 90's. They told me the other day that they had a big Hawk dry-sump engine in it at one point and the boat ran 103+ mph on a kilo run. I am currently in the process of re-doing the entire boat. I have the exhaust going through the hull instead of over as it was set up before. It is in Miami with Jo and Pepe doing some work on it. They are building a custom engine hatch and scoop for the new setup. I now have it powered by a new Chevy 525 ci bowtie tall deck stroker that makes about 650 hp. I hope to be able to attend a few races this year just for the fun of it. I have really enjoyed the Pantera, it really impresses me in the rough stuff. It seams to really fly in about 2-3 ft. seas. Jo has really been helpful for me and the previous owners. We all have nothing but great things to say about their entire family. I have some other vids of the boat that I will try to post.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Registered

There you go my memory was right.. lol.. I thought it had some major power in it at one time.. Not saying 600-700 insn't major power for a 24 b/c it is !! But 103 in a 24' Thats smokin !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.