Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Annoying porpusing.......... >

Annoying porpusing..........

Notices

Annoying porpusing..........

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironman had big power in his 24. I had the boat with a 330 and didn't notice any issues. Mirage 23 prop.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Ironman had big power in his 24. I had the boat with a 330 and didn't notice any issues. Mirage 23 prop.

HMMMM,

did you say Mirage 23??? Thats the same Best prop I am using, and what we used on Scotts 24(although his may have been a 25) Unfortunately, I think he has too much power for that
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I think I had on there. I'm going to see the boat tomorrow so I'll check. Don't remember what Chris had on it, but I'm sure it was a bigger wheel.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Its a 28 bravo 1. The prop is actually alittle too big I think. But I tried a 26 bravo yesterday and the " torque roll" was worse. I think I need to try a 5 blade prop to lift the hull out of the water more. Less drag, less roll ? Maybe? Im going to talk to Hydromotive and bblabes today to see what they say. Thanks for the advice.
I can tell you my boat HATED a stock Bravo prop. Rolled the boat to port and didn't have enough bow lift. Threw the boat all over the place, especially in choppy water.

My boat seems to like 3 blade props better. For all out speed I still haven't beat the standard Mirage(non-plus) and I have tried a lot of props. Last year I tried a Turbo 27 and it was close but then I blew out the rubber hub. I plan on testing it more this year.

The Rev4 was by far the best 4-blade prop I tried out of the box.

Try a Mirage or Mirage Plus 27 and see how it handles.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Hi guys-
Talked to BBlades today. Very nice guy Brett. He recommended something that no one had said yet......put a left hand rotation prop on the boat. With the 700 f/p torque driving the bow to the Left, the LH rotation prop should counteract that. He said that its pretty common in 27 to 29 ft fountains to have this problem when they put big power in them. Sounds reasonable. He also mentioned the hook in the hull, if I cant fix the problem with proping. That will be alittle down the road. So Ive borrowed a 26 LH bravo 1 to try tomorrow afternoon. Just to see if the boat rides straight at high speeds, then Ill find the right size prop. I just need to remember that when I shift in reverse, the boat will go forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Hi guys-
Talked to BBlades today. Very nice guy Brett. He recommended something that no one had said yet......put a left hand rotation prop on the boat. With the 700 f/p torque driving the bow to the Left, the LH rotation prop should counteract that. He said that its pretty common in 27 to 29 ft fountains to have this problem when they put big power in them. Sounds reasonable. He also mentioned the hook in the hull, if I cant fix the problem with proping. That will be alittle down the road. So Ive borrowed a 26 LH bravo 1 to try tomorrow afternoon. Just to see if the boat rides straight at high speeds, then Ill find the right size prop. I just need to remember that when I shift in reverse, the boat will go forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have already tried that, it helps, but doesnt cure it, between that and prop work though you might get rid of it.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

your sprinkling on my parade. I really need to sleep tonight!! Im growing tired of thinking about this 24 HRS a day. Looking forward to trying this prop switch tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I can move on. Ill be happy if it goes 70 without leaning, at this point.Had NO problems with 450 HP and a 23p 3 blade prop lat year. I definatly will consider trying a 3 blade if you guys think it will help.....................
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

your sprinkling on my parade. I really need to sleep tonight!! Im growing tired of thinking about this 24 HRS a day. Looking forward to trying this prop switch tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I can move on. Ill be happy if it goes 70 without leaning, at this point.Had NO problems with 450 HP and a 23p 3 blade prop lat year. I definatly will consider trying a 3 blade if you guys think it will help.....................

IMO...definitely try a 3 blade.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

550hp in my 24, liked the Mir+ best.
never tried a Mir thou.
Wasn't too fond of the B1.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered

Sorry,

If you have access to a lefty, try it, I hope it works for you.But here we go back to the 23 3 blade again ("NO problems with 450 HP and a 23p 3 blade prop lat year"), I know you need more than 23, but I think 3 blade is going to be the ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.