Notices

Engines

Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines

I another thread I noted that our engine was never winterized by the people who we paid to do it. Insurance, of course, are saying it froze before we winterized, etc. I guess I expected this. We will follow up and fight it and should get it coverred in the end. We portected engine prior to winterizartion and kept it warm.

Regardless, we will need a new engine, as it is cracked. Looking at what we might put in our 24. We have a 502. Our mechanic, for some reason does not think a 502 with an HP 500 intake will fit without a scoop. Is this true? We have an 89. Also, does anyone have any feedback on Corretti racing engines?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to easily fit the HP500 with a 1" spacer and a 3" arrestor with the X at 17.5 after I raised the hatch 2 1/4 inches. So If I removed the spacer and used a 2" arrestor and lowered the X to 17" it would just fit without the hatch raised. At absolute worst case change the intake to an Edelbrock Torker, it will be an inch shorter and work very well. Another option may be to use your current intake / induction system and it will fit for sure.

Last edited by IRONMAN; 06-12-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correct