been doing some looking and--- >

been doing some looking and---

Notices

been doing some looking and---

Old 08-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question been doing some looking and---

cant seem to find anthing other then a 28 and a 36.
does pantera make anything inbetween?
like a 30,32,33? im poking around and Pantera, sutphen and the active thunder are my top 3 choices. (checkmate as well depending what the new ones are doing) but im poking around for more of an upgrade then a 28, but not as big as a 36. the 31 sutphen and the 30 or 32 AT are available, not exactly what i want, but i can find ones close, but no panteras.
any info? pics? for sale?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Pantera makes a 24, 28 and 36. Nothing between the 28 and 36.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

And the Pantera 28 is a pretty damn big boat for a 28.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
And the Pantera 28 is a pretty damn big boat for a 28.
+1 ............. the length designation is a relative number, think of the 28 Pantera as a 32 Fountain. However the ride quality is beyond that ..... see if you can get out in a 28 for a ride before you decide.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

yea, i know the ride is great, and it is a big 28, but im also looking for something with all the good stuff in it for weekend trips. the 28 is just a tad smaller then what i want with a tad to few options that could go into a 30 or 31

i guess its eather go with a sutphen or at, or save my pennys for a 36.
if this economy ever turns a 36 wouldnt be to far out of reach
Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I think a 32 or 33 AT will give the most cabin accomodations.
A 33AT w/ 496s is about 160k.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

noyzee,

At this time we do not manufacture a 31' - 33' foot boat. Our Pantera 28' is a "big" 28' and over 30 feet with the aluminum swim platform. What kind of options are you looking for in the cabin ? We have a sink and cooler option, A/C, porta potti, flat screen TV, custom sound system, Etc. Etc. for the cabin.

We offer the Pantera 28' with a single or twin small or big blocks. Also with outboards.

We also offer the Pantera 36' model.

If I can answer any other questions for you feel free to email me at [email protected]

www.panteraboats.com

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 08-26-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
noyzee,

At this time we do not manufacture a 31' - 33' foot boat. Our Pantera 28' is a "big" 28' and over 30 feet with the aluminum swim platform.

We offer the Pantera 28' with a single or twin small or big blocks. Also with outboards.

We also offer the Pantera 36' model.

If I can answer any other questions for you feel free to email me at [email protected]

www.panteraboats.com
thanks for your reply. ive seen the 28, and it is big, and i know handling wise and everything it will be a big step from my checkmate, but i do allot of weekend trips and im looking for the handling and the space and the 28 just doesnt have the space i dont think.

maybe a custom built big single could make the space by giving me allot of storage room under the sun pad leaving the cabin open.

but im looking for something with a small side head and a few more emenities. the 36 is super sexy, but with $$ the way it is, its a bit out of reach for me at my age. maybe a used one.

either way you make one hull of a boat!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by noyzee
yea, i know the ride is great, and it is a big 28, but im also looking for something with all the good stuff in it for weekend trips. the 28 is just a tad smaller then what i want with a tad to few options that could go into a 30 or 31

i guess its eather go with a sutphen or at, or save my pennys for a 36.
if this economy ever turns a 36 wouldnt be to far out of reach
I understand completely .... there is another way to look at it. I used to be a bigger twin guy including a 38 Top Gun however I find the simplicity of running a single 28 right now in today's economy with all the simpler maintenance lesser investment and towing ease a real benefit. With today's prices you could be a player right now with a used 28 and in a couple years sell to trade up to the 36 where you really want to be anyway. You have a good chance at coming out even or possibly better $ in a couple years.

It really doesn't matter how big you go, you will always want faster or bigger until you get to be an old guy like me
Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikeb4
I understand completely .... there is another way to look at it. I used to be a bigger twin guy including a 38 Top Gun however I find the simplicity of running a single 28 right now in today's economy with all the simpler maintenance lesser investment and towing ease a real benefit. With today's prices you could be a player right now with a used 28 and in a couple years sell to trade up to the 36 where you really want to be anyway. You have a good chance at coming out even or possibly better $ in a couple years.

It really doesn't matter how big you go, you will always want faster or bigger until you get to be an old guy like me
yea, however my little mate gets me out on the weekends, does what i need for now and its bought and paid for so my next boat will be a big upgrade in space, speed etc, and i love the pantera, sutphen and AT quality, look and personal attention to each detail.
if i cant find the 31-33 for now i will keep my 26 and keep saving my penny's