Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
So what are you guys using to attach fenders? >

So what are you guys using to attach fenders?

Notices

So what are you guys using to attach fenders?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what are you guys using to attach fenders?

Since the cleats are a little different than what I'm used to, what do you guys use to attach without scratching the sh$t out of the paint? Pepe suggest plastic carabiners.....anything else? Sorry....rookie question.

Chad
Old 04-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

I try to attach them to what I'm tied against!
Attached Thumbnails So what are you guys using to attach fenders?-p8041346.jpg   So what are you guys using to attach fenders?-p8041351.jpg  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you can alway's install some mushroom pop up cleat's made for fender's only
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

2 half hitches to any rail on the boat.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replys...especially Mike...very insightful. Perhaps I should clarify...I'm dry stacking so I basically am looking for a quick way to attach fenders as I'm pulling into the marina or stop overs/lock dam and have them drop over the side and the right height. Does that make more sense? It would be nice if I had one steading parking space, but I'm looking for a quick connect way to attach fenders when pulling into a bar with 5 drunk idiots in the boat who will probably be helpless. Thx.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

the mushroom cleats will be the fastest and easiest when coming into a situation like that. They are just the most work to install. You'll need to mark each fender so you know which cleat it goes into.

The boat really only needs 2-3 fenders to hold it off the dock, from the fairing back. I wasn't into putting more holes in the boat, so i had about 8ft of line on each fender. I would hang one on the passenger grab rail, and one on the rail around the sun pad. But I'd spend 5-8mins making sure it was tied up properly, and catch up to everyone later.

Are you pulling up to floating docks or fixed docks?
If its fixed docks, you'll be re-adjusting your lines constantly no matter what.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I like the quick pin cleats. When your not using them you can barely see them. The mushroom cleats stick up off the surface kind of high. Here is a pick and link of what I'm talking about: http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...&p=13744&c=222
Attached Thumbnails So what are you guys using to attach fenders?-kryptonite-015.jpg  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

When I had my 28, I installed mushroom cleats for the stern fenders. It was too difficult to mount them on the sides, so I just made due. I also installed the bigger Stainless Marine Recessed Cleats at the stern and bow with an actual small cleat in the middle. Like the bottom 2 in this link http://www.stainlessmarine.com/recessed.htm
I liked them much better.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Registered

Big 4 inch suction cups. You can get them at the craft store.

That way you can have a few smaller bumpers tied to the suction cups that anybody can put on to at least get you tied up, then when you get the drunks out of the boat and have some room you can get out your big bumpers and properly set things. I have a few tied to some of those flat 'Hull Hugger' bumpers for quickie get-em-outs. Then just swap them once I can get the big ones out.

Last edited by c_deezy; 04-12-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jdub
I like the quick pin cleats. When your not using them you can barely see them. The mushroom cleats stick up off the surface kind of high. Here is a pick and link of what I'm talking about: http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...&p=13744&c=222
Quick pins are what i was thinking of, not mushrooms.
I was on a 41apache that used pins for dock lines.

And i like the suction cup idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.