24 Pantera in Lake Norman Are

Notices

24 Pantera in Lake Norman Are

Old 10-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 Pantera in Lake Norman Are

Who has the 24 red and white pantera with a hood scoop in lake norman. I was traveling on 150 today (Saturday) and saw it heading east while I was heading to my brothers, and then saw it again around 5:30 heading west. Anyone know who's boat it is. I have a red and white 24 too. Nice to see another pantera in the area.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

That is Ben's new (to him boat). I sent him the link so hopefully he'll post up some info on it.

here is a little vid of it running a few weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Wx83xdKxk
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Courtholl
Who has the 24 red and white pantera with a hood scoop in lake norman. I was traveling on 150 today (Saturday) and saw it heading east while I was heading to my brothers, and then saw it again around 5:30 heading west. Anyone know who's boat it is. I have a red and white 24 too. Nice to see another pantera in the area.
Hello Courtoll,

Yes, its my boat. Iv'e Been looking for a while.
1979 Pantera Sport in very good condition.
This is the 24 that was on this site for sale recently.
I swapped to newer style logos on the sides.

The motor is a built 454, bored 60 over & stroker crank makes 496ci. Patriot aluminum heads, h beam rods, srp pistons, comp roller cam, team g high rise intake. 850 double pump, MSD ignition. Dual gel batteries. All fresh. It sounds & runs great even though the risers are stock mercruiser.
The outdrive is a Bravo one, drive shower, 27P quicksilver 3 blade.

It also has full hydraulic steering to the wheel which is pretty cool. Dana 30" tabs are too long in my opinion but they are brand new and will leave them as is.

Did you run one of the "Fun Runs" a few years ago?
Started at Exit 36 Grill???? If so I've seen your red 24. VERY nice!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

double-post on my part

Last edited by forabeer; 10-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

double post - sorry
Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Engine idle a few weeks ago before I swapped the logos . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vr4k7TIevk
Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Hey Ben. My wife and I were so shocked to see another Pantera in the area. Looks basically the same as ours. Ours is out of commision while we have a new engine built. We have a 496 stoker being built too, which should be ready soon. We have the same set up as you with twin hydraulic steering and the larger tabs.

How fast do you run with that engine? Boat looks great! Who did the pantera logo for you? We have been wanting to update ours too.

That was our boat in the Fun Run about 3 or 4 years ago. We will have the boat ready for next season. Where do you live in the area? Do you drop it in by Queens landing? We will have to meet up out on the lake some time. Would look pretty cool to have two red Panteras running together.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Courtholl
Hey Ben. My wife and I were so shocked to see another Pantera in the area. Looks basically the same as ours. Ours is out of commision while we have a new engine built. We have a 496 stoker being built too, which should be ready soon. We have the same set up as you with twin hydraulic steering and the larger tabs.

How fast do you run with that engine? Boat looks great! Who did the pantera logo for you? We have been wanting to update ours too.

That was our boat in the Fun Run about 3 or 4 years ago. We will have the boat ready for next season. Where do you live in the area? Do you drop it in by Queens landing? We will have to meet up out on the lake some time. Would look pretty cool to have two red Panteras running together.
Thanks!

Honestly, as far as top speed, I don't know. Fiance starts screaming at 65
On the Toys For Tots Run we did 70-71 @ around 5100rpm with 50 gallons of gas and 540lbs of people. I am guessing 75 or 76 but we'll see. Old Nordskog speedo with a $200 pick-up.
No GPS. The motor is pretty strong and the owner/builder claimed around 600hp. I don't think its quite that much.
Maybe with the expensive open exhaust that I couldn't afford.

Also on the Tots run that was with little to no trim.
I just need to get more seat time and play with trim & tabs.
The previous owner raised the x-dimension slightly and the
prop sits a little higher with the bravo versus the TRS.

My plan is to ditch the scoop but that is a winter project as the hatch will not close without it due to the high rise intake.

I did the Pantera logo myself. I have a sign cutter here at work. Eventually I will get a printed decal but the one I did looks great for now. Went with sunfire yellow eyes because the green and red clashed. Didn't look good to me. Someone has complimented the boat every time out so far. Pretty cool.
Send me an email at bplunket@steelerubber . . . dot com and I'll send some pics. Turned out good!!!

We live off of 150 close to the BoatRack. Mountain Creek area.
Not on the water but right across the street.
Have been launching at Pinnacle Access which is 3 miles away.

We will definetetly have to do some cruising next spring.

Thanks again,
Ben
Old 10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

Forabeer, we were on the LKN FunRun with you guys last weekend. Congradulations on your new boat......it looked like it ran real well and took the chop awesome. I've always liked Panteras.

Cheers-
Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Forabeer, we were on the LKN FunRun with you guys last weekend. Congradulations on your new boat......it looked like it ran real well and took the chop awesome. I've always liked Panteras.

Cheers-
Thanks X-Driver!
Which boat? Sorry we did not stay for lunch but the breakfast was great and so was the run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.