28 for sale in TN >

28 for sale in TN

Notices

28 for sale in TN

Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
Storm buddy I just would hate to see another guy buy a 'project' that never gets finished.

I dont comment much or post much but I have a bit of knowledge on this subject lol.

I have seen that happen alot on these boards. Guy buys boat...all pumped for what he is going to 'do'....realizes what he got himself into...boat is for sale 9 months later.

Buying the boat is the cheap and easy part. Getting it running and then KEEPING it running is the tough part.

How many times have we heard of a guy on these boards buying some boat and then blowing it up the FIRST time out and then having BS problems with engines, gremlins and all the rest and losing time and money and hair.

I would just hate to see that happen to SLP.

My advice to him is what it has always been. Buy a boat that is nice, runs, leaks down well and has good history. Have 20k tucked away for when the grenade detonates. Rinse...Repeat.

I nearly bought a 28 apache that had sunk. The owner knew but never disclosed. I got it surveyed and voila. Saved myself alot of money and heartache. Doubled my budget and bought F1-71 which is one of the better single engine pantera's. Drove to Ohio 3 times. Met the owner, engine builder Tony Bischoff who did a leakdown test with me in the bilge with him and got it surveyed.
I hear you AR, and im all ears. As it is i think the owner has changed his mind about selling.
I was once told that always plan on a boat needing new power. I may just keep looking for the next single Io 28 that pops up.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice to him is what it has always been. Buy a boat that leaks
Why would he buy a boat that leaks

Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Yep. So you will take what for yours? lol. I got a few more feelers out for some other boats. As it stands the owner of the TN 28 has not yet called back after i spoke with him the fist time. He was on the fence about selling when we first spoke. So we will see.

YES i love your boat AR, best looking one ever.
Mine isnt for sale.

I am keeping it until step up into a 32-36 Skater; I want to go really fast. Then I might sell it or might keep it.

Got to buy a cottage first lol. I am sick of trailering. I would enjoy my boat alot more if I had it in a boathouse.
Maybe one like my buddy......launch ramp, lifts, 93 octane, full shop, etc. He changed it around to fit his new boat, 36 Nortech Perfect Storm. But still kept the cig and scarab!

Last edited by ar15meister; 02-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

How many times have we heard of a guy on these boards buying some boat and then blowing it up the FIRST time out and then having BS problems with engines, gremlins and all the rest and losing time and money and hair.
That's the most fun part of this site!

...Buy a boat that is nice, runs, leaks down well and has good history. Have 20k tucked away for when the grenade detonates. Rinse...Repeat.
You can't say that in this thread!!! You'll scare off all the buyers!!!

Sorry, can't help myself today.
All these threads are Dejavu....

And AR... I know what you're preaching... been there/done that. But no one ever wants to believe it.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I hear you AR, and im all ears. As it is i think the owner has changed his mind about selling.
I was once told that always plan on a boat needing new power. I may just keep looking for the next single Io 28 that pops up.
you should have bought the boat with the purple 6 pack, provided it all checked out. That boat was given away.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
That's the most fun part of this site!

You can't say that in this thread!!! You'll scare off all the buyers!!!

Sorry, can't help myself today.
All these threads are Dejavu....

And AR... I know what you're preaching... been there/done that. But no one ever wants to believe it.
I got lucky. Mine ran for 2 years before I blew it up.

Bad part was that I blew it up in a poker run...the first one my dad ever ran with me.

Actually the second time he ever got in "that stupid phucking boat" as he likes to call it.

lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I got lucky. Mine ran for 2 years before I blew it up.

Bad part was that I blew it up in a poker run...the first one my dad ever ran with me.

Actually the second time he ever got in as he likes to call it.

lol.
Too bad "that stupid boat" kicks azz...
Right way to do this game is to have spares.
Extra drive and engine.
So when one goes, you dont lose much time.
Learned that from an old apache friend.

Last edited by wild willy; 02-19-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you should have bought the boat with the purple 6 pack, provided it all checked out. That boat was given away.
By the time that six man was listed and i went and looked at local saber, the pantera sold. I called on the way home after looking at the Saber cause i would have rather had a pantera

The guy selling the 6 man pantera was really nice and he said it was going to NJ to be a race boat again?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Too bad "that stupid boat" kicks azz...
Right way to do this game is to have spares.
Extra drive and engine.
So when one goes, you dont lose much time.
Learned that from an old apache friend.
that would be ideal.

Last edited by wild willy; 02-19-2011 at 08:02 AM.