28 on ebay.  What's it worth? >

28 on ebay. What's it worth?

Notices

28 on ebay. What's it worth?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 28 on ebay. What's it worth?

Someone has an 02 28 listed on ebay right now with no reserve. Have a buddy that's interested in it. He wants me to find out fair market value of this boat so he knows what to bid. If anyone knows the boat personally feel free to comment too.

Any input appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/28-Pa...11edf1fd#v4-36
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it. It was up for sale on ebay or some other site a while back, I remember the paint/setup. Hard to say what $, if I had to guess I would say mid 50's. Thats just a guess though, not sure what they are going for this year. I know the twin 496 boat sold this spring but no idea $ on it either.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

nice looking boat. salt water boat tho... its for sale on craigs list for 47k i highly doubt that if it doesnt get close to his asking price the auction will go full term. you will see it end early due to "item no longer avilable" . gauge bezels are corroding a little bit but other than that looks very clean. what are comparables selling for.. 29 fevers, sunsations...? in this market 47k seems a little on the high side. mid 30's all day long in my opinion
Old 06-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mid 30's? Wow, I guess the rumor that the boat market has improved a bit are wrong. I would have thought it would be a good buy in the mid 40's, but maybe I am dreaming. Non Merc power though, and if its got some detail issues, maybe you are close IDK.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low 40's would be a good price if it checks out, 30's is crazy, it has the trailer, twins, and is relatively clean.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Low 40's would be a good price if it checks out, 30's is crazy, it has the trailer, twins, and is relatively clean.
I was hoping you would see this thread. Your opinion of the value was going to give us a good idea.

Like you I thought the twins might add some value too. Non Merc power, but twins none the less.

I don't think my potential buyer is overly spooked by the saltwater use.

Buck
Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

I think anything under 45 is a great price.Would be concerned about who did the motors though.The trailer is not included and no way that trailer is worth 4500.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
I was hoping you would see this thread. Your opinion of the value was going to give us a good idea.

Like you I thought the twins might add some value too. Non Merc power, but twins none the less.

I don't think my potential buyer is overly spooked by the saltwater use.

Buck
Twins can go both ways, personally, I would prefer a big single, but some prefer the extra motor to get home just in case. Didnt realize the trailer is not included. I would say no more than low 40's if no trailer, and definitely get the motors checked out. Salt is not a big deal if cleaned up properly after running.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Twins can go both ways, personally, I would prefer a big single, but some prefer the extra motor to get home just in case. Didnt realize the trailer is not included. I would say no more than low 40's if no trailer, and definitely get the motors checked out. Salt is not a big deal if cleaned up properly after running.
Im with Rob. Im not skard of any salt boats as long as its taken care of. Actaully i find most salt boats are better taken care of. Most guys wash the boat before and after. Then pickle the engines. Going for a ride in salt is way more work and that tends to keep done on take it out beat it up and toss it back on the trailer.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Does not come with the trailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.