Project Black 24 From Miami >

Project Black 24 From Miami

Notices

Project Black 24 From Miami

Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Black 24 From Miami

Well idk who remembers my story from a few months back but i bought the black Pantera 24 from Miami and brought it home and let me tell you it has been one problem after the next with this dam boat.. After the motor blew on my first ride out, i looked at a few other 24's in the area and saw that the dumbass who built mine totally eliminated the steering console and it was totally uncomfortable to drive. So i decided to fab one up and glass it. Brought the boat to Frankie at Fiberglass Plus in Point Pleasant and he totally reworked my old dash. While we were at it, we decided to make some foot wells and blow through the front bulkead and recess them. He fixed some rot while it was apart. Repainted and new non- skid, I thought the boat was ready for its re-assembly. The motor is still at the builder and we are estimating 700- 725. So with all that power in a little boat, i needed to make sure it could handle it... well another can of worms.. I started poking around the back well the preivous owner had made platforms covering the stringers and needless to say, they were all rot. So I cut them out. Next i found huge air pockets on the outsides of both stringers... i opened them up and sure enough, they were wet. Dug a little further and found no wood up by the tank. I called Frankie back over and he said cut out the floor... well I did and guess what... All rot all the way up to the cabin, so here are some pics and ill keep everyone informed..
Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

bummer.... so are you going to continue with the project or abort and look for something else?
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

GEEZ!!!! How much do you have into this thing so far?
Registered

Totally contiue, that last pic is the foam from under the tank. All the rotted stuff is out and the grinding has begun already.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Looks like most of everything that can be wrong is being take care of... I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to see how she turns out and runs.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice work on the foot wells. I did the same thing
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
GEEZ!!!! How much do you have into this thing so far?
lol By the time its done i could have bought a new boat!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Neat project! A little off topic, but what the hell is going on with the boat next to yours with all the blue verticle tape???
Old 10-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Neat project! A little off topic, but what the hell is going on with the boat next to yours with all the blue verticle tape???
That was a one off boat from the Bahammas, they were making a scale model of it to try and sell some here, idk what happened with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.