any 24's or 28's for sale??

Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Previous post from the Pantera basher himself

TexomaPowerboater :
Begin quote

" [Biggest differences I see are:
1) 28 Apache is a heavier boat than 28 Pantera by about 500 lbs in a twin setup. I know the 28 Apache's weigh in at 7,000lbs, I believe the pantera 6500. The newer 28 apaches do weigh a lot less and can be run with a single, but a newer one would be alot more than an AT
2) Cockpit in the pantera is bigger than AT and apache. All are big enough to overnight in.
3) Bilge in the pantera is bigger than AT and apache. AT has made like 2 28's with twins, one with sbc's; they are designed more for single engine applications.
4) Cabin in apache and AT are bigger than the pantera, and both have significantly more headroom. AT also has a head while the apache and pantera do not.
5) Freeboard in Apache and AT are both higher than the pantera.
6) Only 60-70 28 apache's ever made.

I should be able to say a little more when I take delivery of my 28 apache in a week or so. I've heard mixed things on the comparison of ride. The guy I'm buying mine from also had a 28 pantera with triple OB's (PowerplayDave). He thought the apache was a much better ride; he said the pantera rode on the water and the apache crushed the water. But of course he was selling me the boat...............so who knows. You can't go wrong with either. I wanted a 28 pantera or saber, but ended up finding a great deal on a 28 apache. So in the end - I guess the money was what mattered most between the two boats If money was no object - I'd have the pantera because they've made alot of them for a long time and have and continue to have success both on and off the race course. The company only made two boats the 24 and 28 up until just a few years ago. I think apache is best know for its 41 warpath, pantera - 28 and 24, saber - 28 and 41.] "

End quote

Just as I figured. He wanted a Pantera......lol

Last edited by tomcei; 05-03-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang Tomcei are you really taking delivery of a scalp taker? You ready for all the rumors and other scandalous inuendoes? LOL. Seriously though, if you did buy one where is it from? Just curious if it was the one I saw a few weeks ago.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Dang Tomcei are you really taking delivery of a scalp taker? You ready for all the rumors and other scandalous inuendoes? LOL. Seriously though, if you did buy one where is it from? Just curious if it was the one I saw a few weeks ago.
NO......This is a post that Tex posted just before he purchased his 28. back in 2007. It clearly shows his desire for a Pantera. Of course now all he does is bash them.

I happen to like my boat just the way it is. Never really though about slamming some other boats just because I don't like them as much as mine.
Good thing there is Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream out there.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh... didn't see the quote when I first read it. Either way fuk it! Both are damn cool rides.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the funniest thing I've read in a bit. Thanks for the highlight action !!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
Previous post from the Pantera basher himself

TexomaPowerboater :
Begin quote

" [Biggest differences I see are:
1) 28 Apache is a heavier boat than 28 Pantera by about 500 lbs in a twin setup. I know the 28 Apache's weigh in at 7,000lbs, I believe the pantera 6500. The newer 28 apaches do weigh a lot less and can be run with a single, but a newer one would be alot more than an AT
2) Cockpit in the pantera is bigger than AT and apache. All are big enough to overnight in.
3) Bilge in the pantera is bigger than AT and apache. AT has made like 2 28's with twins, one with sbc's; they are designed more for single engine applications.
4) Cabin in apache and AT are bigger than the pantera, and both have significantly more headroom. AT also has a head while the apache and pantera do not.
5) Freeboard in Apache and AT are both higher than the pantera.
6) Only 60-70 28 apache's ever made.

I should be able to say a little more when I take delivery of my 28 apache in a week or so. I've heard mixed things on the comparison of ride. The guy I'm buying mine from also had a 28 pantera with triple OB's (PowerplayDave). He thought the apache was a much better ride; he said the pantera rode on the water and the apache crushed the water. But of course he was selling me the boat...............so who knows. You can't go wrong with either. I wanted a 28 pantera or saber, but ended up finding a great deal on a 28 apache. So in the end - I guess the money was what mattered most between the two boats If money was no object - I'd have the pantera because they've made alot of them for a long time and have and continue to have success both on and off the race course. The company only made two boats the 24 and 28 up until just a few years ago. I think apache is best know for its 41 warpath, pantera - 28 and 24, saber - 28 and 41.] "

End quote

Just as I figured. He wanted a Pantera......lol
Yep, originally I did want a pantera. That determination was made after reading all the overhyped BS about pantera's on this forum and wasn't based on a lot of real experience with the two boats. I hadn't even touched the apache when I made that post. Lots of information out there on the 28 pantera. You guys have your own forum and the company only built two different boats for 30 years. Not a whole lot out there on the apache cause not many made. After test driving a pantera, and then buying my apache that all changed. You learn a lot after driving an offshore boat for 4 years. Most people don't have a clue about 28 Apaches and since that information was missing when I was looking, I think its a good idea to throw it all out there so people can research the two different boats. I sure wish that information was out there when I was looking.

I don't hesitate to point out a boats flaws. My intention is to make the boat better, not piss you guys off. I mean really how many of you actually like the fact that the guts of the helm are exposed to the cockpit? Don't you think there is some room for improvement there? When I research a boat I'm really not interested in positive comments. If I did I'd just go straight to the builders website. How the hell is the builder supposed to improve on his product if you can't provide constructive criticism?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 05-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

I don't hesitate to point out a boats flaws. My intention is to make the boat better
I doubt the manufactures of any boat are taking notes.
Everything you complain about with the Pantera has never been a problem for me. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a flaw. Certainly "everything" could be improved to some degree , that goes for your Apache as well!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

if i wanted a cabin cruiser with 8 feet of headroom and storage for a small army i would have bought one
Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really Texoma, comparing these two boats??? It's like your comparing your boat to a baja. You can't compare them, but you talk like Panteras are garbage. These two boat builders are legends with excellent reputations (performance wise). I have a Pantera, but love Apaches. If I had an Apache, I would still love Panteras. I would take either boat and prob be extremely happy.

I would love to have your boat, but am not in the market. however, there have been plenty of 28 Panteras that I would love to have too. I could point out plenty of things I don't like about your boat, but that would be disrespectful and not really relevant; just nit picky. The Panteras do seem to sell quicker.

Anyway, would never think of going on the apache board and talk **** on their boats. Really not cool to do here, since both boats have excellent reputations. You know, when a Python guy posts on this board, the Pantera guys are gracious and do not talk smack to point out any differences, short comings, etc. We show respect and help them out in any way we can. Not saying Python is not a good boat, but there are differences that could be pointed out. No need to, as the Pantera guys are always ready to lend a hand and give positive feedback. Hell, I almost bought a python.

Just kind of pisses me off when someone talks smack, just to talk smack. Not the first time I have seen you do it. Don't really care that you do it, but feel you are out of line here. Go talk smack on Panteras on the Apache board. I would actually be interested in what the Apache boys would say.