Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Looking for pantera >

Looking for pantera

Notices

Looking for pantera

Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

yes.... wanna buy one?? or can i interest you in two???
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
yes.... wanna buy one?? or can i interest you in two???
I have to wait on a rough water boat I have a 4 year old that I take boating and I would never get to use the boat like it's supposed to be
Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
I have to wait on a rough water boat I have a 4 year old that I take boating and I would never get to use the boat like it's supposed to be
Mike my kids grew up going fast . My six year old rides 90+ at least once a day when boating and has for the last two years . Every time I let off the throttle he looks at me and ask why I'm slowing down . My daughter who is now twenty grew up loving to go fast and she is crazy as hell and loves to push the limits , however last time i did a top speed run she said she was over it and just liked to cruise now . That Might have been the bug that exploded on the seat right beside her face . LOL !
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Mike my kids grew up going fast . My six year old rides 90+ at least once a day when boating and has for the last two years . Every time I let off the throttle he looks at me and ask why I'm slowing down . My daughter who is now twenty grew up loving to go fast and she is crazy as hell and loves to push the limits , however last time i did a top speed run she said she was over it and just liked to cruise now . That Might have been the bug that exploded on the seat right beside her face . LOL !
I understand going fast that's not the problem . The problem is I would be going fast in the ocean in 3 to 5 footer's jumping from wave to wave at 60 mph
that put's a beating on an adult let a lone a 4 year old kid .

when I had my 38 sonic and a friend of mine with a 8 year old had a 36 apache and we went out cruising in 3 to 4 footer's running at 60 mph the wife never stop screaming at him and the kid was bouncing all over the place " not a fun run "
Now in lake water doing 90+ mph is no problem because your not launching the boat every other wave and taking a beating .

and since I owned a 2005 28 I no how it ride's in 3 to 4 footer's at 60+ mph " it's flying " all the time
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
and since I owned a 2005 28 I no how it ride's in 3 to 4 footer's at 60+ mph " it's flying " all the time
but i bet you had a smile on your face the whole time!! how did it ride compared to your 35 outlaw and 38 fountain?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea that make since but I spend 95% of my time raising hell in the inter coastal . Go to a lake every once in a while but the ICW is way calmer and more predictable
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
but i bet you had a smile on your face the whole time!! how did it ride compared to your 35 outlaw and 38 fountain?
you can't compare the bigger boats to the 28 pantera .
the 35 outlaw ran great in 3 to 5 footer's and the 38 sonic I had out a few time's in 5 to 7 footer's both cruising in the 50 to 60 mph range . the outlaw in the same 3 to 5 footer's would stay in the water more then the 28 . and the sonic even better ,
the 28 was a fun boat but it was a driver's boat in anything over 3 footer's . the 28 was blast and sometime's the 35 or 38 got boring in 3 to 4 footer's but the pantera was action packed in that water .
I went out with jo in some nice 6 footer's one day and had to tell him to slow down because by short's where down by my knees "
" from leaning against the bolster going up and down with every big wave we where airborne off of " you could count the seconds in the air we where flying

also the 28 was easier to trailer around then the 35 or 38