Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
X dimension for 24 >

X dimension for 24

Notices

X dimension for 24

Old 03-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok good im glad im not the only one. Not all templates come with a jig?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zavier24
So you say that the pad is better for the flats as opposed to 3 to 4 on the ocean side? I ask cause I thought it was worse in flats due to the friction on the water with the pad. What were yours speeds looking like before you did what you did to the pad? Have any pics of what it is that you did?
No, the pad might be a good thing in really high seas but I doubt it's that great in the flat/chop.

I think there's some pics in my Pantera Racing thread.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Tomas is being modest , His 24/7 has set the precedence for all 24/7's being that he has done over 80 with only a 496 . I think Tomas builds missiles in the UK for his regular job and used that technology to reshape the bottom of his boat .
The delta pad is beter then no pad at all but not as good as a flat pad parallel to the bottom of the boat . The delta pad has a slight rocker shape to it and thats what causes the porpoise in flat water . In chop, slop or at full speed it will ride fine . Mine felt great at full speed as long as the water was nasty but if it was slick out it would scare the $hit out of you .
If your to the point of cutting your transom you need to save bottom mods for next winter and keep moving forward .
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Tomas is being modest , His 24/7 has set the precedence for all 24/7's being that he has done over 80 with only a 496 . I think Tomas builds missiles in the UK for his regular job and used that technology to reshape the bottom of his boat .
The delta pad is beter then no pad at all but not as good as a flat pad parallel to the bottom of the boat . The delta pad has a slight rocker shape to it and thats what causes the porpoise in flat water . In chop, slop or at full speed it will ride fine . Mine felt great at full speed as long as the water was nasty but if it was slick out it would scare the $hit out of you .
If your to the point of cutting your transom you need to save bottom mods for next winter and keep moving forward .
Hahaha

I have done even more work on the bottom now and hopefully I'll gain a mph or two.

And it's Sweden, not the UK
Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Registered

I might have to agree with OCCJoe about Tomas hahaa
Tomas I found your thread but none of the pictures were popping up I don't know why. But I guess you must have done something right down there to get the results you've gotten! I would love to see some pics or videos of the boat running
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

And the hook is where exactly on the hull, the pad itself?
Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

And the hook is where exactly on the hull, the pad itself?
Not hook ( Rocker ) ! Put a long straight edge along the bottom of the boat and you will see what we are talking about . Here's Tomas's page he's got a few videos of his boat running https://www.youtube.com/user/tommmas1979/videos . Tomas I think when your done we need to splash that hull
Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered

I might have to agree with OCCJoe about Tomas hahaa
Tomas I found your thread but none of the pictures were popping up I don't know why. But I guess you must have done something right down there to get the results you've gotten! I would love to see some pics or videos of the boat running
Yeah, I linked those pics from Facebook for some reason and it's not working any more.

I put in some of the pics and a few new ones a while back:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/3864589-post70.html
Old 03-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Ok great will do that tmm to see about the hook and thanks for the pics guys. I can't wait till tmm so I can try and find out everything I need to find out. If all goes well and I don't fall asleep after work in the morning it should be a productive day since I'm also painting the boat by Tuesday
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey z. I'm going to drill out my holes and cut for the drive in a minute here.

I've decided to go with a conservative 17" x dimension.

I also have a paper template and after buying the jig, I see why It's a "must" for properly drilling and cutting the hole.

If you want the paper template, shoot me your addy and I'll send it to you for free.

Later bro, rob.

Last edited by vintage chromoly; 04-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.