Finally started working on my 24. >

Finally started working on my 24.

Notices

Finally started working on my 24.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
first glance i didn't like mine that high either, but like i said if it makes the Pantera Historical Society happy...of course i have 2 months work to make mine look as good as yours did before you started on it...
Unfortunately with a boat project you just can't recover part $$$ investment let alone labor, its pretty crazy actually. What really kept me on track was looking back through this thread a couple times using the pictures as motivation, it helped keep me moving forward even if I only had an hour to work, it was one hour closer to completion. And the good news is when all done I can sell it for 20% of parts and labor.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel like that now but my saving grace is when i am done i will be able to say "i built that" rather than "i bought that"
also i am an avid classic car fanatic and to me there is something satisfying in rescuing a boat from the graveyard and bringing it back to life. no one was about to do that to this one for sure and i reckon another 6 years sat there out in the rain in a yard, added to the 6 already, i have no doubt it would gone beyond the point and even I (sucker that i am) wouldn't have fallen in love with it.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Red Roar
i feel like that now but my saving grace is when i am done i will be able to say "i built that" rather than "i bought that"
also i am an avid classic car fanatic and to me there is something satisfying in rescuing a boat from the graveyard and bringing it back to life. no one was about to do that to this one for sure and i reckon another 6 years sat there out in the rain in a yard, added to the 6 already, i have no doubt it would gone beyond the point and even I (sucker that i am) wouldn't have fallen in love with it.
Unfortunately the older boats (which I love) are falling by the wayside and as they get too rotted will eventually be cut up with no chance at a second life.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the difference between cars and boats is cars are obvious classics to anyone or at least most. With boats the same Kudos of ownership and recognition is not there.
many might swap their 2010 Mercedes car for a 50 year older 1960's one and do very well from it.
cant see that happening anytime soon with most boat owners.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered

I love to see the rebirth of a classic anything, weather it be a Coke machine or an airplane.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered

Lifeline is sealed and bolted down for the final time and gave the stereo a 30 minute wide open torture test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5YHmhp1Fs
Old 02-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Registered

A little track fun today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKCSkMIBPY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Nmbr1GMfan; 02-23-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

Did a little boating Sunday, had a great time. I'll see if I can get some video edited down tonight.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

Still fine tuning my video editing abilities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-jBvDSDxM
Old 02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Very cool... nice job editing IMO.
Only 2 more months and I'll be back in the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.