Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
65 MPH on Gary M new 24 with single 250 Yamaha >

65 MPH on Gary M new 24 with single 250 Yamaha

Notices

65 MPH on Gary M new 24 with single 250 Yamaha

Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
GaryMMM

Default THANKS!

GLW, thanks for the input. Yamaha is already making the Merc 4-stroke 225. Yamaha used to make the Mariners for Merc. Maybe a Yamaha 300 is not that far out. Do you know alot about outboards? The jumps on plane with some bow rise. But getting off plane is another story. Even after years of driving an Allison Craft, I am still trying to do this right. The stern wake is always there no matter how much I try to gradually slow down or out run the wake. The Yamaha cowl seal is fantastic but I worry about the potential for getting water sucked into the exhaust. Is this possible with an outboard with through prop exhaust? Is the exhaust outlet near the top of the lower unit just a vent? If water gets in there is it the end? Finally, would trim tabs help? The boat is fast and fun and reliable and warrantied for 4 years. GaryM